The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
So you wouldn't be pleased if Suarez and/or Costa were in your team?

I hate them both, so I wouldn't be pleased. Talented players don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't cheer for them if they were at Man Utd and did the same ****.

Costa is football equivalent of primary school bully. Harasses you all day and teachers look the other way, but punch him and you'll get in trouble.

I hate them both, so I wouldn't be pleased. Talented players don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't cheer for them if they were at Man Utd and did the same ****.

Not going for a fans war, but I guess you liked Ronaldo just as well when he was cheating his *** off to penalties and whatnot.

Costa, like I said before, is an *******, but I'd rather have him with us, than against us.

3pts, clean sheet, City losing...

[video=youtube_share;Bv4oIWUx738]http://youtu.be/Bv4oIWUx738[/video]

I agree. I wanted Suarez out after the first bite. Some things mean far more than just mere talent.

But the flip side question is did you love Roy Keane? A player who openly went out to end a fellow professionals career. And succeeded. Cantona, who attacked a supporter?

Not picking on you. Just running with your post as 2 examples of how hypocritical we can be as fans.

I agree. I wanted Suarez out after the first bite. Some things mean far more than just mere talent.

But the flip side question is did you love Roy Keane? A player who openly went out to end a fellow professionals career. And succeeded. Cantona, who attacked a supporter?

Not picking on you. Just running with your post as 2 examples of how hypocritical we can be as fans.

Exactly.

Love the editing on Match of the Day. Look at the Costa incident and oh look, Costa is someone magically on the floor before the clip starts, how convenient. He must have fallen down before it started, what a silly boy.

Although holy **** Danny Murphy saying he shouldn't have even been carded. XD

Last edited:
Him being a massive ****** is mildly entertaining at times but props to some footballers who he winds up, how he hasn't been chinned yet or even a cheeky hook to the body is beyond me.

Diego Costa is a complete **** but he is our **** and I love him just like every other clubs fans would if he played for them. Also doing what he did today makes it even better as it winds up the oppositions fans even more when you show support for him :)

This is awkward because Cantona was playing before I can remember. Keane was also 10 years ago and I don't have the best memory. But I can say that if Cantona was in the team now and did it, my opinion would of done a 180. And I can say that since Keane retired, he hasn't been in my good books at all. Comes off as a giant ******* half the time.

But it's the same, Both talented players, just wouldn't cheer for them.

I think there is a lot of difference between wanting to end someone's career and the antics that Costa engages in. Distasteful as they may be, they have yet to cause permanent damage to someone's career. Also it's astonishing that no media outlet bothers to comment on this but Costa always shakes the hand of the player he needled and annoyed after the game. What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch

Am I defending Costa? Not really, he deserved to be sent off and we really didn't need his antics to win the game. We were playing well. But some people (not aimed at you) really need to get a grip on things. I guess the league always needs a new villain

Him being a massive ****** is mildly entertaining at times but props to some footballers who he winds up, how he hasn't been chinned yet or even a cheeky hook to the body is beyond me.
New to the EPL so forgive me. So what happens if someone KOs Costa on the pitch when he is acting like a colossal douche nozzle?

This is awkward because Cantona was playing before I can remember. Keane was also 10 years ago and I don't have the best memory. But I can say that if Cantona was in the team now and did it, my opinion would of done a 180. And I can say that since Keane retired, he hasn't been in my good books at all. Comes off as a giant ******* half the time.

But it's the same, Both talented players, just wouldn't cheer for them.

Great answer and you just went up in my estimation.

Seems like we're alone on this but some things are FAR more important than mere athletic talent alone. I wouldn't touch Costa with a barge pole and would be embarrassed and ****** if he played for my club.

I took a lot of flack from friends for wanting Suarez sold after the first bite. (Or second of his career.). Nobody was giving me any or arguing after he went and did it again the WC. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cheer when he scored after the first one. But I viewed that as celebrating the team scoring and personally didn't sing his individual song.

Worldie player. Horrible individual. Rightly or wrongly, I'd prefer not to have the latter in my dressing room even it came at the expense of not having the former.

I think there is a lot of difference between wanting to end someone's career and the antics that Costa engages in.....

No question. And I wasn't meaning to compare offences. I just used those two examples to run with a point on how fans can be highly contradictory and hypocritical in blindly backing their own clubs players regardless of their indiscretions whilst readily slating other clubs.

Diego Costa, Gabriel, Chelsea and Arsenal all charged

Following the game between Chelsea and Arsenal on Saturday [19 September 2015], The FA has taken the following disciplinary action.

Diego Costa has been charged for an alleged act of violent conduct which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. The Chelsea forward was involved in an incident with Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny in the 43rd minute of the game. He has until 6pm tomorrow [Tuesday 22 September 2015] to reply.

Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees. Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence. For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision by the panel must be unanimous.

Arsenal defender Gabriel has been charged with improper conduct for his behaviour following his dismissal, whilst team-mate Santi Cazorla has been warned for his behaviour following his sending off.

Finally, both clubs have been charged for failing to control their players under FA Rule E20.

Both clubs and Gabriel have until 6pm on Thursday [24 September 2015] to reply.

FA take disciplinary action following Chelsea's game with Arsenal - Football Rules & Governance | The FA

Retrospective action, while good and fair, counts for jack **** considering the red card effectively killed off what was a very even game till that stage. The in-game decision making and refereeing has to be a lot better.

There's not much we can complain about, but the 'not seen by match officials' part still irritates me to be honest. It asks the question, where the f**k was the linesman looking?

There's not much we can complain about, but the 'not seen by match officials' part still irritates me to be honest. It asks the question, where the f**k was the linesman looking?

[video=youtube;Vy9va2npxXM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy9va2npxXM[/video]

Back