The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I was leaving it. but, I'll answer that.

You won't get ANY complaints there. The way Kenny (and I honestly believe he was just naively backing his player and the club should of had better PR in closing EVERYTHING down after that incident) handled that and allowed that the game at Wigan was to everyones detriment and an huge embarrassment to all concerned. Completely classless no question. The way they handled all the Suarez incidents was cringe worthy embarrassing.

But it's few and far between over the years. One thing the club always has been has been dignified. And they've gotten respect for it.

But well done for getting defensive and turning this back around again.

You walk into a Chelsea thread and have a pop over moral high grounds, don't complain when people spin round.

Everyone walk away before ajt gets itchy fingers

You walk into a Chelsea thread and have a pop over moral high grounds, don't complain when people spin round.

Everyone walk away before ajt gets itchy fingers

Well at my age they get shakey lol

I feel like this is exceptionally harsh. It's not like he isn't trying or he isn't driven, he's just in bad form with the team setup in a way that really, really emphasises that fact. We've gotten to the point where Hazard is expected to just outright win games on his own, which he actually did pretty well at the end of last season. It's great that we have a player who is skilled enough to do that, but we shouldn't be building our entire plan around him being consistently exceptional.

More importantly he will never be as good as Messi or Ronaldo, and I don't think anyone sane expects him to be. Those two are more than just the players of their generation, they're some of the absolute best players ever. I don't think Hazard isn't reaching those heights through lack of effort, I think he's not reaching them because they are practically impossible to achieve.

Precisely, and I don't think Hazard has ever talked about being the next Messi or Ronaldo. Obviously people will ask him, but he seems very grounded IMO and from what I've heard in interviews etc he just wants to improve every day. As proven from his comments recently...

"I'm not in search of records like some other players. If I can score between 15 and 20 goals each season, I will be very happy. I'm at a peak of my career but I want to become even better every day. I'm not there yet."

I feel like this is exceptionally harsh. It's not like he isn't trying or he isn't driven, he's just in bad form with the team setup in a way that really, really emphasises that fact. We've gotten to the point where Hazard is expected to just outright win games on his own, which he actually did pretty well at the end of last season. It's great that we have a player who is skilled enough to do that, but we shouldn't be building our entire plan around him being consistently exceptional.

More importantly he will never be as good as Messi or Ronaldo, and I don't think anyone sane expects him to be. Those two are more than just the players of their generation, they're some of the absolute best players ever. I don't think Hazard isn't reaching those heights through lack of effort, I think he's not reaching them because they are practically impossible to achieve.

You don't think it's lack of effort? Even Mourinho admits that Hazard is at best an average trainer. Plus he has looked like he enjoyed his summer too much and has come back looking overweight and unfit. It's he who is saying how he hopes to reach Messi/Ronaldo level one day. I am just holding him up to the standards that he himself aspires to

Agreed. I think its mad to hold those two players against him. Aspiring to be like them doesn't mean you will be their level.

Oh come on man, I was halfway through typing an arthritis joke. You're meant to be slow :-/

I should infract you for your deeply upsetting post :'( .

Us golden generation don't have much you know. In your day all we had to get by was Xbox Ones, or Playstation 4's-and that was just for the living room. That's all we had to get by on.

The only thing we get to look forward to now is a free bus pass :'(

You don't think it's lack of effort? Even Mourinho admits that Hazard is at best an average trainer. Plus he has looked like he enjoyed his summer too much and has come back looking overweight and unfit. It's he who is saying how he hopes to reach Messi/Ronaldo level one day. I am just holding him up to the standards that he himself aspires to

No? I don't see any evidence that he isn't trying, in fact everyone who talks about him says what a professional he is. At this point I honestly don't care about what Mourinho says, I'm so tired of his BS spin on every single little thing, and I haven't heard anyone else have a disparaging thing to say about the effort Hazard puts in.

No? I don't see any evidence that he isn't trying, in fact everyone who talks about him says what a professional he is. At this point I honestly don't care about what Mourinho says, I'm so tired of his BS spin on every single little thing, and I haven't heard anyone else have a disparaging thing to say about the effort Hazard puts in.

Well if you don't care about what the person who sees him in trainings day in and day out says then I can't help you there

Also if you think I am comparing Messi/Ronaldo to Hazard then you got to get your head checked. It's Hazard who aspires to be like them. It's Hazard who gives these quotes to the media. I know he won't reach that level ever. But in terms of effort and dedicated, it's fair to hold him against the very standards he himself wants to be held at

Anyone can see Hazard has come back overweight. He has also been invisible in our past 5 games. He is our most talented player. He is also our highest paid player. He is also the first name on the team sheet. Forgive me if I expected more from him than the rest of the team

Quite, I would love to hear watch the coaches outside of Mourinho are saying of his training.

Since that Spurs game, Chelsea have been very restrictive, and almost single handedly relying on Hazard to "make something". Now the whole side is off form, it's being exposed big time.

Last edited:
Since that Spurs game, Chelsea have been very restrictive, and almost single handedly relying on Hazard to "make something". Now the whole side is off form, it's being exposed big time.

Fear, that's what it is. It feels like the entire team is timid and scared of it happening again. You look at other top teams, and they occasionally get trashed, particularly the more attacking ones. Sometimes it just all doesn't click at the same time, and you get seriously punished. Bayern vs Porto springs to mind. But they don't doubt themselves, they don't let the fear set in, they keep their conviction and keep going. We didn't do that: we saw danger and ever since we've been hiding in the corner in terms of both morale and tactics.

17th place eh?

[video=youtube;yK0P1Bk8Cx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4[/video]

Fear, that's what it is. It feels like the entire team is timid and scared of it happening again. You look at other top teams, and they occasionally get trashed, particularly the more attacking ones. Sometimes it just all doesn't click at the same time, and you get seriously punished. Bayern vs Porto springs to mind. But they don't doubt themselves, they don't let the fear set in, they keep their conviction and keep going. We didn't do that: we saw danger and ever since we've been hiding in the corner in terms of both morale and tactics.

Definitely fear. I remember watching you against 10 man PSG, and genuinely thought the approach was cowardice. And you paid for it.

10 years ago??

Jeez I'm getting old.

[video=youtube;Hg3GY90vOSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3GY90vOSc[/video]

Classic Jose third season syndrome resurfacing again. Dressing room is not united. He is making enemies left, right and centre. His team is dropping points all over the place. His outbursts are getting nastier and more frequent. If we don't start winning soon, this is going to get very very ugly for the club

Board knew the sort of character they were hiring. Jose is a winner but you have to deal with the baggage that comes along. Not backing him in the transfer market and forcing Jose into a corner and this is what we are going to get

In all honesty even if results improve, if Mourinho doesn't clean up his act then I really wouldn't mind firing him. For a club like ours which wants to become a global brand, we can't have someone like Mourinho fronting it if he is going to behave this way. Get Klopp on standby I say

In his first go around at Chelsea, Jose was suave, funny and charismatic. It's what endeared him to fans and media alike. This Jose is very very different. Madrid has changed him completely

Back