The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Silly silly points dropped in a game where we were clearly the better side and should have easily won. Its all right still early in the season. At least will get the players fired up for the next game. Roll on Liverpool.

Because Amat has stayed in there the whole game? Because Swansea's second goal should never have stood? Luck is just evening itself out.

Karma take care of the injury time non-peno too then? Defo foul on the second. Just seen that.

Terry doesn't look too clever there.

Karma take care of the injury time non-peno too then? Defo foul on the second. Just seen that.

Terry doesn't look too clever there.

Shocking performance from the referee all around but blame lies with us for not killing the game. Absolutely dominated them for 60 minutes before collectively losing our heads in a 5 minute spell. Conte was absolutely furious on the touchline. Knows we cannot afford to drop points against such teams.

Another big impact from Fabregas during his sub appearance. He really should be starting the game. Conte is turning out to be as stubborn as Jose when it comes to team selections.

Another big impact from Fabregas during his sub appearance. He really should be starting the game. Conte is turning out to be as stubborn as Jose when it comes to team selections.

Tbh these substitute appearances suit Fabregas. It's easier for him to have an impact when we're on the front foot and the opposition are tired, but credit to him.

Overall that's two points dropped. Not the best performance from Marriner, but we should've had that game won in the first-half.

Not a chance our defence keeps a clean sheet against the likes of firmino and mane on Friday.

Not a chance our defence keeps a clean sheet against the likes of firmino and mane on Friday.

I was thinking the same as I was watching it. But having said that, they'll be doing well to keep out Costa & Hazard, it could be an absolute cracker.

I was thinking the same as I was watching it. But having said that, they'll be doing well to keep out Costa & Hazard, it could be an absolute cracker.

Yeah, I think that be Mingolet done Friday. Karius will probably come in Derby, and baring a catastrophe, will stay in.

I'd of had him back in yesterday like, not just on the bench. But yer know .....

The logic of playing this workhorse midfield sort of falls apart in situations like this. When you have Hazard and Oscar as the sole creators for a team, they can push out a lot more and challenge your defence. Playing Fabregas gives them one less free man in midfield, a player that can otherwise get away with half marking Oscar or Matic, which in turns gives them another runner or passing outlet. Honestly think we'd look much better with him in the side.

Yeah, it's way too defensive of a setup. Besides, Fabregas is not Ozil, he can defend well if necessary.

If I were a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't overly look into the whole Fabregas thing if being honest, not saying he doesn't deserve to start, but it's not as if his absence cost you the 3 points, as it wasn't as if you didn't create the chances to have the game wrapped up, if the case were that you didn't create chances & were the second best team throughout, then I'd be asking the question as to why Conte wasn't starting him.

What I'd be more concerned about is how sloppy & indecisive your back four were, it's not as if they had a lot to deal with, but when they did, it was poor; two shots on target (including a penalty, so just one from open play), two goals. I had similar thoughts in the Liverpool/Burnley game, so I can't wait to see this game next weekend, could be an absolute cracker once both of these back four's get constant waves of attacks flowing at them, could replicate the Arsenal/Liverpool game on the opening Super Sunday.

If I were a Chelsea fan, I wouldn't overly look into the whole Fabregas thing if being honest, not saying he doesn't deserve to start, but it's not as if his absence cost you the 3 points, as it wasn't as if you didn't create the chances to have the game wrapped up, if the case were that you didn't create chances & were the second best team throughout, then I'd be asking the question as to why Conte wasn't starting him.

What I'd be more concerned about is how sloppy & indecisive your back four were, it's not as if they had a lot to deal with, but when they did, it was poor; two shots on target (including a penalty, so just one from open play), two goals. I had similar thoughts in the Liverpool/Burnley game, so I can't wait to see this game next weekend, could be an absolute cracker once both of these back four's get constant waves of attacks flowing at them, could replicate the Arsenal/Liverpool game on the opening Super Sunday.

We know our defence is the problem, it was last season and it is now. There's no doubting it's better, but it's certainly not great. However there's room for improvement, and as poor as our defence has been at times Man City haven't kept a clean sheet in the league. So it's still early doors yet. But the 'pool game should be a cracker though (on paper at least).

Anyway after four games we're sitting second in the league. Admittedly we should be top. But I'll definitely take that, and we actually managed to keep a clean sheet...

[video=youtube;SMWH26p9svA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWH26p9svA[/video]

P.S. Face/Off is the s**t!

I'm lucky this isn't Twitter because there is no way you can analise this match in 140 characters!

Yes we managed to rescue a point but the fact it still felt like a defeat i think shows how far we have come in such a short time. Going forward i felt we struggled to create many clear cut chances missing that final ball from Fabregas and that along with not being the best performances from Oscar, Hazard and Willian most of our shots were pot shots or blocked. However with Costa in the form he is he was a threat almost on his own today for us. Now that brings me nicely to Diego "the anti-christ" Costa and his afternoon. The amount i'v read from the normal media **** and even our own supporters slating him but he for me went over the line just once today which for what he received is a miracle!

On the topic of players losing it Costa was on the receiving end of 7 fouls today 5 more than and Swansea player! Jordi Amat and Leroy Fer committed 9 fouls between them yet neither saw red and that's not even taking into count the foul Fer committed on Cahill for their 2nd goal! I think its safe to saw Mr Marriner had an absolute nightmare, i think when he lost the game we lost our heads which is no excuse. However we did show fight which is something we had lost last season.

10 points after 4 matches is not a bad return at all however our first major test starts in the next month with some very tough fixtures coming up.

Very deflated after today but not disheartened, UTC!

Now that brings me nicely to Diego "the anti-christ" Costa and his afternoon. The amount i'v read from the normal media **** and even our own supporters slating him but he for me went over the line just once today which for what he received is a miracle!

On the topic of players losing it Costa was on the receiving end of 7 fouls today 5 more than and Swansea player!

Meh, it's nothing new. Diego gives as good as he gets. But the 'witch-hunt' for him is becoming rather boring. Diego wasn't even that bad today imo.

Could easily of disallowed Costa's second too for high feet so that's two non-goals he missed.

Could easily of disallowed Costa's second too for high feet so that's two non-goals he missed.

would have been a very harsh ref to disallow that goal lets be honest, no other way he could have connected with the ball 100% going for the ball with defender putting his head into it. As i said we were not clynical enough but ref overall was absolutely shocking

Meh, it's nothing new. Diego gives as good as he gets. But the 'witch-hunt' for him is becoming rather boring. Diego wasn't even that bad today imo.

As days go Costa was very measured today considering the treatment he received, i don't mind players smashing into him just as long as they get the same treatment as him but do they......... Do they f**K

Back