The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
But how are you even supposed to do an overhead kick without having your feet head high?

Unless the rules changed both should of been.

I never have liked the rule like. But it is what it is and that's both head high feet. Dangerous play. No debate at all there.

its poor though, most overhead kicks are done whilst under pressure from a defender

its poor though, most overhead kicks are done whilst under pressure from a defender

Yeah, this. If you're not under pressure there's zero reason to go for an overhead kick. You can just bring it to your feet and shoot normally.

Cahill who is usually a pretty calm guy was absolutely furious with the decision in his post-match interview. Regardless of what we may think of him as a player, he really has a great mentality.

Costa may look like an absolute buffoon the way he plays football but last night's performance shows he is one of the best strikers in world football. Even last season when everyone was so **** and he started the season overweight, his scoring record was actually pretty decent.

REALLY hope Terry's not rolled his ankle bad and he makes the game Friday.

Much rather he than Luiz.

Costa may look like an absolute buffoon the way he plays football but last night's performance shows he is one of the best strikers in world football. Even last season when everyone was so **** and he started the season overweight, his scoring record was actually pretty decent.

I don't think anyone, with the exception of Ibrahimovic & Lewandowski, performs that target-man like lone striker role better in world football if being honest, they're the top 3 for me. Having said that, I think Suarez is without much doubt the best overall out & out number 9 in this current moment of time, with Aguero not too far behind him.

I don't think anyone, with the exception of Ibrahimovic & Lewandowski, performs that target-man like lone striker role better in world football if being honest, they're the top 3 for me. Having said that, I think Suarez is without much doubt the best overall out & out number 9 in this current moment of time, with Aguero not too far behind him.

Agreed. I think the controversies surrounding Costa overshadow just what a great player he is. Fired Atletico Madrid to the title in a league they had no business winning. Leads Chelsea to the title as soon as he came to England. Was double digits in goals last season despite being unfit, injured and playing in a **** team overall. Now he is 4 in 4 to start this season and really could have had a few more against Burnley.

I have not always been his biggest fan especially with his unprofessional behaviour last season but yesterday showed that when he is focused, he is up there with the best in the world.

My biggest worry is what will happen when Costa gets suspended or does his hamstring. Can we trust Batshuayi to lead the line for 5-6 games in a row in the EPL? I am not too sure just yet. Really think we should have at least gotten someone in just as a back-up option.

Agreed. I think the controversies surrounding Costa overshadow just what a great player he is. Fired Atletico Madrid to the title in a league they had no business winning. Leads Chelsea to the title as soon as he came to England. Was double digits in goals last season despite being unfit, injured and playing in a **** team overall. Now he is 4 in 4 to start this season and really could have had a few more against Burnley.

I have not always been his biggest fan especially with his unprofessional behaviour last season but yesterday showed that when he is focused, he is up there with the best in the world.
All depends on which Costa you get on the day. Batshuayi is good. I wouldn't worry too much.

Terry confirmed out Friday.

Sighs. MUCH rather Terry at 505 or however old he now is with no pace alongside Cahill who has little to start with against our attacking 6. Luiz might be prone to defensive mistakes but he's fast and contributes a lot going the other way. Not least from free kicks.

Said it before, will say it again: pick 2 of Oscar, Matic and Willian at most. All 3 of them on the pitch together at the same time with Kante fails on so many levels. No threat from deep, no threat from outside the box, no one to set the tempo, no one to get on the end of moves or pull fullbacks around to make space for Costa. Matic can create but he isn't a playmaker: it's a bonus, you can't rely on it. Ditto for Oscar. You can just put both centrebacks on Costa, double up on Hazard, press your midfielders forward and we can do absolutely nothing to stop them.

If you want to play an absolute wall in midfield then that's fine, but then you need to be playing Pedro or Moses or Traore (if he was here) on the wings to help with counters. I get that Willian gets the nod there to protect Brana but holy ****, if your ******* fullback needs protection week in, week out then something is wrong.

Hopefully this shambles is the wake up needed to move Brana to a bench role and Fabregas to the starting 11. Personally I like Matic in midfield and would like to see Oscar tried out wide (he has played there for us and for country before) in Willian's role instead.

I actually think it's been a rather dull game, ok it has looked more lively in the second half, but certainly not the end-to-end & chance after chance game I expected, given both frail defences & in-form attacking players.

From a Chelsea perspective, they definitely need to introduce Fabregas & some pace from their other options.

Credit where credit is due. Liverpool played us off the park most of the game. Just a poor all-round performance. Fabregas again improving us ten-fold as soon as he came on. He really needs to start games from now on. Too good a player to bench.

Well that performance was rather familiar (flashbacks of last season). Pathetic! But well deserved 'pool, we were simply second best tonight.

I just hope this is the final 'nail in the coffin' for Brana. He's been a loyal servant to the club but his time's up, he's dogs**t! A snail stuck in concrete is faster than that w**ker!

Back