The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
This is what you call a pretty ****** day.

Gonna' be freaking hilarious to see him let rip o everyone if he does get canned.

Honestly, at this point I wonder if he can even land another top job after this.

He made huge mess out of things in his last two jobs, and big clubs are becoming very self-conscious about their brand. Trophies are nice, but nobody wants an ******* as the face of the club. I'm sure he'll land somewhere nice, but I have my doubts if its another elite job.

If we assume Mourinho does get sacked within the coming weeks, who here thinks he'll ever return for a third stint?

Honestly, at this point I wonder if he can even land another top job after this.

He made huge mess out of things in his last two jobs, and big clubs are becoming very self-conscious about their brand. Trophies are nice, but nobody wants an ******* as the face of the club. I'm sure he'll land somewhere nice, but I have my doubts if its another elite job.

I agree. He'll find it easy to get work again but I doubt he'll be offered another top job without more heroics.
It's been 5 years since his Treble winning season at Inter. Nearly half his career ago... so his "I'm a special one" status is starting to loose it's merit. He's still an exceptional coach, but his record shows he's declined from the status he had 10 years ago.

I agree. He'll find it easy to get work again but I doubt he'll be offered another top job without more heroics.
It's been 5 years since his Treble winning season at Inter. Nearly half his career ago... so his "I'm a special one" status is starting to loose it's merit. He's still an exceptional coach, but his record shows he's declined from the status he had 10 years ago.

A big factor is probably that he hasn't really encountered any real tough periods or adversity until now. I believe he even said himself that he'd preferred if this period of his management career came earlier. Right now he seems incapable of dealing with it, simply because he's not used to it. And not being able to deal with it is actually a pretty huge weakness.

Yeah, that's a good point too. After Inter, it seemed inevitable that within a decade he will be universally accepted as the best manager in history. He was the man you wanted if you had an impossible job to pull off.

The last 5 years really put a dent in that reputation. Yeah, 2 league titles in 5 years is still a decent record, but its also a record a lot of managers could comfortably pull off if they had similar players and resources. And poking people in the eyes, firing doctors and fighting imaginary wars with French pensioners casts a shadow of doubt on all of it.

Just looking at the proggi from Sat'day, and there's not a single word in the managers notes about the opposition. Not even something as simple as 'we welcome L'pool FC and their fans to the Bridge today.' But he does take time to welcome the Royal British Legion.

I honestly can't remember that ever happening from any opposing manager in his notes.

He really is a conceited *****.

Just looking at the proggi from Sat'day, and there's not a single word in the managers notes about the opposition. Not even something as simple as 'we welcome L'pool FC and their fans to the Bridge today.' But he does take time to welcome the Royal British Legion.

I honestly can't remember that ever happening from any opposing manager in his notes.

He really is a conceited *****.

I'd take the manager's notes with the tiniest pinch of salt. I doubt that many managers, let alone in the top six, really take the time to carefully acknowledge the opposition among them.

It's most definitely touched up heavily by the editorial team after getting the gist of what they want.

I'd take the manager's notes with the tiniest pinch of salt. I doubt that many managers, let alone in the top six, really take the time to carefully acknowledge the opposition among them.

It's most definitely touched up heavily by the editorial team after getting the gist of what they want.

Oh, without question they're often fluff pieces.

Just honestly rarely if ever have I not seen the opposition acknowledged.

On the positive note, Lampard was excellent on MNF. Actually managed to say plenty of interesting stuff while staying dimplomatic and not ******** on anyone. Would be great to see him go into punditry when he's done playing.

I agree. Don't blame the dog that bites, blame the owner for allowing it.

Its not that

This season has been going off the rails since the summer. Transfer targets not secured at all. Players returning back overweight. A rushed pre-season schedule. Unnecessary jibes at managers like Benitez who helped us out of a tough situation

Most Chelsea fans had an inkling that things wouldn't start perfectly but no one could have predicted it would be so bad

Just wondering what has happened to the gey who was with Eva when they helped Hazard on the pitch? Did he also decided to leave the club and sue? Or he is just helping with training now and not match days?

He got benched, but unlike Eva was not demoted, which is why Eva is suing, she was treated more harshly for no reason. He finally returned after 3 weeks. He would also have a case too, tbh.

Its not that

This season has been going off the rails since the summer. Transfer targets not secured at all. Players returning back overweight. A rushed pre-season schedule. Unnecessary jibes at managers like Benitez who helped us out of a tough situation

Most Chelsea fans had an inkling that things wouldn't start perfectly but no one could have predicted it would be so bad

In his desire to maintain control, jose actually lost control more than ever before.

The funniest (or maybe saddest) thing about it all is that if it was just bad results, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the fanbase would still be behind him and the insane rumour mill wouldn't be running at anywhere close to this level. It's the things he's done off the pitch that have doomed him.

The funniest (or maybe saddest) thing about it all is that if it was just bad results, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the fanbase would still be behind him and the insane rumour mill wouldn't be running at anywhere close to this level. It's the things he's done off the pitch that have doomed him.

Its poetic justice man. He doomed himself with the very thing everyone considered his greatest weapon.

Its poetic justice man. He doomed himself with the very thing everyone considered his greatest weapon.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. You cannot be this combative without it coming back at you one day.

This ^^

Majority of the fan base is still behind him. The fans who are calling for his head are doing it mainly for off-the-field reasons more than anything else. If Jose wants to remain at any club long, he has to fundamentally reinvent himself as a manager

Other on the field issues have ****** me off though. Such as not giving youth a chance. Continuously trying to grind out results when it isn't working. But those are things I could have lived with

Rather prickly presser from Jose. Still hasn't improved. Honestly the best thing now would be just to show some humility

Majority of the fan base is still behind him.

That's because you lot have unhealthy obsession about him that's borderline homoerotic. Not that there's anything wrong with that. After all, he really is the best manager you ever had.

But if it was any other club, he'd out on his *** weeks ago.

Back