The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Would love to see Kenedy or Bettand Traore come in against Arsenal instead of that clown Ramires. Also RLC definitely in with a shout after this performance

RLC is not ready for the first team just yet. I am not talking about performance, but fitness. You could see him stretch his legs all the time the last 10 minutes before he was subbed. More game time, a little more courage, and we will all forget about missing out Pogba this year.
Also I hope we stick to Baba and Cesar for fullback positions. Azpi is twice the player on the right IMO.

EDIT: What's with all this Ramires hate lately? It seems like we always need a scapegoat for ****** perfomances. Mikel filled that role for many years, even though he wasn't THAT bad as people claim.

Last edited:
RLC is not ready for the first team just yet. I am not talking about performance, but fitness. You could see him stretch his legs all the time the last 10 minutes before he was subbed. More game time, a little more courage, and we will all forget about missing out Pogba this year.
Also I hope we stick to Baba and Cesar for fullback positions. Azpi is twice the player on the right IMO.

EDIT: What's with all this Ramires hate lately? It seems like we always need a scapegoat for ****** perfomances. Mikel filled that role for many years, even though he wasn't THAT bad as people claim.

Perhaps but I'd still start Loftus-Cheek ahead of Fabregas on Saturday, IMO he deserves it after his MOTM performance last night. I completely agree about Baba and Dave though, but it's more for the fact that Ivanovic shouldn't be anywhere near the first-team at the moment. As for Ramires, there hasn't been that much hate towards him. But the 'hate' is justified IMO. He's been consistently s**t for about two/three-years now. Ramires + 4-2-3-1 = No.

Last edited:
Stevie G has started to run his mouth off a bit too much now that he is away from the EPL. Incredibly dumb

There are no problems between JT and Mourinho. In fact, JT actually told Piers that he will throw himself under a bus for Mourinho and this was right after the City game when JT was withdrawn at half time

You can't blame Stevie, it was a simple 'slip' of the tongue. :D

giles-smith--mission-accomplished.hero.png

The guy on the right. LOL

What's with all this Ramires hate lately? It seems like we always need a scapegoat for ****** perfomances. Mikel filled that role for many years, even though he wasn't THAT bad as people claim.

I actually like Ramires. I think he is an underrated player and offers a lot to the right team. We're not that team, especially playing 4-2-3-1. His passing and touch are atrocious, his positioning is suspect and he's often very scrappy in his otherwise excellent pressing. That means that he really needs to be played in a 3 man midfield, with a player who can distribute the ball beside him. The problem is that this player also needs to have the positioning and defensive skills that Ramires lacks, otherwise you end up with a lot of stress falling on the DM.

This creates 2 problems for us. First of all, we don't have that player. Fabregas isn't quite it, and Mikel is a little too defensive for it to be an effective midfield. Second, it means that Ramires has to effectively be the most offensive player of the 3, which again doesn't suit our squad. Fabregas and Oscar are far better suited to playing that role than he is. Even Willian is honestly.

He's a very odd player in that he's both a good way to add serious energy to a midfield, allowing you play to with a luxury player like a pretty stationary playmaker and a luxury player in and of himself, given that his lack of finesse require greater defensive and creative capabilities from the players around him.

And with Pedro and Willian out for Arsenal, I'm really hoping to see a 4-3-3 with Matic+Fabregas/Ramires+RLC on Saturday, with Oscar out on the right. He's played well there for us in the few chances he's had (and for Brazil a few times if my memory serves) and I'd much, much rather see it then Ramires starting on the wing with a Fabregas and Matic pivot.

Looking at the away end through the week did the entire population of Barnet tip up at the Bridge supporting Maccabi? Man alive.

Chelsea XI v Arsenal:

Begovic, Ivanovic, Cahill, Zouma, Dave, Fabregas, Matic, Pedro, Oscar, Hazard, Costa.

Subs:

Blackman, Terry, Mikel, Ramires, Loftus-Cheek, Falcao, Remy.

I can understand RLC being on the bench. This is a massive, season defining game for us. A mistake here would see him pilloried by the press and could obliterate his confidence. Fabregas should hopefully raise his game vs Arsenal too.

Brana starting is indefensible though.

Seriously what exactly does Ivanovic have on Jose that he has to start every meaningful game? Even Terry is dropped but not Iva ...

Seriously what exactly does Ivanovic have on Jose that he has to start every meaningful game? Even Terry is dropped but not Iva ...

Rahman is still raw defensively, which I think is his reasoning. It does make the lack of playing time we gave to Felipe Luis look even sillier now though.

Back