The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Beautifully clowny game XD I know I should be mad but it's all sort of hilarious: the footballing equivalent of Laurel and Hardy. I know this probably makes me a bad fan by modern standards but **** it, if you can only sing when you're winning then what's the point? A Naismith hattrick ffs!

Beautifully clowny game XD I know I should be mad but it's all sort of hilarious: the footballing equivalent of Laurel and Hardy. I know this probably makes me a bad fan by modern standards but **** it, if you can only sing when you're winning then what's the point? A Naismith hattrick ffs!

Perfect Hat-trick too.

Well as expected, this season is going down the *******. Hopefully the people who were going on about how we are favourites in the summer will eat some humble pie now

It's hardly humble pie when it's a prediction.. Many, many people, including myself, seen Chelsea as favourites before the season started

It's hardly humble pie when it's a prediction.. Many, many people, including myself, seen Chelsea as favourites before the season started

I'm just astounded they've got the worst defense in the Prem right now and sit at 15th. I had them top or at worst 2nd

I'm just astounded they've got the worst defense in the Prem right now and sit at 15th. I had them top or at worst 2nd

Ivanovic was ***** defensively last year too, he just scored a bunch of goals so no one cared. Terry and Dave bailed us out of so many problens it's unreal. It's a side of our game lots of neutrals didn't see but it's been there for a while. A big reason we conceded so few goals was because of how defensively Mourinho set us up after the Tottenham loss.

Last edited:
Great result considering I bet on Everton victory. Now I just need Stoke to beat Arsenal, Crystal Palace to beat City, and Liverpool to beat United. Then my £5 will magically turn into £5000.

Great result considering I bet on Everton victory. Now I just need Stoke to beat Arsenal, Crystal Palace to beat City, and Liverpool to beat United. Then my £5 will magically turn into £5000.

Errrr... Good luck with that.

In all honesty, I don't think we are playing as bad as the results suggest. We are just having some terrible luck out there. It will pass over soon ... Hopefully

Also this is the ideal time for young players like RLC, Rahman and Kenedy to step up. Put up your hand and ask for opportunities. You'll probably get them with the way the full internationals in the first team are playing. Prove to everyone that the hype is deserved

In all honesty, I don't think we are playing as bad as the results suggest. We are just having some terrible luck out there. It will pass over soon ... Hopefully

Obviously it's easier said than done but once we sort out Brana, Fabregas and Matic we'll start picking up results IMO.

I don't think it's even individual performances that aren't up to par, the system itself has looked broken since (again) just after the Tottenham result when we kept the same shape but changed how players worked within it. Were it not for Hazard quite often carrying the team on his back and a surprising number of goals from the backline, there would have been a very different narrative at the end of last season.

And Torres scoring vs Barca. I shouldn't laugh, but it is pretty hilarious.

Last edited:
Also Hazard talks a lot about being the next Messi or Ronaldo. The talent is certainly there but his dedication and drive is nowhere near good enough. He has looked like he has come back 5 pounds too heavy from off-season. He is invisible in most games unless we are down to 10 men. Add that to reports that he doesn't really work very hard in training

He did very well last season and is certainly not the main culprit here. But if really wants to be as good as he says, he really needs to step it up

Mostly non-CFC fans had us down as favourites at least on this forum. Any CFC fan could see that there were massive problems with our team that hasn't been fixed in the transfer market. Lack of a solid CM and CB were two glaring issues

Then again, I still didn't expect us to do as badly as we are doing now

It's funny how games turn on random events. If Besic had stayed fit, Naismith wouldn't have played. It could have been an entirely different result

Not taking anything away from Everton, they were good but these are the type of results that happen when you marry poor performances with absolutely rotten luck

Back