The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Yeah while it couldn't have happened to a nicer manager, I like the chelsea fans on here (yes Alcaraz, you too!). Not convinced they deserve it, but you live by the sword, die by the sword. Be amazed if he makes it till the end of the season, truly

That was one of the better performances too, to be honest

I'm biting my lip at that and just smiling and nodding as I don't mind most the Chelsea fans on these here boards.

Some things are best left unsaid in certain company.

That's what I said club. I have no problem with Chelsea fans at all. Many of the players they have and had, I consider some of the most respectable professionals in the game over last 10 years. Far as I'm concerned, if you actually disliked Cech or Lamps or Drogba, you're not a real football fan. I'm also one of those people who love defensive teams, so I always had a blast watching them park the bus.

But as a club, I really can't stand them. The whole culture they created in post-Roman era represents everything that's wrong with modern football.

This weekend is the perfect opportunity for Abramovich to put his money where is mouth is. Does he really want stability and longterm approach, or is he still the same trigger happy billionaire. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Being a Man United fan, I've been having the weirdest feeling about Chelsea.
Used to feel a whole lot of dislike but with grudging respect.
Now I simply have to emphatize and sympathize with them; this is like United under Moyes all over again.

Which is also super weird because this is Jose ******' Mourinho. When SAF was retiring Jose was one of my favorite candidate.

When this is all over I really would love to read / watch an exhaustive post-mortem research on why this could happen to a team brimming over with quality players.

So. According to my very lazy research, the average amount of points to get top 4 is ~70 points. You're currently at 11 points with 26 games to go. To even challenge the top 4 you'd need 75% win rate for the rest of the season, while only ~80% win rate would guarantee that you actually make it.

In other words, its gone.

The best I've seen. Strangely enough, without Mourinho on the bench.

Was also certainly the best Eden Hazard has performed in the league this season too. Again without Jose there holding him back you could argue.

Hazard finally looked like he showed up for the match. Too bad it was against sexy, sexy Stoke. I think Stoke are going to take a lot of points away from the top 4 contenders from here.

Early to write off Chelsea for top 4. They are improving in performance when that happens it only takes 1 game where they click to get confidence back. Had they played like Moyes ManUtd then not a chance in **** they would make top 4 but they are doing well. Even against Stoke Chelsea were better team and should have had penalty. Lot of positives for Chelsea to take at least wrt to performance. IMO they lack some luck in the final third.

PL is lot harder this season and all the teams will drop silly points. Midtable and lower table teams are stronger than before, which means there are no easy games.

Early to write off Chelsea for top 4. They are improving in performance when that happens it only takes 1 game where they click to get confidence back.

They could, but it wouldn't matter. The sheer amount of points they are missing is too high. Top 4 is only theoretical possibility at this point.

Hey guys, what do you consider Diego Costa's role in real life and in FM?

1) first 6 months 2014/2015 season? Advanced Forward?

2) the remaining 6 months where Chelsea mostly defended? Defensive Forward?

3) Best role for him in a 433 formation with the basic cheslea squad

Thnaks

Let's see what happens. I suspect we will need to bring in a few players in January. Not because our squad needs strengthening to get Top 4 but just to give the entire club a bit of a boost really

Let's see what happens. I suspect we will need to bring in a few players in January. Not because our squad needs strengthening to get Top 4 but just to give the entire club a bit of a boost really

So you'd be happy for your club to spend millions on players you don't need, just for the 'feel good' factor of spending cash?
Go buy a new handbag.

So you'd be happy for your club to spend millions on players you don't need, just for the 'feel good' factor of spending cash?
Go buy a new handbag.

In 2010/11 season, our squad was underperforming massively after winning the title as well. In January, we spent £70m bringing in Torres and Luiz which energized the entire club and fan base and propelled us to second in the table and within one game of winning the title

The fact that Torres ultimately flopped is a different matter. But it shows that when you go and buy quality players in January, it can provide a boost to the entire team. If said player solves a problem in the squad then even better but as I said, the current squad is good enough for Top 4 but just looks bereft of confidence and motivation

I feel like people are too harsh on the mentality of this team. We've been spoilt by the previous generation, who just had an iron will that was completely absurd when you actually think about it. You only need to look at the 2012 CL final to see that. People are asking: "where's the next Terry, Lampard, Drogba?" but you have to realise that that type of player is exceptionally rare. Having three of them at once, at their peaks, in one team is something that we're unlikely to see again for a very long time.

I feel like people are too harsh on the mentality of this team. We've been spoilt by the previous generation, who just had an iron will that was completely absurd when you actually think about it. You only need to look at the 2012 CL final to see that. People are asking: "where's the next Terry, Lampard, Drogba?" but you have to realise that that type of player is exceptionally rare. Having three of them at once, at their peaks, in one team is something that we're unlikely to see again for a very long time.

No one is asking them to be that calibre though. What probably upsets fans is that even basic professionalism hasn't been maintained within the team

Key players such as Hazard, Costa and Fabregas all returning overweight to pre-season training. Hazard mischievously liking posts on Instagram linking him with a move away when the team is in a slump and how form is ****

Yes Mourinho should shoulder a lot of the blame. But I'll say it once again, his players have let him down as well

No one is asking them to be that calibre though. What probably upsets fans is that even basic professionalism hasn't been maintained within the team

Key players such as Hazard, Costa and Fabregas all returning overweight to pre-season training. Hazard mischievously liking posts on Instagram linking him with a move away when the team is in a slump and how form is ****

Yes Mourinho should shoulder a lot of the blame. But I'll say it once again, his players have let him down as well

Outside of here, people are calling them soft, saying we should gut the squad and get in some real characters, that we need leaders on the pitch etc etc.

Next Terry, Lampard, Drogba? Us poor ManUtd fans are still waiting for Next Roy Keane :(

Agreed though, many think it's easy to find next XYZ easily. If they can be replaced so easily they wouldn't be so special players.

Back