The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Watching this game in a leisurely atmosphere in a pub with both L'pool and Utd supporters in yesterday lunchtime it's a changed sign of the times and the absolute dislike Mourinho has fostered to anyone outside your club for your club that both were happy to see Everton win.

And not just grudgingly happy either.

That's so true Scouse.
All the ABU's I know have dropped the hate for United and transferred it to Chelsea because of Mourinho.

Even my oldest sister who can't stand Football and only watches Rugby, recently piped up "Oh I hate them... That Jose is an awful gobshite".

Don't know about other chelsea fans but it is fine by me being hated. Makes it even sweeter when we are winning and lifting trophies.

Watching this game in a leisurely atmosphere in a pub with both L'pool and Utd supporters in yesterday lunchtime it's a changed sign of the times and the absolute dislike Mourinho has fostered to anyone outside your club for your club that both were happy to see Everton win.

And not just grudgingly happy either.

What? Nothing's changed. Chelsea have always been a disliked club.

What? Nothing's changed. Chelsea have always been a disliked club.

Growing up in Dublin and being a United fan since the 70's, I didn't actually meet a Chelsea fan, or see a single jersey until Abramovich came along.
Suddenly tons of 9 year olds are walking around in Chelsea tops?

I never seen any hate for them until now.

That's so true Scouse.
All the ABU's I know have dropped the hate for United and transferred it to Chelsea because of Mourinho.

Even my oldest sister who can't stand Football and only watches Rugby, recently piped up "Oh I hate them... That Jose is an awful gobshite".

They hated United when they were lifting trophy after trophy. It's a sign of how far they have fallen that people have stopped hating them quite as much

So what's your point? That Chelsea are disliked but Liverpool and United aren't?

Man. Some touchy people in here today.

That both Liverpool and United fans were happy Everton ..... EVERTON (THERES your relational point) won and where celebrating every Everton goal.

Most longstanding L'pool fans who've had decades of fun and games down at Stamford Bridge with your 'fans' hate you with a passion. That's a longstanding thing both ways and not born out of Benitez/ Mourinho and the big PL/ CL games as Sky like to portray. But not many would of been happy for an EVERTON win prior. You're no concern to us as regards where we'll finish so a defeat doesn't effect us. But since Morinho has returned with his completely classless, low life attitude he's changed even that when you play our rivals from over the park.

We've been no threat to Utd for the vast majority of the PL era. But still, there's very few Utd fans would ever happily 'cheer' a Liverpool win. And to a lesser extent thats still there with Everton. (Liverpool/ Manchester thing.). And not many realistically see you as a threat to where they'll finish. But Mourinho has managed to supersede that too.

You aren't disliked for success. You're disliked for the attitude he's fostered from most everyone involved with your football club.

They hated United when they were lifting trophy after trophy. It's a sign of how far they have fallen that people have stopped hating them quite as much

United in the '90's weren't disliked across the Country just down to their success. It was the way they went about things and the way Ferguson was toward everyone. Great manager. But a very sore loser and a classless winner.

Mourinho has taken that up a notch and them some.

Had either club and their respective managers been more dignified, their respective success would of been far better received.

L'pool (outside of traditional rivalry's) never got this lack of respect and Country wide hatred through their domination. But then Paisley and co were of a completely different era and knew how to handle both victory and defeat in a dignified manner.

Lol, some pointless arguments and comparing different eras when social media plays such a big role.

Everyone and everything is wrong except Liverpool.

Lol, some pointless arguments and comparing different eras when social media plays such a big role.

Everyone and everything is wrong except Liverpool.

As per, you miss the point by a Country mile and turn it back onto a ridiculous flip remark like that.

Feel free to rant away in response. I won't enable you on this one any further.

As per, you miss the point by a Country mile and turn it back onto a ridiculous flip remark like that.

Feel free to rant away in response. I won't enable you on this one any further.

There is no point. ManUtd fans are happy that Chelsea lost because they hope and feel they can finish higher than them. Liverpool fans because who ******* cares.

People hate all the big clubs and Chelsea are no different.

Also Hazard talks a lot about being the next Messi or Ronaldo. The talent is certainly there but his dedication and drive is nowhere near good enough. He has looked like he has come back 5 pounds too heavy from off-season. He is invisible in most games unless we are down to 10 men. Add that to reports that he doesn't really work very hard in training

He did very well last season and is certainly not the main culprit here. But if really wants to be as good as he says, he really needs to step it up

I feel like this is exceptionally harsh. It's not like he isn't trying or he isn't driven, he's just in bad form with the team setup in a way that really, really emphasises that fact. We've gotten to the point where Hazard is expected to just outright win games on his own, which he actually did pretty well at the end of last season. It's great that we have a player who is skilled enough to do that, but we shouldn't be building our entire plan around him being consistently exceptional.

More importantly he will never be as good as Messi or Ronaldo, and I don't think anyone sane expects him to be. Those two are more than just the players of their generation, they're some of the absolute best players ever. I don't think Hazard isn't reaching those heights through lack of effort, I think he's not reaching them because they are practically impossible to achieve.

Forget about winning and everything. Any club acting like this will be hated no matter whether they win or lose.

suarez2_2091576b.jpg

6a0115709f071f970b0162fe27eeca970d.jpe

Worst is the clown manager.

o-KENNY-DALGLISH-570.jpg

Absolutely classless.

Lets avoid the flame wars if you don't mind. I don't want to have to give out infractions when the **** storm happens.

Only warning

I was leaving it. But I'll answer that.

You won't get ANY complaints there. The way Kenny (and I honestly believe he was just naively backing his player and the club should of had better PR in closing EVERYTHING down after that incident) handled that and allowed that the game at Wigan was to everyones detriment and an huge embarrassment to all concerned. Completely classless no question. The way they handled all the Suarez incidents was cringe worthy embarrassing.

But it's few and far between over the years. One thing the club always has been has been dignified. And they've gotten respect for it.

But well done for getting defensive and turning this back around again.

Last edited:
Lets avoid the flame wars if you don't mind. I don't want to have to give out infractions when the **** storm happens.

Only warning

You posted before I'd finished typing.

Consider it dropped. Never expected a simple observation yesterday to hit so many nerves.

Back