The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Does anyone know which Chelsea players are doing well out on loan?

It's impossible to keep track of them all but from what I've seen/know Baker, Christensen, Cuadrado, Houghton, Moses, Nathan and Solanke have all been performing well. Also IMO Van Ginkel's looked good at Stoke as well.

Very interesting and telling take from Cappelo playing into recent discussions that Jose not only physically but mentally runs his players down to the point they can't last more than a year and a half/ 2 years.

Everything plays into the third season problems with him.

He also highlighted missing Courtois as one of two key problems we're having, despite Begovic being outstanding in every game he's played tbf...

..... Also IMO Van Ginkel's looked good at Stoke as well.

Said it the summer I was very surprised Milan didn't look to extend his loan into this season.

Took his time to settle in Italy (and the complete dysfunction at Milan didn't help him); but the back end of the season he was really starting to show his talent.

Said it the summer I was very surprised Milan didn't look to extend his loan into this season.

Took his time to settle in Italy (and the complete dysfunction at Milan didn't help him); but the back end of the season he was really starting to show his talent.

It's a shame injuries have plagued his young career. When we signed him he was considered to be one of the best prospects coming out of the Eredivisie, he was being compared to Lampard IIRC. But unfortunately Van Ginkel injured his ACL against Swindon which kept him out for seven months. Then at Milan he suffered two separate ankle injuries, one that ruled him out for a month and the other ruled him out for two months. He deserves a chance because I'm certain that if it weren't for the injuries he'd be in a similar position to what Loftus-Cheek is in now.

Last edited:

I think they might have werent it for the injury and new coach wanting to bring players he wanted.

Tabloid speculation. Can't be bothered in all honesty. If we sack Mourinho now, we are catalysing our own downfall. Any coach we get after him unless it's Pep will be a downgrade. And no Pep will not come and he suffers from the same short-term ism that Mourinho does although in his case, it's because of how intense he is rather than simply ******* everyone off

Honestly though, let's hope Jose recognizes this and changes his behaviour. He has won so many trophies. He should genuinely be one of the elder statesmen in the league like Wenger and Van Gaal have evolved into after their own wild days when they were young managers

Also this is possibly the first time that Chelsea players have publically come out and backed the manager in such numbers during a lean run. In previous times during AVB, Scolari etc. we wouldn't see such interviews. Mourinho may act like an idiot in the press but he undeniably can unite a dressing room

Both Ivanovic and Matic pick up injuries as Serbia finally record a win in Euro 2016 qualifying - We Ain't Got No History

... Even with the reported injury it wouldn't surprise me if Jose still insisted on starting Ivanovic.

athlete-on-crutches.jpg

Ivanovic out for 3 weeks it seems. Feel sorry for thinking like this, but it's for the best.

I don't know, but Veronica Mars injected far too much botox.

who the f is 'Rory Gilmore?'

tumblr_n8a1gnWqnP1qcwyxho1_500.gif

Ah, you'll never know the magic of waking up at 1pm, rolling yourself out of bed, stumbling to the sofa with the biggest bowl of cereal you can make, collapsing into it from sheer exertion, drowning your hangover in milk and E-numbers, switching on the TV and enjoying the 3 hour wombo combo of Gilmore Girls->Veronica Mars->double Scrubs. If you had an afternoon lecture, you would force yourself to get up at the ungodly hour of 9am to do the same.

Sometimes I miss university life.

Last edited:
Back