The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
We did it before they signed strikers iirc. He was meant to be 2nd/3rd choice.

Yep. IIRC Palace had Murray, Gayle, Campbell and Chamakh when Bamford joined but at the time it was looking like Gayle and Murray were on the move. Unfortunately in the end the deal for Gayle fell through and Palace brought in Wickham as well, leaving Bamford as 4th choice behind Gayle, Campbell and Wickham.

All I got from that statement was he is basically a goner if you have a few more results like this rather than a true vote of confidence for him, no assurances or anything.

As Jose has said himself, results have not been good enough and the team's performances must improve.

All I got from that statement was he is basically a goner if you have a few more results like this rather than a true vote of confidence for him, no assurances or anything.

As Jose has said himself, results have not been good enough and the team's performances must improve.

Its the first time ever in the Ambramovich era that the club has publicly backed a manager. Make of that what you will

Honestly imo, let's just get on with it. Results are obviously unacceptable but we are better than this. 2 weeks to sort this out and hopefully we are in the top 4 by the end of holiday season

Watching the 7 minute of Mourinho. Oh my god he has cracked!

Watching the 7 minute of Mourinho. Oh my god he has cracked!

What makes me laugh is how much he reminds me of the Fascist dictators. Like if you took the words workrate, FA and Wenger, and replaced them with "aryan might" "French" and "Jews" you could easily think you were reading transcripts of the Nuremberg rally.

"Jose Mourinho has been charged for misconduct in relation to media comments he made following Chelsea's game against Southampton on Saturday"

9b3.png

Yep. IIRC Palace had Murray, Gayle, Campbell and Chamakh when Bamford joined but at the time it was looking like Gayle and Murray were on the move. Unfortunately in the end the deal for Gayle fell through and Palace brought in Wickham as well, leaving Bamford as 4th choice behind Gayle, Campbell and Wickham.

Wickham is there as well? Bamford will never see the pitch in that case. That's a shame because his career was climbing and now it's stalled for 6 months

Seems like a class lad though. Genuinely wants to make it at Chelsea. Proved his chops at League One with MK Dons and then in the Championship with Derby. Hope we work something out in January

Also even if our academy has not produced a Chelsea regular since Terry, it's nice to see many of our youngsters establishing themselves at respectable levels in the game. Players like Bertrand have even become EPL regulars with sides like Southampton

Wickham is there as well? Bamford will never see the pitch in that case. That's a shame because his career was climbing and now it's stalled for 6 months

Seems like a class lad though. Genuinely wants to make it at Chelsea. Proved his chops at League One with MK Dons and then in the Championship with Derby. Hope we work something out in January

Yeah, they signed Wickham for around £7m IIRC but he's injured at the moment. I must admit I'm not a massive fan of Bamford. I watched a lot of him at Middlesborough last season and he's never impressed me, but fortunately he's got plenty of time to develop so I won't rule anything out at this stage. I imagine we'll reassess his situation in January if his playing time hasn't improved by then.

As bad as things have been btw, does anyone realistically expect us to finish outside of the top 4? I mean our only real rivals for it are only about 5 points ahead of us, and none of them have been especially consistent in recent times.

As bad as things have been btw, does anyone realistically expect us to finish outside of the top 4? I mean our only real rivals for it are only about 5 points ahead of us, and none of them have been especially consistent in recent times.

I expect Chelsea to finish in a decent place. They have to come good at some point. I've held on to 3 Chelsea players in my DT so they want to ****** step up haha

Definitely not. I think we will eventually get our **** together and make a late run at the title as well. None of the big teams are showing any form of consistency atm

Top 4 and a cup win would be a very good season at this stage though

Someone made a good observation at WAGHN. If Dele Alli was at Chelsea, he would probably be playing in the reserves with Musonda

If Mourinho is serious about giving youth a chance, he needs to start trusting them a lot more rather than just throw them on in meaningless games or towards the end of 90 minutes. If there is any silver lining in our current 'crisis', it's that he is now forced to give youth players a run of games. Let's hope they rise to the challenge

Someone made a good observation at WAGHN. If Dele Alli was at Chelsea, he would probably be playing in the reserves with Musonda

If Mourinho is serious about giving youth a chance, he needs to start trusting them a lot more rather than just throw them on in meaningless games or towards the end of 90 minutes. If there is any silver lining in our current 'crisis', it's that he is now forced to give youth players a run of games. Let's hope they rise to the challenge

Other clubs are throwing them in and being rewarded for it. Outside of Madrid, can you think of another team in the world that wants so much from our youth before we'll play them?

I honestly don't think you'll improve much, unless Mourinho gets fired or changes his ways. He needs to realize that pushing players to the extreme is not a viable approach for a longterm job. It works for few seasons, secures trophies, but eventually people just can't stand it anymore.

I've once read an interview with a certain manager who's name escapes me. When taking on a new job, he was studying his predecessor ways. When previous guy was a disciplinarian, this manager posed as ****-buddy type of coach. When previous guy was ****-buddy, he posed as disciplinarian. That's because people need a change of theme to stay motivated, you can't just be this extreme guy for several years and not tire the players out with your attitude. Unless you're Ferguson, but he was a genius.

I have this theory that you can predict managerial successes by watching for this pattern. If ****-buddy replaces disciplinarian, its usually works. If after a hardass comes another hardass, its usually fail. Benitez (disciplinarian) after Mourinho(disciplinarian) - fail. Ancellotti (****-buddy) after Mourinho (disciplinarian) - success. Obviously I don't have any evidence that would support this, besides my confirmation bias, but its fun to think it works.

Very interesting and telling take from Cappelo playing into recent discussions that Jose not only physically but mentally runs his players down to the point they can't last more than a year and a half/ 2 years.

Everything plays into the third season problems with him.

Back