The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
WAGHN is not so bad. I mean, the articles are drooling with sweat licked off Ambramovich's balls, but the comment section (from little that I've seen) is fairly moderate.

Some posters are good but as Subtle said, a dominant narrative rages on over there that you can get suckered into if you try and present a dissenting view

Some posters are good but as Subtle said, a dominant narrative rages on over there that you can get suckered into if you try and present a dissenting view

The good thing with WAGNH though, is that there's no downvoting system. So if you say something people don't like, it just won't go blue. If there are two opposing opinions, they can both go blue without any issue, which is a huge improvement other reddit where the second a narrative takes over, everyone on the other side drowns in downvotes.

I doubt it'll happen, but I hope Mourinho sticks with Dave and Baba in the fullback positions against Stoke.

The good thing with WAGNH though, is that there's no downvoting system. So if you say something people don't like, it just won't go blue. If there are two opposing opinions, they can both go blue without any issue, which is a huge improvement other reddit where the second a narrative takes over, everyone on the other side drowns in downvotes.

Reddit's downvoting system is excellent as long as subreddits are small. Just need to stay clear from default subreddits and look for small communities interested in different stuff.

As soon as any place hits certain threshold of subscribers, it goes immidiately to ****. R/soccer was pretty great initially, but now its all about fighting downvote wars for your club and posting pictures of Pirlo's beard.

I doubt it'll happen, but I hope Mourinho sticks with Dave and Baba in the fullback positions against Stoke.

Doing so would effectively be admitting he was wrong and I think it would be a big step towards restoring faith from the fans. I think what lots of people forget is that we want to him to succeed so badly, we just need to see those signs of life.

Reddit's downvoting system is excellent as long as subreddits are small. Just need to stay clear from default subreddits and look for small communities interested in different stuff.

As soon as any place hits certain threshold of subscribers, it goes immidiately to ****. R/soccer was pretty great initially, but now its all about fighting downvote wars for your club and posting pictures of Pirlo's beard.

Yeah, I have modded a few small subreddits before. I was very heavily involved in /r/dota back in the beta but, as you say, it hit a critical mass and it was like someone had performed a mass lobotomy. The only way to stop it is with heavy moderation sadly.

One of the reasons Mourinho hasn't been sacked yet aside from the 'need for stability' argument is probably because the hierarchy also knows they ****** up and shoulder some of the blame

They didn't secure his targets in the summer. Thought we could stroll to the league again with the same squad despite the fact that our deficiencies were clear as daylight last season. It is definitely disappointing to see after our efficiency in securing Fabregas and Costa the summer before

We should definitely be doing better with the squad we have and that's on Mourinho and the players but I can't help but wonder how we would be doing if we had actually secured our targets in the summer. It's going to be doubly hard next summer when we aren't EPL champions anymore so there is that

Well if a few media rumours are to be believed Jose let the board know he wanted to sign Bale,Isco, Varane and John Stones which they refused.

So the report from the reliable beat guy he's gone Sunday ..... you all still concerned there's a good chance of that?

So the report from the reliable beat guy he's gone Sunday ..... you all still concerned there's a good chance of that?

Depends on how he acts and what the result is. If we win, they won't sack him. If we lose and he takes it on the chin, then I think still being in control of our own destiny in the CL will keep him here.

Nope. But I've never thought the situation was as bad as the media would have you believe. I think the minimum he'll be given is until the end of December.

Well, FWIW, I hope he stays a long time given Klopp's completely got his number over 5 games. :D.

That's at least 200m. Unrealistic.

I'm sure he didn't actually think he could bring all of those players to the club in one window those were just his main targets but the board wouldn't back him. At the end of the day aswell wether those targets were realistic or not the board didn't believe we needed to strengthen the squad which has ended up being the wrong move.

I'm sure he didn't actually think he could bring all of those players to the club in one window those were just his main targets but the board wouldn't back him. At the end of the day aswell wether those targets were realistic or not the board didn't believe we needed to strengthen the squad which has ended up being the wrong move.

It was wrong, without a doubt. Jose was trying to aim high, but no matter how much you try, you can't shoot the Sun. Real was never going to let go of 2-3 first team players of that caliber. This year was the Rooney saga, part two. Hope it won't turn out to be a trilogy.

From what I gathered, Jose's main targets were Stones, Griezzmann and Pogba. Only Pogba is really a fanciful notion out of those 3. Griezmann didn't want to move and board completely ****** up chase for Stones and Pogba

If anything, this season should be a lesson to other clubs. No matter how many trophies you win last season, you have to continuously improve and cannot afford to rest on your laurels

Predictably, Dan Levene has backtracked on his earlier story of Mourinho getting the sack

Griezmann didn't want to move and board completely ****** up chase for Stones and Pogba

Chelsea never had a chance of getting Stones anyway mate. He loves Everton too much. After all the transfer request did fall out of his pocket..

Back