The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Because they're both seriously out of form. Hazard did nothing after coming on and Matic was no better than Mikel.

Like most every other Chelsea player isn't?

Don't get how you leave your best player, in form or not, out of such a key game.

Don't get how you leave your best player, in form or not, out of such a key game.

its not all that key really, win your home games and sneak an away win very rare teams go out on 12 points. You would fancy Chelsea to beat Tell Aviv away and then Dynamo and Porto both at home

its not all that key really, win your home games and sneak an away win very rare teams go out on 12 points. You would fancy Chelsea to beat Tell Aviv away and then Dynamo and Porto both at home

Oh, they'll **** out of the group being they have Kiev and the Israel's which is more than likely 4 guaranteed wins. That was never in question.

It just keeps top spot open that little bit longer.

They're not though. Willian was brilliant, Costa was great, Ramires was solid, Mikel was solid, Azpi was good, even Fabregas was looking better. There are 3 seriously out of form players, and you wanted 2 of them to start. Pedro was in form and was meant to add the width that Dave can't right now, which Hazard doesn't offer.

Also no one has mentioned this yet but Mourinho has not been charged for what he happened to Carneiro. Again, she has no chance in **** in winning that case in court if she takes it there, unless the FA only looked into what Mourinho said at the time and not subsequent action, but that would seem pretty odd.

Also no one has mentioned this yet but Mourinho has not been charged for what he happened to Carneiro. Again, she has no chance in **** in winning that case in court if she takes it there, unless the FA only looked into what Mourinho said at the time and not subsequent action, but that would seem pretty odd.
The reason he wasnt charged is because the FA decided not to call ANY witnesses or actually look at any evidence. FA board member Heather has just put out a furious statement on it. Which is not what would happen in a legal case.

Last edited:
The reason he wasnt charged is because the FA decided not to call ANY witnesses. Which is not what would happen in a legal case.

But there must be a reason for that. It's not like they just glanced at it, said "meh, whatever" and then threw it out. If anything, the fact that they felt the case wasn't strong enough to even call witnesses is very telling.

I will happily donate £50 to the Base if she wins a constructive dismissal case. It just isn't going to happen.

See below Dan,

Heather Rabbatts:

"The FA's reaction to the treatment of Dr Eva Carneiro has been seriously disappointing. I have major concerns over the way in which ‎the disciplinary process has been conducted and the lack of an organisational response to the wider issues raised by this case.

"We had an announcement late yesterday (September 30th‎) relating to a high profile incident which occurred on August 8th and yet it would appear that during that time no witnesses were requested to speak to the FA, including Dr Carneiro, and in the course of the investigation some media were reporting it was likely that no charge was to be brought. This on top of a previous case when clear evidence of sexist and abusive chanting from groups of supporters against Dr Carneiro was apparently not seen as sufficient for a charge to be raised.

"A highly respected‎ medic, a woman at the top of her profession in football, has been mistreated, undermined, verbally abused and yet no-one apart from Dr Carneiro has faced significant consequences.

"In addition, the demotion of Dr Carneiro and her subsequent departure from Chelsea FC raises important issues which ‎the club, the FA , the Premier League, the PFA and the LMA need to address. It is my view that the lack of support given to her as a medic and as a woman has resulted in her removal from the game. This is not only a personal tragedy but is a setback for player welfare and sends a terrible message to other medics and all those girls and women who aspire to play a role at the top level of professional football.

"I have shared these views with senior colleagues at the FA and hope that by speaking out‎ all parties involved will be encouraged to take steps to support Dr Carneiro and ensure that real and serious lessons are learned for the future. "

But there must be a reason for that. It's not like they just glanced at it, said "meh, whatever" and then threw it out. If anything, the fact that they felt the case wasn't strong enough to even call witnesses is very telling.

I will happily donate £50 to the Base if she wins a constructive dismissal case. It just isn't going to happen.

That's actually pretty much what happened, because they are ****. They didn't even call her up. That's not even an investigation. That's sticking your fingers in your ears. It's not to do with thinking its not strong enough, they simply didnt even try.

I'm not say she would win. I am saying they didnt even bother to look. and it's not the first time.

I agree with all of that and think the club should be punished and it should be looked into in more detail. The problem is that if the FA has chosen not to even investigate, they're either woefully negligent/sexist (in which case she would then have a legal case against them as well, as the relevant governing body in what you would have to describe as systematic issues) or they feel like the case was not going to be decisive. Seeing as how the FA tend to use a much lower burden of proof than the courts, you have to figure that she has very little chance of winning a case.

I guess it comes down to why they wouldn't even bother to look. You would figure that if it was a strong case, they would make superficial investigations at least, to clear them of any possible allegations of misconduct.

I agree with all of that and think the club should be punished and it should be looked into in more detail. The problem is that if the FA has chosen not to even investigate, they're either woefully negligent/sexist (in which case she would then have a legal case against them as well, as the relevant governing body in what you would have to describe as systematic issues) or they feel like the case was not going to be decisive. Seeing as how the FA tend to use a much lower burden of proof than the courts, you have to figure that she has very little chance of winning a case.
I'm definitely going with woefully negligent. But then FA are looking at sexist comments, she is looking at constructive dismissal in her case.

Last edited:
Maybe they are that **** as an organisation, the thing is that when the lawyers tend to get involved even the shittiest of organisations tend to tighten up and minimise culpability.

I'm definitely going with woefully negligent. But then FA are looking at sexist comments, she is looking at constructive dismissal in her case.

The constructive dismissal case would almost certainly hinge on the verifiable abuse on the pitch though, like Tyton said a while back. There's way too many ways for the club to spin her "demotion" for it to ever win a case without serious support in the form of verifiable evidence.

I'm not saying this is the final nail in the coffin of why she won't win, more that it's one of several successive nails that have been driven in over the last couple of weeks. She might still claw her way out somehow, but this is still definitely a blow. Which I think is sad but there you go, that's the legal system in this country for you.

Back