The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I've read many snippets in the news regarding Oscar at Chelsea, and how He hasn't really 'lit up the stage' and fulfilled his billing as a top signing.
Just compared his stats with Pedro's (because I'm bored) and He seem's to be doing ok?

If the choice was to bench Oscar for Pedro, would you take it? Or move Willian into Oscars position to accommodate Pedro.
I don't have an opinion either way because I'm not a chelski fan, just interested in your opinions.

View attachment 233395

Like you said the other day, the Citeh mullering, the first real one I can recall you having to that extent from a rival under Mourinho; could well of been a blessing in disguise in forcing the Russian's hand.

Indeed. I think the gap in quality that day was clear as well as our lack of plan B if Hazard has a bad game. Pedro is not enough but he is a massive step in the right direction

Players should be buzzing for West Brom after this. Pedro is second only to Bastian in number of trophies won in the EPL. He has played in the biggest games and turned in massive performances when required. Great signing that should lift the mood around the club

Now wrap up Stones please...

I've read many snippets in the news regarding Oscar at Chelsea, and how He hasn't really 'lit up the stage' and fulfilled his billing as a top signing.
Just compared his stats with Pedro's (because I'm bored) and He seem's to be doing ok?

If the choice was to bench Oscar for Pedro, would you take it? Or move Willian into Oscars position to accommodate Pedro.
I don't have an opinion either way because I'm not a chelski fan, just interested in your opinions.

View attachment 933496

I don't think Oscar will be benched simply because of the unique role he performs for the team as a No 10. And yes he has turned in big performances for us from time to time but he still needs to hit a level of consistency. All too often last season, he has tended to go missing and leave the burden on Hazard. A full summers rest should have done him wonders. Jose is expecting a big season

Whats wrong with that? We need depth at CM more than actual quality which we already have in Fabregas and Matic

I'm not opposed to a rotation CM, but it needs to be Fabregas going into the hole, not Willian. There's not another top side in Europe playing with that little creativity.

Never realised Pedro was so small!

Not even noticed that in the games I've watched him in haha

I'm not opposed to a rotation CM, but it needs to be Fabregas going into the hole, not Willian. There's not another top side in Europe playing with that little creativity.

What happens to Oscar then?

What happens to Oscar then?

This is for situations where Oscar is out: I would much rather see Fabregas go forward and a cm brought in to play pivot in those situations than see Willian go into the middle.

Although having said that I do feel we are fundamentally odd as a team right now, and the 4-2-3-1 with Oscar at AM is a big part of it.

I was quite happy when Juventus were rumoured to be interested. I'd sell him in a heartbeat and buy another more creative 10. It hurts me to this day we sold Mata. ******* 'ell.

This is for situations where Oscar is out: I would much rather see Fabregas go forward and a cm brought in to play pivot in those situations than see Willian go into the middle.

Although having said that I do feel we are fundamentally odd as a team right now, and the 4-2-3-1 with Oscar at AM is a big part of it.

The question is who is that CM though? We need a quality CM good enough to go into the first team straight away and justify selling /benching a big talent like Oscar

Also take this with a pinch of salt but apparently we have submitted a huge bid for Anthony Martial from Monaco. Emeleano spotted watching Monaco's CL qualifier against Valencia or he could have been there watching Pasalic maybe for whatever that's worth

Never thought a day would come when i would have to support Pedro. Him and Busquets used to be my most hated players from Barca, but now I'm really happy with him signing.

Never thought a day would come when i would have to support Pedro. Him and Busquets used to be my most hated players from Barca, but now I'm really happy with him signing.

I hate the whole Barca team and any player that has anything to do with them. Well, except for Messi. One does not simply hate Messi.

I realised recently that I don't actually have much against Pedro. Most of the **** I remember him doing was actually Biscuits, they just look too similar.

The question is who is that CM though? We need a quality CM good enough to go into the first team straight away and justify selling /benching a big talent like Oscar

I'm not necessarily saying to replace Oscar, I'm saying for when Oscar is injured/tired. We should have gone for Schneiderlin as amazing cover for both pivot roles imo.

Although having said that I do feel like we would be a lot more balanced playing 4-3-3.

Last edited:
I realised recently that I don't actually have much against Pedro. Most of the **** I remember him doing was actually Biscuits, they just look too similar.

I'm not necessarily saying to replace Oscar, I'm saying for when Oscar is injured/tired. We should have gone for Schneiderlin as amazing cover for both pivot roles imo.

Although having said that I do feel like we would be a lot more balanced playing 4-3-3.

I have been saying since last summer that we should buy Schneiderlin. I am still amazed we let that one slip through. He would have been perfect and would have solved all our midfield problems

I have been saying since last summer that we should buy Schneiderlin. I am still amazed we let that one slip through. He would have been perfect and would have solved all our midfield problems

We seem to have let a lot of good players slip through the net, which I hope indicates that we're chasing someone special.

Vaguely related, Rafa being at Madrid is ******* terrible news for us. He's probably the only manager who will rotate enough to make sure that everyone gets enough, including Kovacic. Were it not for his style, I could have genuinely seen Isco being worried about game time and agitating for a move after that signing. Ah well :(

We seem to have let a lot of good players slip through the net, which I hope indicates that we're chasing someone special.

Vaguely related, Rafa being at Madrid is ******* terrible news for us. He's probably the only manager who will rotate enough to make sure that everyone gets enough, including Kovacic. Were it not for his style, I could have genuinely seen Isco being worried about game time and agitating for a move after that signing. Ah well :(

Well if reports are to be believed, we did try to get Koke and Griezzmann this summer but they both rejected moves due to Euro's. In all honesty, I think we are waiting till next summer before launching big money moved for Koke and Griezzmann. Similar to Costa, I think Chelsea are willing to wait if they believe the players are a perfect fit

At this point though, I am realistically hoping to get Stones and see Oscar having a big season. That might be just about good enough to retain the title

Same here. All along i thought the guy who did a peek a boo was pedro, until i googled it again few hours ago.

Back