The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Buying players isn't the answer to everything. It isn't going to solve anything. These are last season's champions.

Really because from where I am sitting, that's where the problem started. If we snagged our targets like Pogba and Stones then we would definitely not be in this slump

Imagine you are at work. Sales are down and but otherwise the mood is good. Your boss reveals that actually, this is the worst thing in the world. Sales have to be high this year or the company is in trouble. He starts demanding that you work 12 hour days, even the creatives whose chief role is to think. Several of your best liked colleagues fall into that category, and they're looking rough a few weeks in. They just want to be allowed to do things how they're effective, but there are no exceptions. A couple of weeks later they're fired, but your boss tells you it's ok. You're all so hardworking and this is what you need to make it to the top. It's you against the world, none of your rivals can compare and none of them deserve it. But you do, and you'll fight to make sure that you make it to the top. Your pour your heart and soul into it. Finally you all make it. At times, you've had to drag yourself over the line with pure will but you've made it. The team is united, you've proven the world wrong.

Then you come back from holiday, and it starts all over again. He starts attacking popular staff members again and throwing his weight around. You realise that it wasn't a once in a decade purge and restructure, it was what you'll have to put with every. single. year. And the last staff member fired? Just doing her job in a way that he didn't like. You could be next to become the target of the witch hunt and sent packing. That he's never going to stop, that you'll have to come back to this pressure cooker, day after day.

This is bang on. People for get that players are human, and such combative nature is mentally sapping. Jose can turn around, if he changes. But that means admitting he has got things wrong. And in his world, he is never wrong. Which is partly why he doesn't know what to do.

This is bang on. People for get that players are human, and such combative nature is mentally sapping. Jose can turn around, if he changes. But that means admitting he has got things wrong. And in his world, he is never wrong. Which is partly why he doesn't know what to do.

Maybe he's just not a long-term manager. Nothing wrong with that of course. It just goes to show that some managers cannot deliver year in year out at the same club for years and years. Wenger for example. And Jose would never accept being a Wenger. Not in this lifetime. So he chooses to change clubs and remain competitive and relevant (and still the best out there in my opinion), instead of being a Wenger. Not many managers can be SAF if any at all. Jose's even said that so many times.

Maybe he's just not a long-term manager. Nothing wrong with that of course. It just goes to show that some managers cannot deliver year in year out at the same club for years and years. Wenger for example. And Jose would never accept being a Wenger. Not in this lifetime. So he chooses to change clubs and remain competitive and relevant (and still the best out there in my opinion), instead of being a Wenger. Not many managers can be SAF if any at all. Jose's even said that so many times.

Indeed. And if that is the case, then Chelsea need to be ready to pull the trigger on him.

You can't just say it's "because he's just not a long term manager" with no logic behind it. Saying that Arsene Wenger cannot deliver year in year out is rediculous. He's changed the way that sports teams around the world scout players, prepare for games, train and player's lifestyle. He also single handedly paid for our training ground (with Anelka) and a £47 million stadium with a net spend -£50 million and wage bill £60-70 million lower than competitors. These are monumental achievements. Jose has won the champions league with a few great teams, however he hasn't changed football. There's an underlying reason for Chelsea's form and something can't be right in the dressing room. He isn't used to this situation and has no clue how to deal with it.

Wenger changed the way that sports teams around the world scout players, prepare for games, train and player's lifestyle.

I genuinely can't take you seriously when you come up with rubbish like this

Indeed lads let it be known that without Wenger, every sports team in the WORLD would still be stuck in the dark ages with players having pints before games, wolfing down junk at every opportunity and smoking 3 packs a day

You can't just say it's "because he's just not a long term manager" with no logic behind it. Saying that Arsene Wenger cannot deliver year in year out is rediculous. He's changed the way that sports teams around the world scout players, prepare for games, train and player's lifestyle. He also single handedly paid for our training ground (with Anelka) and a £47 million stadium with a net spend -£50 million and wage bill £60-70 million lower than competitors. These are monumental achievements. Jose has won the champions league with a few great teams, however he hasn't changed football. There's an underlying reason for Chelsea's form and something can't be right in the dressing room. He isn't used to this situation and has no clue how to deal with it.

This is monumental bollocks, to the point it's not even worth taking apart piece by piece.

I am starting to see where all this is coming from. Indeed Jose will have to fundamentally reinvent himself as a manager if he wants to create a legacy at one club. And it's definitely in his interest to do so rather than club hop. What else is there for him to achieve? He has already won major league titles everywhere and managed some of the biggest clubs. This will probably be his greatest challenge. I wonder if he is up to the task

If he manages to achieve even a decade long reign with SAF-esque trophy return and decent youth integration ... I think the majority of fans would definitely label him as the greatest manager in history

I am starting to see where all this is coming from. Indeed Jose will have to fundamentally reinvent himself as a manager if he wants to create a legacy at one club. And it's definitely in his interest to do so rather than club hop. What else is there for him to achieve? He has already won major league titles everywhere and managed some of the biggest clubs. This will probably be his greatest challenge. I wonder if he is up to the task

If he manages to achieve even a decade long reign with SAF-esque trophy return and decent youth integration ... I think the majority of fans would definitely label him as the greatest manager in history
Sir Alex is the greatest in history. He hasn't done 10% of what Sir Alex did.

damola3 if you are going to troll, at least troll properly. That was so horrendous that even the most ardent Jose supporter here (me) can't be bothered to engage with you

damola3 if you are going to troll, at least troll properly. That was so horrendous that even the most ardent Jose supporter here (me) can't be bothered to engage with you

I'm a mod on mates Twitch chat. If I saw that posted I would have banned that person just for posting utter, utter **** lol

Jose is a great manager, however Sir Alex has won 42 trophies with United alone, managed them for 27 years and changed English football. Jose has an impressive champions league record, however hasn't had the consistency at a club or shown enough to suggest that he will be as great as Sir Alex. Sir Alex has a statue, knighthood and his own stand. That is by an absolute mile the greatest of all time without contest.

Last edited:
Jose is a great manager, however Sir Alex has won 42 trophies with United alone, managed them for 27 years and changed English football. Jose has an impressive champions league record, however hasn't had the consistency at a club or shown enough to suggest that he will be as great as Sir Alex. Sir Alex has a statue, knighthood and his own stand. That is by an absolute mile the greatest of all time without contest.

You do realise football existed before 1992 right?

Bob Paisley. 20 trophy's in NINE years. Until Ancelotti and Madrid's 10th, he was the ONLY manager/ coach to win three European Cups. It took Ferguson 15 years at Utd to surpass the number of titles/ trophys Paisley won in 9 years. And he finished 1 European trophy ahead of him. Through 18 more years. With FAR greater resources at his disposal.

Just about the hardest thing to do in football is take over from an absolute living legend at a club. (Just ask Moyes.). Paisley not only bettered Shankly's time, he rebuilt his side. Twice, In 9 short years to unparalleled success.

And this isn't ANY sort of knock on Sir Alex before any heated Utd fan jumps in. His record, not only at Utd but up in Scotland, is phenomenal and deserves all the respect going.

It's just a response to damola's usual cut and dried b/s without looking into his numbers.

Paisley and Ferguson are up there on a plateau of their own when it comes to football managers/ coaches. Particularly in England.

'Without contest' ..... sighs.

But then after reading the absolute bunkum on Wenger you've posted today nothing will surprise me with the response you'll shoot back as you can't not help shouting the loudest.

Whose grand idea was it to send Bamford on loan to Crystal Palace btw? He really isn't going to see minutes behind the likes of Wilfried Zaha, Yannick Bolasie, Dwight Gayle and Fraizer Campbell. Waste of a promising loan

Perhaps GC can shed more light on what role Bamford is expected to play?

Whose grand idea was it to send Bamford on loan to Crystal Palace btw? He really isn't going to see minutes behind the likes of Wilfried Zaha, Yannick Bolasie, Dwight Gayle and Fraizer Campbell. Waste of a promising loan

Probably the same genious who decided Napoli is a good destination for Chalobah.

We did it before they signed strikers iirc. He was meant to be 2nd/3rd choice.

Back