The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Didn't he do it in his first season, but end up trophyless in second which led to sack?

Yep. Ancelotti was sacked in his second season after finishing second in the PL, getting knocked out in the quarter-finals of the the CL, getting knocked out in the fourth round of the FA Cup and getting knocked out in the third round of the League Cup (We also lost the Community Shield that season). IIRC he was sacked either in the tunnel or a couple of hours after our last game of the season against Everton.

I don't know. I don't really care

I just don't understand how a team that were champions last season are looking so **** now. Who do you even blame? Jose? The players? The board for fuckkng up the transfer window?

If we sack Jose, it will take a while for me to start watching Chelsea again. This is the lowest I have been in all my years supporting the club. Nothing seems to be working at all

I feel your pain man.

Having just come out of 15 months of utter ***** that left most every match going fan at our lowest ever ebb, I'm even more relieved we've swiftly moved and taken Klopp off the market with your situation worsening by the game.

I just don't understand how a team that were champions last season are looking so **** now. Who do you even blame? Jose? The players? The board for fuckkng up the transfer window?

The referee and media. Obviously mate.

Some of those players just show no fight or passion. Cesc is one example I mean does he really care about chelsea fc? Doubt it.

You realise you're talking about the guy who was Arsenal captain and loved that club a few years ago, right?

You've had plenty of success without Mourinho for 10 years. I don't know where this idea that he's irreplaceable, is coming from.

Lets face it, this is not some short term drop of form. Its almost ******* November. 3 more games and its 1/3 of the season. Your next games are Liverpool at home, Stoke away, Norwich at home, then Spurs away. You'll be lucky to get 3 points of out that, the way you're playing.

The title defense is already gone. Whatever is going on in the club, its time to rip it like a bandaid before CL spot is gone as well.

You've had plenty of success without Mourinho for 10 years. I don't know where this idea that he's irreplaceable, is coming from.

Lets face it, this is not some short term drop of form. Its almost ******* November. 3 more games and its 1/3 of the season. Your next games are Liverpool at home, Stoke away, Norwich at home, then Spurs away. You'll be lucky to get 3 points of out that, the way you're playing.

The title defense is already gone. Whatever is going on in the club, its time to rip it like a bandaid before CL spot is gone as well.

Mourinho is not irreplaceable but is there anyone better we can replace him with? If you can name one manager who is as good as him and who we will definitely get then I am all for sacking him

..... If you can name one manager who is as good as him and who we will definitely get then I am all for sacking him

Therein lies the problem going forward (potentially) for Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Utd.

With Klopp off the market, and let's for arguments sake say Carletto back home in Milan (whom I have little doubt will offer him major money both in salary and a transfer kitty to rebuild this summer); there's little out there at all.

We've Wenger openly talking about retirement for the first time the next few years. Your situation unbelievably worsening by the week with Jose. Van Gaal adamant he's only doing another year at most. And Pelegrini under enormous pressure to win back the league and go deep in the Champions league. If not win that too.

So if Ancelotti's off the market too (or even if he's in play), that potentially leaves upto 4 big English clubs scrambling round for a top coach with nottin' out there. No certainty Pep's leaving Bayern. Is mega stupid money thrown his and their way? Emre? Personally don't think he's near ready for a major club gig. Not least a foreign one to him. Hiddink? Getting on but proven.

Very small pickings that will be madly fought over. Very strange yet real comforting to be sat here with arguably the stablest managerial situation of the big 5 going forward.

Maybe someone goes for Rodgers being as the narrative is being rewritten on him in some quarters now. :P.

Then again, Klopp is not a better option than Mourinho. It's extremely arguable that Ancelloti is either considering his league record. The only thing that is preventing Mourinho from being successful as a dynasty is his confrontational style of leadership and his lack of faith in youth players

These are things that he has to resolve and very soon. I am happy that we are going through this terrible run because it's only adversity which forces a man to confront his faults and change them. I hope Mourinho realises the error of his ways and does the same. People think Mourinho isn't afraid of the sack because he will just go to PSG. But what they don't realise is that he is also desperate to stay at Chelsea for the long-term. His family loves London. His daughter is studying full time here. He also enjoys London and the EPL. I hope he can rectify his faults and lead us out of this slump

Also despite what I said yesterday in the heat of the moment, I doubt Mourinho will be sacked. The pay-off is huge and we are only 10 games into the season. Even the board realises the importance of stability and lack of better options out there

I was more thinking on the summer and the dirth of options that are out there to possibly more than one big English club looking for a new manager.

Anyways, Mourinho will probably see out the season and probably won't be sacked unless he fails to reach Top 4 or ***** up massively off the pitch. More than anything though, I hope this season forced Mourinho to change himself as a manager. Him and the club will be much better off for it because there is honestly no better manager out there

As a fan base, if we really want stability then we just have to learn to support the club and manager through all periods. Some seasons will be great. Some will be bad but if Mourinho stays and changes his leadership style, I am confident there will be more good seasons than bad in the long run

I was more thinking on the summer and the dirth of options that are out there to possibly more than one big English club looking for a new manager.

I am not so sure. Ancelloti will be in play. Guardiola likely to be available. Diego Simeone could be tempted. Even slightly left-field options like Unai Emery are worth a shout considering what they have achieved with limited resources. It's not as dire as you think

As a fan base, if we really want stability then we just have to learn to support the club and manager through all periods. Some seasons will be great. Some will be bad but if Mourinho stays and changes his leadership style, I am confident there will be more good seasons than bad in the long run

Absolutely.

Abramovich and what he may or not do on impulse is one thing.

But listening to and reading Chelsea fans on TV/ Radio stations and around the 'net calling for Mourinho to go (although I always take most of that with a pinch of salt as the opinion of the regular match going fan is often wholly different) after all he's done for that club beggars belief.

Last edited:
I am not so sure. Ancelloti will be in play. Guardiola likely to be available. Diego Simeone could be tempted. Even slightly left-field options like Unai Emery are worth a shout considering what they have achieved with limited resources. It's not as dire as you think

Lot of 'if's' there mate. And again definitely throw Milan and their pull on Carlo in there once he's fully healthy again.

It' a small pond that's decreased massively again if both Klopp and Ancelotti are out of it.

Be an interesting next few summers managerial wise at some big clubs.

Absolutely.

Abramovich and what he may or not do on impulse is one thing.

But listening and reading Chelsea fans on TV/ Radio stations and around the 'net calling for Mourinho to go (although I always take most of that with a pinch of salt as the opinion of the regular match going fan is often wholly different) after all he's done for that club beggars belief.

Indeed. Sacking a manager has always been a convenient option which has prevented Chelsea from being more successfull than they could have been. There is absolutely no benefit to sacking Mourinho. Fans will be calling for the next managers head as soon as we hit a period of bad form. It can't keep going on like this

Also while off the field events and results are not inexcusable, this run isn't solely Mourinho's fault either. Majority of key players from last season returned horrifically off form or overweight and unfit (eg. costa, hazard and Fabregas). Board failed to land Mourinho's targets in the summer

... Although I always take most of that with a pinch of salt as the opinion of the regular match going fan is often wholly different.

Yep. The majority of Chelsea fans I've spoken to at the Bridge are obviously disappointed with the teams performances this season, but believe that sacking Mourinho would be the wrong option.

Yep. The majority of Chelsea fans I've spoken to at the Bridge are obviously disappointed with the teams performances this season, but believe that sacking Mourinho would be the wrong option.

How bad or not was it yesterday la?

I was down at Shrewsbury of all places (taking advantage of a free Saturday to add to the ongoing '92 club' thing. New ground number 72 of the current English pro leagues ones ticked off the list ha ha); so heard and have seen nottin' of it.

How bad or not was it yesterday la?

I was down at Shrewsbury of all places (taking advantage of a free Saturday to add to the ongoing '92 club' thing. New ground number 72 of the current English pro leagues ones ticked off the list ha ha); so heard and have seen nottin' of it.

Unfortunately I couldn't go to the game yesterday, but most of my friends who went were obviously disappointed/frustrated with the loss but happy with the teams performance in general. We actually played well and certainly didn't deserve to lose IMO. Even with the sending off we controlled the game, but West Ham (Especially Payet) always looked dangerous on the counter, and if it weren't for two moments of sloppy defending we would've probably won the game. It just seemed to be one of those games where everything went against us. On another day Zouma's header goes over the line, Fabregas' goal isn't disallowed for offside and Matic isn't sent off.

Last edited:
We'll probably beat Liverpool and then lose another 3-4, till Christmas.
If Jose doesn't change this victim/everyone is against us mentality, he should go. I would love nothing more than to have him till the day he retires, but not like this. This is not football anymore, this is a ******* soap opera, and a ****** one too.

Back