The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Ah well, Harzard out for 80 mil to Madrid then Chelsea can got for Greizmann and Reus Then Bale / Ronaldo to United and everyone is a winner ;)

I'd take Reus and Griezmann for Hazard. My opinion of Hazard is still the same, despite he's been **** for 3 months now, but that's a trade I would make.

We're getting there, but it really doesn't seem like anything has changed. Same problems as before, Mourinho still agitating in the post game. Even if results pick up, I'm not especially excited about the immediate future. Again, we'll wait until the end of the season but it appears Jose plans to tackle this issue the same way he does pretty much everything else: by grinding it out.

Compare that to the Ancelotti years, to the 3 amigos, even AVB and it's just dull. Sure we didn't always win then, but at least games were enjoyable.

Last edited:
We're getting there, but it really doesn't seem like anything has changed. Same problems as before, Mourinho still agitating in the post game. Even if results pick up, I'm not especially excited about the immediate future. Again, we'll wait until the end of the season but it appears Jose plans to tackle this issue the same way he does pretty much everything else: by grinding it out.

Compare that to the Ancelotti years, to the 3 amigos, even AVB and it's just dull. Sure we didn't always win then, but at least games were enjoyable.

The players must be exhausted with him spoiling for a fight all the time.

And that is reflected in the players. They look so weary. Even Hazard.

Especially Hazard. He always comes off as a joker with a serious side, so I imagine being in this constant siege mentality must be incredibly draining for him.

Yeah well we never won then. If I remember correctly, we were on the verge of getting knocked out of CL and out of Top 4 under AVB. We did get knocked out of CL and out of Top 4 with the three amigos

I might get bored shitless for 90 minutes but I rather have that and be happy for the rest of the week with a win rather than play exhilarating football under AVB and get our arses kicked

Of course now Jose is both boring me and losing at the same time so yes

Yeah well we never won then. If I remember correctly, we were on the verge of getting knocked out of CL and out of Top 4 under AVB. We did get knocked out of CL and out of Top 4 with the three amigos

I might get bored shitless for 90 minutes but I rather have that and be happy for the rest of the week with a win rather than play exhilarating football under AVB and get our arses kicked

Of course now Jose is both boring me and losing at the same time so yes

Which is fair enough. Personally, it doesn't work for me. I liked his original Chelsea side and his Madrid one (most of the time). They were both enjoyable to watch, but there's something missing here.

Which is fair enough. Personally, it doesn't work for me. I liked his original Chelsea side and his Madrid one (most of the time). They were both enjoyable to watch, but there's something missing here.

Maybe or maybe not. We still won 2 trophies last season. I am all for criticizing Jose for his off-field behaviour but I hope the fan base don't evolve into WHU fans who sacked a perfectly decent manager (Alladryce) because he didn't play nice football. Now they are in for a roller coaster season with Bilic and we will see at the end of the season, how much they are enjoying it

Sighs can't believe that some people are still raising the KDB issue and trying to pin the blame onto the club. It really is nobody's fault. KDB wanted to have guarenteed minutes on the pitch which was always going to be hard at Chelsea with the players we had, even Mata couldn't get on the pitch and he was double player of the year FFS

Club sold him to Wolfsburg for a healthy sum. KDB played every minute at Wolfsburg and developed tremendously. Even Jose admits that KDB would never have reached the level he has unless he played 40-50 games in the season which Chelsea couldn't give him. Everyone in the Chelsea hierarchy knew what KDB was capable of which is why there was reluctance to let him go and why he was brought back to Chelsea in the first place

Even KDB himself admits he was impatient at Chelsea but obviously most news outlets conveniently cut out that quote to generate controversy and some fans blindly follow

Kevin de Bruyne: Man City ace says Mourinho snubbed him at Chelsea but he's a different player now - Manchester Evening News

Really wish people would stop going on about KDB. Not only is it getting old but most of the stuff coming out is wildly inaccurate

I am pretty sure neither the club or KDB regret the move. Easy to look back at it in hindsight and go 'har had Jose you lost a £60m player' but it was the right move for both parties at the time

Back