The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
yet at the time no 1 on here made out it was that big of a deal leting them go at the time

Also I can understand your criticism on Lukaku and De Bruyne, but what about Filipe Luis? All of us were unhappy when he was sold.

Because there were stories about both of them having attitude problems. And I bet I can guess who leaked them.

Yes I remember and I was one of those who criticized De Bruyne and Lukaku for them as well. But if I knew they would go on to become £70m players then surely any such problems would have paled in comparison.

Hindsight is 20/20 agreed but its crazy to think of the team Chelsea could have had.

It's also worth pointing out that quite a few people on here were ****** off about De Bruyne getting sold instead of loaned. and with the fact that Mourinho didn't really give him a shot. We were mad that none of our youth were getting playtime and said that although it was great that our loan system was financially very viable, it would be nice to see some of those talents get a chance in the first team. Courtois, KdB, Chalobah, Van Aanholt and Piazon were all mentioned iirc, and I went on a little rant about McEachran. I remember because it turned into a squabble about Jose and youth integration.

We were all pretty baffled about Luis too, seemed mental and we all assumed it must mean we were getting some top tier fullback in. This was actually the first place I saw fans noticing Brana's defensive lapses, whilst everyone else fixated on the key contributions he made going forward.

More important is that we now have context that we didn't have then. It looked like the Belgians were just being difficult and refusing to fight for their places. At the time, I said that if Lukaku wasn't willing to fight for his place vs the 3 strikers we had, he didn't have the mentality for us. I still think that, but now we can see that there's a good chance that wasn't the issue: it wasn't that he didn't think he could be better than them but that he was going very few chances to actually prove that he was, and even then Mourinho would likely stick with his favourites.

Last edited:
BTW, whilst I remember, just WTF was with the dimming of the lights, then all the lasers and firework B/S Friday before the teams took to the field?

Nottin' like opening yourself up to ridicule.

BTW, whilst I remember, just WTF was with the dimming of the lights, then all the lasers and firework B/S Friday before the teams took to the field?

Nottin' like opening yourself up to ridicule.
trying to make it like the good old us of a and all the bullshit that goes on b4 that start any thing

trying to make it like the good old us of a and all the bullshit that goes on b4 that start any thing

I don't know whether it was a Chelsea thing, or a Sky thing for the Friday Night B/S; but it was cringeworthy embarrassing whatever the f it was.

I don't know whether it was a Chelsea thing, or a Sky thing for the Friday Night B/S; but it was cringeworthy embarrassing whatever the f it was.

Sky thing definitely; I've never seen it and some friends of mine were ******* themselves on Friday night at the game at how ridiculous it was. Apparently, the only thing that was missing was "Star Spangled Banner" :D

Sky thing definitely; I've never seen it and some friends of mine were ******* themselves on Friday night at the game at how ridiculous it was. Apparently, the only thing that was missing was "Star Spangled Banner" :D

Figured it was Sky 'Friday Night Football Spectacular!' bunkum. Ta.

Honestly, cringeworthy wasn't the word. They really haven't got a f-ing clue what football and football fans are all about.

Figured it was Sky 'Friday Night Football Spectacular!' bunkum. Ta.

Honestly, cringeworthy wasn't the word. They really haven't got a f-ing clue what football and football fans are all about.

But they know what the global media like and that's why they done it. For us its embarrassing though

Cesc Fabregas showing his worth today. Also finally Conte makes a sub before the 70th minute. Costa was immense off the bench. Really unlucky not to score as he was against Burnley. He has started the season on fire. Very impressed.

Another reason why Conte should start Fabregas is not only because he is a world class player in and of itself but also because of his almost telepathic chemistry with Hazard and Costa on the pitch. Our third goal today showed that.

If he is injury free and no stupid red cards he might seriously look at PL goalscoring record(he has no euro games like others), same with Kun. Will be interesting season.

Best way to defend him is to do what Matip and Lovren did Friday and get right in his face and physical with him. He's a flat track bully, which is not a bad thing at all but he shy's away when you hit him first. Not half the same effect with his back to goal and someone tight on him.

God. West Ham- Chelsea has the recipe for absolute carnage.

All the old ICF boys running amok the new ground with no bizzies. And your knobs be out in full force.

The Met SURELY has to relent and get bodies in the ground. SURELY?

Best way to defend him is to do what Matip and Lovren did Friday and get right in his face and physical with him. He's a flat track bully, which is not a bad thing at all but he shy's away when you hit him first. Not half the same effect with his back to goal and someone tight on him.

Considering he scored on Friday and could very well have had another, I am not sure how you can say he is a flat track bully. Also the only reason defenders can mark tight on him is because of Conte's flawed tactics (so far) ... If he starts Fabregas, I wager that strategy won't be half as effective.

Considering he scored on Friday and could very well have had another, I am not sure how you can say he is a flat track bully. Also the only reason defenders can mark tight on him is because of Conte's flawed tactics (so far) ... If he starts Fabregas, I wager that strategy won't be half as effective.

Wait!? Is this you trying to attest he played well Friday?

Just so I'm clear.

Scouse isn't worng, Costa is a kitten trying to pose as tiger.

It certainly works in modern football where refs babysit attacking players like they are made of glass, but put him in the Prem 10 years ago and he would be run off the pitch.

That depends on your criteria. He scored a goal and could well have had another. Thats the job of any good striker.

By that criteria surely you'd be critiquing him? Scores from our one defensive mistake of the night. Hit more or less Chelsea's only other chance straight at the 'keeper giving him a relatively easy save.

Matip and Lovren handled him perfectly. Which is the best way to play him was the only point. Get in there early and close and he doesn't like it. Let him bully you and turn he's in his element.

By that criteria surely you'd be critiquing him? Scores from our one defensive mistake of the night. Hit more or less Chelsea's only other chance straight at the 'keeper giving him a relatively easy save.

Matip and Lovren handled him perfectly. Which is the best way to play him was the only point. Get in there early and close and he doesn't like it. Let him bully you and turn he's in his element.

Scored from the one defensive mistake an opposition makes. Thats the mark of a world class striker. Yet you are acting like Liverpool completely nullified him. First time I have seen a post praising a defense for shutting down a striker who actually scored in said game.

Back