The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Also Willian is easily the best free-kick taker in World football at this moment . 6 FK goals is remarkable and we are not even halfway through the season yet

Wouldn't say easily, but he is right up there.

Wouldn't say easily, but he is right up there.

Perhaps but I can't remember the last time a player had already scored 6 goals from free-kicks so early in the season. Definitely the best player for Chelsea this campaign and is slowly turning into the player we knew at Shakhtar

I am all for trying new things. This season has been way to poor to stick with the old players. Which players did you have in mind mate?

In an ideal world.

Jan
- Falcao
- Mikel
+ Griezmann (direct competition for Costa, predatory goalscorer and great on the wings)
+ Player that can play both pivot roles. 8/10m squad player, no one fancy, just someone solid.

Summer
- Iva
+ Stones. Reverse Iva, CB who can play RB. This gives us more strength at the back, a good left and right back, a very attacking minded left back if we should want it and a spare RB if needed. The only problem would be that we would have 2 attacking left backs and 2 more defensive right backs but that's not the end of the world.

I know this are cliched picks but honestly they're popular for a reason.

Some slightly more out there ideas.
- JT (maybe, depending on how he does the rest of the season. This is tenuous and more a case of "if we really need the squad space)
-Oscar, depending on his season and the offers. If Juve come to us with a 35m+ offer, I think we take it at this point. I still think he can come good but he just doesn't quite fit for me.
-Pedro. I don't want this. He really should get at least 2 seasons, but the thing is he wants to start. That's why he moved to us. If we fill in the weak spot in the middle though, he has pretty much no chance of making the first 11 without injuries. I'm not sure he will be happy with that, and equally I don't think we should be happy with gimping our own potential to accommodate him. He is a great bench option, but not a starter for a club with top 5 aspirations.

I also think it might be worth giving Kennedy and Traore a shot. Atm their chances are limited because Hazard is still going to be playing 90% of games and Willian is on fire. That leaves 1 slot for them to compete with, which is generally taken by Pedro or Oscar, or Costa/Remy upfront. Getting rid of Falcao will help this somewhat but neither of those 2 has a shot at getting into the team if we keep so many options for that CAM band.

+ (in a dream world) Verratti. Matic, Verratti, Cesc is a ridiculous midfield that could compete with any other in the world on an even playing field IMO.

Last edited:
Perhaps but I can't remember the last time a player had already scored 6 goals from free-kicks so early in the season. Definitely the best player for Chelsea this campaign and is slowly turning into the player we knew at Shakhtar

At least two have been indirect free kicks. That said, he hits them deliberately to swing into the far corner. Definitely right up there though

Also Willian is easily the best free-kick taker in World football at this moment . 6 FK goals is remarkable and we are not even halfway through the season yet

I've got to put Pjanic up there with the best right now, scores free kicks so often, not sure how many he is on but last I read he had a 50% kick to goal ratio which is mental!

So apparently some of Europes top clubs are monitoring Loftus-Cheeks situation. Can remember the same being said with mceachran before he signed a long term deal. If we are going to waste his talent like josh I say let him leave for a club who will turn him into the star that he can be.

VERY rare you'll catch me saying this, but good luck today boys.

A 'Spurs defeat would be very handy indeed.

Didnt see the game. But wait what? Costa on the bench and Hazard as striker?
How was the game?

Good, we looked a lot better than have done in ages. I don't like Hazard upfront, but he made so much space for Pedro and it almost paid off.

Game was there for the taking with right subs though, and Jose did nothing until the 82nd min :-/

Good, we looked a lot better than have done in ages. I don't like Hazard upfront, but he made so much space for Pedro and it almost paid off.

Game was there for the taking with right subs though, and Jose did nothing until the 82nd min :-/

Its almost as if the plan is to stumble our way through to January without our position worsening and then hope the addition of 2-3 players can galvanize the entire club and propel us to Top 4. Although the way we are going, I suspect we will need a record-breaking second half of the season to do something like that

Also Costa is frustrating me now. He is not playing well yet is acting petulantly and unprofessionally. If he doesn't get back to form fast, he really should be sold this summer

For any chelsea fans who have not yet done so I would highly recommend reading Didier Drogbas new autobiography commitment! I am about half way through it and it has been an excellent read so far focusing on all his hard work put in to make it as a professional footballer and through the football leagues in France which earnt him his big money move to chelsea as well as his struggles of living in a different country to his parents and constantly being on the move in France as a kid.

Back