The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Anyone else remember the Ancelotti days, when we would get a goal then not try and defend it for the rest of the game but *gasp* score more?

That's a bit unfair to Mourinho, isn't it?

I mean, now you find the style unappealing? This is what he does. None of you had a problem with defensive style as long as results were coming.

I mean, now you find the style unappealing? This is what he does. None of you had a problem with defensive style as long as results were coming.

It's not a coincidence that we had our best run of results under Mourinho when he allowed the team to play with more freedom. He reverted to a defensive style in 2015 and we have 17 wins in 30 PL games since which is mid-table form

Willian has been a superstar this season. Such a pity he hits top form right when everyone else goes to ****. Would be an absolute treat to see both on-form Willian and Hazard play together

It's not a coincidence that we had our best run of results under Mourinho when he allowed the team to play with more freedom. He reverted to a defensive style in 2015 and we have 17 wins in 30 PL games since which is mid-table form

The moment he shackled Hazard you started struggling, and worse, Hazard hasn't looked like getting back to his brilliant self.

The moment he shackled Hazard you started struggling, and worse, Hazard hasn't looked like getting back to his brilliant self.

Funny you mention that because look at the game now, Hazard is playing with freedom and suddenly the team is starting to play like we did at the start of last season

The last 10 minutes was excellent. And Hazard was not being shacked and allowed to play with freedom. Coincidence? I think not

The last 10 minutes was excellent. And Hazard was not being shacked and allowed to play with freedom. Coincidence? I think not

Hazard should always be given a complete free role. Then you build around him, build a style that uses him when great, and can bypass him when he struggles. Any system like that will put you in the top 2

Pretty sure I've been ******** about it for the last couple of years, bar that brief 3 month period where Fabregas and Costa were tearing it up. I mean, I bitched when we won the league :D

Last 10 minutes showed how good this team is if played in the proper way. Sadly I don't think Mourinho got the memo. We will probably see more of the same at Stoke

Last 10 minutes showed how good this team is if played in the proper way. Sadly I don't think Mourinho got the memo. We will probably see more of the same at Stoke

You never know man, you never know. Maybe this will be the kick up the **** he needs.

Seriously... What the f**k has Willian been eating?! He'll be giving Calhanoglu a run for his money soon.

Pretty sure I've been ******** about it for the last couple of years, bar that brief 3 month period where Fabregas and Costa were tearing it up. I mean, I bitched when we won the league :D

Yeah tbf, you been ******** since they sold Mata, so no one can accuse you of jumping on the band wagon about playing style

Yeah tbf, you been ******** since they sold Mata, so no one can accuse you of jumping on the band wagon about playing style

He threw away the title and sold my favourite player and did it to United. It still hurts.

Also, can I just say thanks to you guys for actually helping to keep this a place to talk about the club without complete fanaticism taking over everything? We might moan a little bit too much sometimes, but it's nice to actually be able to talk about the club, the game, the players, the highs, the lows, everything without people demanding you stick to the dominant circlejerk of the time. It's much more like a good chat down the pub than the cult meetings that other sites offer.

Also, can I just say thanks to you guys for actually helping to keep this a place to talk about the club without complete fanaticism taking over everything? We might moan a little bit too much sometimes, but it's nice to actually be able to talk about the club, the game, the players, the highs, the lows, everything without people demanding you stick to the dominant circlejerk of the time. It's much more like a good chat down the pub than the cult meetings that other sites offer.

I take it you are referring to WAGHN?

WAGNH is pretty bad but places like /r/chelsea are worse. /r/soccer is a cesspool too but that's because the majority of people there are Arsenal fans, so it kinda makes sense.

The feels bro, the feels...

[video=youtube;FwXD0hCvtX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwXD0hCvtX4[/video]

;)

WAGHN is not so bad. I mean, the articles are drooling with sweat licked off Ambramovich's balls, but the comment section (from little that I've seen) is fairly moderate.

WAGNH is pretty bad but places like /r/chelsea are worse. /r/soccer is a cesspool too but that's because the majority of people there are Arsenal fans, so it kinda makes sense.

Wouldnt know much of those other places. I only frequent WAGHN and here for my football fix

Also to those of you who think I am a Mourinho fanboy, you really haven't seen the clowns on WAGHN yet

Back