The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
It's the only reason I can see?
I've fallen out with people in workplaces before and sacked popular people (with good reason).
The knock on effect can be catastrophic in every team.
Makes no difference what the business is.

There are couple of articles Ive posted that outline it better than I could, from miguel delaney. Have a look earlier in the thread

There are couple of articles Ive posted that outline it better than I could, from miguel delaney. Have a look earlier in the thread

Will do, thanks (in the morning, when I'm sober).

It's exactly like the last time. Massive test for him and players now. Do they rally? Will they even rally for him?

Anyone know Chelsea's next 5 games?

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he blamed Barcelona for losing to Southampton today.

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he blamed Barcelona for losing to Southampton today.

BrightHairyDogfish.gif

"My players weren't in their right minds. They were too worried about Messi and his Injury. We hope he makes a full recovery"

Matic' chelsea career is done isn't it? Read what Jose said about Matic after the match, it might be truth but looked very harsh, that too after subbing him out after coming in as a sub in just 20 mins.

Re Fabregas, he is playing top flight football since 16, just like Rooney and Rooney is already done. It's obvious Rooney has declined as he has played for so long, same problem with Fabregas?

Just me who thinks this could be Eden Hazards last season at the club? Would thrive in a much more attacking side and wouldn't suprise me if he has had enough with all these defensive duties.

Just me who thinks this could be Eden Hazards last season at the club? Would thrive in a much more attacking side and wouldn't suprise me if he has had enough with all these defensive duties.

Well he might as well buck up and have a stellar season in that case because the way he is playing atm, the Spanish giants will not touch him

I do agree that the attacking players look frustrated though. Our play in the final third has looked sluggish ever since the 5-3 defeat to Spurs on New Years when Mourinho decided to tighten things up

Matic' chelsea career is done isn't it? Read what Jose said about Matic after the match, it might be truth but looked very harsh, that too after subbing him out after coming in as a sub in just 20 mins.

Re Fabregas, he is playing top flight football since 16, just like Rooney and Rooney is already done. It's obvious Rooney has declined as he has played for so long, same problem with Fabregas?

His Chelsea career certainly isn't 'done', and it wasn't harsh IMO. Apart from the referee bulls**t it was actually nice to hear Jose speak honestly for once. Matic was one of our 'star' players last season and this season he's been terrible. Obviously people will criticise Mourinho's decision to take him off but the substitution made perfect sense. We were losing and needed to score, so what does Jose do? He takes of our defensive-minded CM and replaces him with a striker, there's nothing wrong with that.

His Chelsea career certainly isn't 'done', and it wasn't harsh IMO. Apart from the referee bulls**t it was actually nice to hear Jose speak honestly for once. Matic was one of our 'star' players last season and this season he's been terrible. Obviously people will criticise Mourinho's decision to take him off but the substitution made perfect sense. We were losing and needed to score, so what does Jose do? He takes of our defensive-minded CM and replaces him with a striker, there's nothing wrong with that.

Putting him on and then taking him off smacks of not know what to do. Throwing him under the bus when Ivanovic has been ******* terrible for a year is bad management. Once again Ivanovic was tortured all game

Who do you guys reckon we can get that will be available in the January transfer window? We have gotten influential players in that period before ... Matic being the most recent ironically

The only reason Ivanovic is still playing is because Mourinho doesn't think Baba is ready for the EPL just yet

Putting him on and then taking him off smacks of not know what to do. Throwing him under the bus when Ivanovic has been ******* terrible for a year is bad management. Once again Ivanovic was tortured all game

That's the thing though Mourinho doesn't know what to do at the moment. What can he do when so many players are out of form and aren't performing? Week in and week out there's at least seven starting players that don't even look bothered. It's pathetic.

That's the thing though Mourinho doesn't know what to do at the moment. What can he do when so many players are out of form and aren't performing? Week in and week out there's at least seven starting players that don't even look bothered. It's pathetic.

And why are they not bothered? Can say a lot of that will come down to his management style and losing the edge of the dressing room.

Tacticall he has been pretty poor too. His combative style isn't winning the players, they are playing like they are slightly tired of it. Picking fights left right and centre is not a good thing to do, especially when one of your targets is a very popular staff member who had done nothing wrong.

Having seen Baba for Augsburg, he is ready to replace a Brana getting torn apart every game

Last edited:
And why are they not bothered? Can say a lot of that will come down to his management style and losing the edge of the dressing room.

Tacticall he has been pretty poor too. His combative style isn't winning the players, they are playing like they are slightly tired of it. Picking fights left right and centre is not a good thing to do, especially when one of your targets is a very popular staff member who had done nothing wrong.

Having seen Baba for Augsburg, he is ready to replace a Brana getting torn apart every game

Possibly but still there's no excuse for that IMO. At least show some form of commitment. I admit you're right, some of Mourinho's tactical decisions this season have been more than frustrating but the players have to take some responsibility, it can't all be Jose's fault. However he does have to change because at the moment his attitude isn't helping, in fact he's probably adding fuel to the fire. As for Ivanovic, well you know what Chelsea fans think about him.

I was watching a video of him at Lille the other day, just because it randomly popped up on Youtube. He used to be so much more willing to go through players and directly make something happen. Whether it was a shot, a pass or whatever else. Nowadays he makes a lot of great dribbles but they're increasingly rare and very, very often vs the fullback some way from goal. In risky situations now he just tends to go for the pass to Azpi. He's gone from someone who is full of confidence to someone who plays like is scared of losing the ball.

He was young and playing in a lesser league when he was playing with such ease of course, which is why I think looking at Neymar is the best comparison. Look how Neymar has developed. Is he less cocky and more of a team player now, more mature? Yes, but he hasn't lost his confidence, his flair, his desire to beat his man. He doesn't make so many silly dribbles just for the sake of it now, he isn't so needlessly flashy but he is still just as effective. You can see it happening before your eyes with Costa at Bayern too. Then you glance back at Hazard and it's clear something isn't right.

Possibly but still there's no excuse for that IMO. At least show some form of commitment. I admit you're right, some of Mourinho's tactical decisions this season have been more than frustrating but the players have to take some responsibility, it can't all be Jose's fault. However he does have to change because at the moment his attitude isn't helping, in fact he's probably adding fuel to the fire. As for Ivanovic, well you know what Chelsea fans think about him.

Imagine you are at work. Sales are down and but otherwise the mood is good. Your boss reveals that actually, this is the worst thing in the world. Sales have to be high this year or the company is in trouble. He starts demanding that you work 12 hour days, even the creatives whose chief role is to think. Several of your best liked colleagues fall into that category, and they're looking rough a few weeks in. They just want to be allowed to do things how they're effective, but there are no exceptions. A couple of weeks later they're fired, but your boss tells you it's ok. You're all so hardworking and this is what you need to make it to the top. It's you against the world, none of your rivals can compare and none of them deserve it. But you do, and you'll fight to make sure that you make it to the top. Your pour your heart and soul into it. Finally you all make it. At times, you've had to drag yourself over the line with pure will but you've made it. The team is united, you've proven the world wrong.

Then you come back from holiday, and it starts all over again. He starts attacking popular staff members again and throwing his weight around. You realise that it wasn't a once in a decade purge and restructure, it was what you'll have to put with every. single. year. And the last staff member fired? Just doing her job in a way that he didn't like. You could be next to become the target of the witch hunt and sent packing. That he's never going to stop, that you'll have to come back to this pressure cooker, day after day.

Who do you guys reckon we can get that will be available in the January transfer window? We have gotten influential players in that period before ... Matic being the most recent ironically
Buying players isn't the answer to everything. It isn't going to solve anything. These are last season's champions.

Back