The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
I feel like people are too harsh on the mentality of this team. We've been spoilt by the previous generation, who just had an iron will that was completely absurd when you actually think about it.

That's the thing, up until this season the new generation seemed to be following right in their footsteps. Perhaps losing Cech's presence in the backroom was a final straw.

Outside of here, people are calling them soft, saying we should gut the squad and get in some real characters, that we need leaders on the pitch etc etc.

Well it wouldn't be the worst idea especially if Mourinho is to remain as manager. Might as well give him a team that actually suits his style and temperament

09/10 Ancelloti Chelsea was probably the best football I ever had the privilege to witness. But 04/05 and 05/06 Chelsea teams were almost unbeatable. As soon as we scored one goal, you knew the game was over. It's a tragedy that those teams never won the CL

Ah well we got our revenge in the end causing the start of that downfall in the race for the title with the most cunty performance I have ever seen from our back up/reserve players :p

Touche. Although I wouldn't take back the memory's from that amazing night in Istanbul for the World. :).

Whatever happened to the young Czech lad Kalas who had an immense debut that day at centre half?

Touche. Although I wouldn't take back the memory's from that amazing night in Istanbul for the World. :).

Whatever happened to the young Czech lad Kalas who had an immense debut that day at centre half?

Kalas has been loaned out ever since. He had a spell in Germany at Koln where he failed to break into the side I believe before being sent to Middlesbrough where he is still playing now im sure. It's a shame he hasnt been given another chance since that game at anfield. just goes to show no matter how much talent you have and how well you perform when given a chance in the first team the odds of making it at the club still remain very slim!

lol but we got our closure by finally winning CL in 2012. For you lot, it's 25 years and counting!

Yup. We equal Utd's barren 26 year spell this year. Could never of imagined that back in 1990. But at least there's now genuine hope that could end in the coming years.

Could be worse like. Couldn't imagine going a 50 year stretch between titles ..... ;).

Kalas has been loaned out ever since. He had a spell in Germany at Koln where he failed to break into the side I believe before being sent to Middlesbrough where he is still playing now im sure. It's a shame he hasnt been given another chance since that game at anfield. just goes to show no matter how much talent you have and how well you perform when given a chance in the first team the odds of making it at the club still remain very slim!

Ta. Maybe he's just not kicked on as he should have? Outside of one terrific debut I've honestly never seen him play so who knows why it hasn't developed from there?

Kalas always looked solid when I saw him, not sure why can't break into 1st squad anywhere.

Yup. We equal Utd's barren 26 year spell this year. Could never of imagined that back in 1990. But at least there's now genuine hope that could end in the coming years.

Could be worse like. Couldn't imagine going a 50 year stretch between titles ..... ;).

Haha but no one expected us to win titles and we never considered ourselves a big club so it's fine. Liverpool on the other hand ... ;)

..... Liverpool on the other hand ... ;)

..... Own 'Jose's' trophy. The one he claims to of won all by his lonesome in 2004. HIS European Cup.

Don't know why he's so bitter. We've offered him up to spend time with 'his' trophy. Even offered him a personal guide for the day called Luis to walk him around it. But he strangely never even reply's to the invites. Same thing happens with Utd and their centre piece from their greatest ever season ..... they never want to come and visit with it at ours either.

Some guys are just grouchy. :P.

Rumours that Robben is looking for a move in January. Have to admit the prospect is intriguing. One can say he has unfinished business at Chelsea and he will definitely give the entire club a lift if he arrives in January

Looks like Papy Djibodjli is being sold. Absolutely gutted. True CFC legend. Forever in our hearts

These stories where people claim they distracted someone during pens are never believable.

Back