The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Eh, the quotes from FA lass have too high concentration of PC verbal diarrhea. People like that make me ashamed for being a leftist. Caneiro was being abused by the fans to such an extent, that it would require an investigation? Really? How about 80.000 people on Old Trafford verbally abusing Gerrard during every home game for last 10 years? That somehow slipped your attention, Heather?

Anyway, you can't be comparing FA to an actual court of law. It doesn't matter how many lawyers FA has on payroll. Its a for-profit institution and the only motivation for everything they ever do, is protecting their own backside. A civil court cant' just do Jedi hand wave and decide case is not worth pursuing.

Seems like Salah is off to Roma on a permanent deal. Reported figure is 16M. Not a bad deal.

José Mourinho could face another FA investigation into alleged discriminatory comments made towards Eva Carneiro, the former Chelsea doctor.
Carneiro broke her silence yesterday nearly two months after the controversial incidents on the opening day of the season, when she ran on to the pitch to treat Eden Hazard during the game against Swansea City that ultimately led to her leaving her job at Stamford Bridge. In a scathing criticism of the FA’s judiciary procedure she insisted that she had not been asked to provide evidence or give her version of events.
The fallout from Mourinho’s anger at Carneiro’s decision to provide medical assistance when he accused her and her colleague, Jon Fearn, of being “impulsive and naive” and “not understanding the game”, seemed to lose momentum when the FA cleared the Chelsea manager of wrongdoing this week.
But in a statement released yesterday, Carneiro said: “I was at no stage requested by the FA to make a statement. I wonder whether this might be the only formal investigation in this country where the evidence of the individuals involved in the incident was not considered relevant. Choosing to ignore some of the evidence will surely influence the outcome of the findings.”
Carneiro also highlights that she was not approached by the FA when it responded to a complaint of sexist abuse towards her at Upton Park last season.
A spokesman for the FA responded: “We have never received any information or complaint from Dr Carneiro. Including in written correspondence with her lawyers, it has been made explicitly clear that if Dr Carneiro had evidence to provide or wished to make a complaint she was more than welcome to do so. That route remains open.”
The crucial element to that statement is that Carneiro can still provide evidence, which in turn implies that the case against the Chelsea manager can be reopened although the FA’s investigation procedure thus far has been widely criticised.
“I think it typifies the FA’s approach to taking discrimination seriously,” Elizabeth George, employment barrister at Leigh Day, said. “If the FA are going to show they take such issues seriously then the least they can do is speak directly to her to find out what she said happened.
“It makes you question how much they actually want to know what happened. I’d welcome it if they revisit the case. It’s extraordinary to me they haven’t gone farther [into gathering evidence] than they appear to have gone.”
Many in the legal profession do not believe that a fair investigation can be said to have taken place without Carneiro’s evidence being heard. “In general, allegations of discrimination requires proper investigation,” Peter Daley, employment and discrimination lawyer at Bindmans, said.
“Without giving a complainant the opportunity to properly particularise the complaint, it is difficult, if not impossible, to properly investigate. It would seem at best unlikely that an investigation completed without taking a statement from the complainant could reasonably be said to have concluded fairly or reliably.”
At his press conference yesterday, before Carneiro’s statement, Mourinho hinted that he will give his version of events eventually. “For the past two months I didn’t open my mouth, and I’m going to keep it like this. One day I will speak, but I will choose the day,” he said. “I read and I listen and I watch, and I’m quiet. We can be here all day... my time to speak will arrive when I decide.”
Carneiro left the club 11 days ago. Her role was downgraded after being called naive in her handling of Hazard’s injury.

Newcastle play like a Champions League team against us. Now they are playing like a Championship team against City. Sums up our luck this season

Newcastle play like a Champions League team against us. Now they are playing like a Championship team against City. Sums up our luck this season

And De Bruyne absolutely tearing them apart. He's been amazing in basically every game he's played for them so far.

And De Bruyne absolutely tearing them apart. He's been amazing in basically every game he's played for them so far.

Indeed, like Martial the talk was all about his price tag. Very quickly forgotten, been exceptional.

Indeed, like Martial the talk was all about his price tag. Very quickly forgotten, been exceptional.

There's been so much talk about how they can't replace Toure and how much it would hurt them to have an inferior player there but Pellegrini has rather solved that problem by being pragmatic. If there isn't another Toure available right now, adapt the system and move on.

There's been so much talk about how they can't replace Toure and how much it would hurt them to have an inferior player there but Pellegrini has rather solved that problem by being pragmatic. If there isn't another Toure available right now, adapt the system and move on.

Still cannot fathom Mourinho's decision with him. It's not in hindsight as I was quite vocal at the time. But such an error. Same with Mata, if not on a similar scale though (having said that, he's been incredibly effective for us)

Still cannot fathom Mourinho's decision with him. It's not in hindsight as I was quite vocal at the time. But such an error. Same with Mata, if not on a similar scale though (having said that, he's been incredibly effective for us)

Sheer dogmatism but it's very odd. After all he seemed perfectly happy with Ozil and used him effectively at Madrid.

Willian is looking more like the player we signed for Shakhtar than he has done in a long time. He's got some of his flair back and is always moving really well. If he can just get his finishing up to par he can honestly keep Pedro out of the side, which is no mean feat.

Between watching us play this whole season, and having my teeth pulled out one by one, I think I'd choose the latter.

The best thing is that we've completely gimped our attack and creativity in the name of defense and we're still leaking goals at every possible opportunity.

We have been playing scared like this since New Years 5-3 defeat to Spurs. If our defense is so ****, we might as well take the handbrake off our attacking players. Let in 3 and we will score 6 ... Gimme some of that ****

I'm not going to lie.
I can't stand Jose, so this is brilliant fun for me.

I'm not going to lie.
I can't stand Jose, so this is brilliant fun for me.

giphy.gif

Back