The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Incident was part of the game. Because **** doesn't know what the **** is fair play and ruining the ******* football you're trying to talk about, yes, we can do that. We can discuss actual football when it's appropriate. Now its appropriate to talk about Costa and Gabriel and how one of them is incredibly rotten all around and the other is just as stupid. So you can go away with that preach about 'lets discuss the actual football'. I post in Chelsea thread once in a month, and now I can't even talk about Chelsea related stuff because it hurts you? Great! You'll see me more often then.

There is literally no discussion to be had about it: no one disagrees that he should be sent off. We've already had like 5 comments from people saying that he's a disgrace to the game etc etc. Again, no one disagrees. So we can either circlejerk the "Costa is Hitler and Satan's lovechild" angle for another few pages or we can talk about the actual football.

To be fair, the whole Costa controversy overshadowed the entire game and actually was the changing point in the game so there really isn't much to talk about par that incident.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
There are loads of really interesting points to take from that game

. Costa form in front of goal and the role he played today.
. Oscar's excellent pressing.
. Our rather slack passing at times.
. Zouma putting in a seriously impressive performance.
. Fabregas looking back on form.
. Hazard looking a lot brighter than he has all season
. How Brana played
. How Matic played
. The movement we had off the ball
. The flexibility of our pivot
. The way that Fabregas actually held his position really well in the first half, often staying deep.
. Pedro's fairly quiet game.
. Whether or not we need to be looking for a first team centreback or whether this could be our new pairing.

You can take your butthurt comments to the arsenal thread. Everyone agrees he deserved to be sent off. Not sure what's the point in going on and on about it. It won't change anyone's opinions

******* point is that he's telling me what to write and what not. I don't care if you guys discussed the issue for the last 3 pages. I want to say something on the matter and I did. Also, grow up with 'butthurt' comments. I care about Arsenal just as much I care about Chelsea. Thing is, Costa did more wrong for the football then he did good. Look at that from this perspective. Great, Costa act got you 3 points today. But he's a ******* good footballer and imagine him getting banned for 3 games. Was that worth it?

@Subtle
"Incident was part of the game. "

I thought Iva still got skinned a little too often and offered very little going forward. He was much, much better than he has been, but the future of RB is definitely Dave. Hoping to see Baba get lots of time this year to help sharpen up his game, with Iva becoming more of a squad player in the summer.

Iva looks off in the summer mate. This is his final year anyways.

There is literally no discussion to be had about it: no one disagrees that he should be sent off. We've already had like 5 comments from people saying that he's a disgrace to the game etc etc. Again, no one disagrees. So we can either circlejerk the "Costa is Hitler and Satan's lovechild" angle for another few pages or we can talk about the actual football.

There are loads of really interesting points to take from that game

. Costa form in front of goal and the role he played today.
. Oscar's excellent pressing.
. Our rather slack passing at times.
. Zouma putting in a seriously impressive performance.
. Fabregas looking back on form.
. Hazard looking a lot brighter than he has all season
. How Brana played
. How Matic played
. The movement we had off the ball
. The flexibility of our pivot
. The way that Fabregas actually held his position really well in the first half, often staying deep.
. Pedro's fairly quiet game.
. Whether or not we need to be looking for a first team centreback or whether this could be our new pairing.

The funny thing about this 'Costa should get a retrospective ban' rubbish is that it's seemingly okay for opposing teams players to actively try to get him sent off every week but when Costa does it he should get banned?

Iva looks off in the summer mate. This is his final year anyways.

I didn't realise that he'll be 32 in Feb, probably makes sense for him to go in the summer then. How do we proceed though, that is the question. Do we trust that we can get Baba up to Chelsea standards by then or do we go in for another leftback? I think the one thing that is clear is that Dave really needs to be moved to the right on a permanent basis at the first opportunity: he offers so a lot more going forward when he's in his natural position.

The funny thing about this 'Costa should get a retrospective ban' rubbish is that it's seemingly okay for opposing teams players to actively try to get him sent off every week but when Costa does it he should get banned?
It's not OK. Gabriel should have been sent off as well. He pushed, kicked Costa and he deserved his red. Not like how he eventually got one, but hey, there's some justice in it. What annoys me the most is consistency from FA, or should I say, lack of it. If someone grabs Costa by his neck, kicks him with both hands in the face, then he should get red and lengthly match ban as well. There's a sport for that kind of **** and it's not called football.

I didn't realise that he'll be 32 in Feb, probably makes sense for him to go in the summer then. How do we proceed though, that is the question. Do we trust that we can get Baba up to Chelsea standards by then or do we go in for another leftback? I think the one thing that is clear is that Dave really needs to be moved to the right on a permanent basis at the first opportunity: he offers so a lot more going forward when he's in his natural position.

A bit too early in the season to be speculating on all that tbh. Rahman is still developing and he could potentially have a Zouma-esque phase in his development and be starting calibre next summer. Plus we have youngsters like Ake out on loan at EPL clubs who could also be in with a shout

Put a gun to my head right now though and I would say we should get a new LB. Also completely agree on Azpilicueta, he needs to be moved to the right. Someone like Stones coming in would be ideal as he can play both CB and RB giving us very good cover

This summer could potentially see the departures of Ivanovic, Terry and Mikel. That's pretty much the last few warriors of the old guard gone in the space of 3 seasons. Wow

A bit too early in the season to be speculating on all that tbh. Rahman is still developing and he could potentially have a Zouma-esque phase in his development and be starting calibre next summer. Plus we have youngsters like Ake out on loan at EPL clubs who could also be in with a shout

Put a gun to my head right now though and I would say we should get a new LB. Also completely agree on Azpilicueta, he needs to be moved to the right. Someone like Stones coming in would be ideal as he can play both CB and RB giving us very good cover

Stones is actually a very solid call to solve that problem. Don't think he's an amazing rightback, but the fact he can cover it is something that I think a lot of people have overlooked. I did wonder if Mourinho is going to want to bring in a more experienced player rather than having Dave + a selection of talented youngsters but we're being linked to Gaya again so who knows.

This summer could potentially see the departures of Ivanovic, Terry and Mikel. That's pretty much the last few warriors of the old guard gone in the space of 3 seasons. Wow

I'd be shocked if Terry leaves. I can definitely see him staying on just for his influence in the dressing room and to give up some depth. If he does hang up his boots, I don't think he'll actually be going anywhere, will probably be moved into a coaching role.

To think Lampard and Drogba are both thirty-f**king-seven! To be honest Baba showed at Augsburg that he can reach those 'standards', whether or not he will at Chelsea is a different question but as Alcaraz stated it's too early to tell. Still at the moment the most logical step seems to be Baba at LB and Dave at RB. Hopefully we'll see that 'step' against Walsall on Wednesday. One more thing... Dave's f**king amazing!

Costa is a massive **** and I wish he played for us. Silly from Gabriel for playing into it to easily though.

You can't blame Stevie, it was a simple 'slip' of the tongue. :D

The first time I've been back on the fourms since travelling across the whole of Thailand and you guys are still going on about this?

Moses scored for West Ham. This presently is an excellent day for Chelsea.

Oh, Costa is an absolute shithouse. And the media hounded out Suarez. Guess he played in the wrong City for the London press.

How I love Chelsea match reports!
"Gabriel and Diego Costa were involved in a dispute and came together as they remonstrated with each other. With players from both sides separating the pair, and both men receiving yellow cards, the incident appeared to have been diffused, but the Arsenal defender refused to accept what had gone on and then kicked out at Diego Costa, leaving Mike Dean with no option but to send him off".

Look at that from this perspective. Great, Costa act got you 3 points today. But he's a ******* good footballer and imagine him getting banned for 3 games. Was that worth it
I think my point might have come across wrong. I didn't want to say you shouldn't or even can't say things in this thread, it was more that we had just been saying the same old things for the past 3/4 pages.

This is a really good point though. He rides that line way too often and I quite often watching him and just think: "ffs Diego, just focus on scoring!" From a purely footballing point of view, it's a useful ability to have but he's got to stop risking it quite so much. Like Mourinho said in the press conference afterwards "derbies are about discipline." If Gabriel hadn't reacted and Costa had rightly been sent off, he could have totally ****** us.

Wow Costa is a disgustingly vile player. Same like as Suarez.

I don't know how anyone whose a football fan can say they are pleased he's on their team..

Oh, Costa is an absolute shithouse. And the media hounded out Suarez. Guess he played in the wrong City for the London press.

Costa got (rightly) pilloried by every single pundit and paper for his stamps last year, and he'll get major **** again for this. There is no great media conspiracy and if there was you'd have a very hard time convincing anyone that it was against Liverpool.

Wow Costa is a disgustingly vile player. Same like as Suarez.

I don't know how anyone whose a football fan can say they are pleased he's on their team..

So you wouldn't be pleased if Suarez and/or Costa were in your team?

Back