The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
can i ask what has mosses be taking this season every time i see him he been playing really well

Very important win today. We will blow away teams like we did against United last game 4-0. But we also need to grind out wins like these away from home if we want to hit our targets this season.

Everton, City and Spurs next month. Will be a very difficult month. Hope we can get 4 points minimum.

Everton, City and Spurs next month. Will be a very difficult month. Hope we can get 4 points minimum.

Few massive months coming up for three of the top four/ five.

City have yourselves, Arsenal and L'pool to play December. Arsenal have Tottenham and Utd back-to-back the next time out. And 'Spurs have Arsenal, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Utd three of the next five.

With L'pool having a relatively easy run in comparison having had the tough run early, I'm optimistic that some serious headway can be done the ret of this year up to City on New Years Eve. Only Southampton away and Everton that look tricky.

Talking of Southampton, excellent win yesterday. Didn't see it so I can't comment on anything more than result but to go win there is impressive from anyone.

Few massive months coming up for three of the top four/ five.

City have yourselves, Arsenal and L'pool to play December. Arsenal have Tottenham and Utd back-to-back the next time out. And 'Spurs have Arsenal, Chelsea and to a lesser extent Utd three of the next five.

With L'pool having a relatively easy run in comparison having had the tough run early, I'm optimistic that some serious headway can be done the ret of this year up to City on New Years Eve. Only Southampton away and Everton that look tricky.

Talking of Southampton, excellent win yesterday. Didn't see it so I can't comment on anything more than result but to go win there is impressive from anyone.

Last two games,we have had good fortune to score early. One through a horror defensive mistake(s) against United and another through some individual brilliance from Hazard against Southampton. We completely destroy whatever game plan the opposition had from the get go and force them onto the front foot which lets us play on the break where we are very good.

It won't be like that every game. I forsee games where the opposition will dig in and drop deep into a low block to frustrate us which is when somone like Fabregas will become very useful. Problem is, he doesn't quite fit nicely anywhere into our first team in any formation which will remain the case till we buy some better defenders.

I do think it will be stupid to sell Fabregas. He is way too good a player for us to let go and also not utilize at all.

Last two games,we have had good fortune to score early. One through a horror defensive mistake(s) against United and another through some individual brilliance from Hazard against Southampton. We completely destroy whatever game plan the opposition had from the get go and force them onto the front foot which lets us play on the break where we are very good.

It won't be like that every game. I forsee games where the opposition will dig in and drop deep into a low block to frustrate us which is when somone like Fabregas will become very useful. Problem is, he doesn't quite fit nicely anywhere into our first team in any formation which will remain the case till we buy some better defenders.

I do think it will be stupid to sell Fabregas. He is way too good a player for us to let go and also not utilize at all.

Could Fabregas potentially play alongside Hazard in the two behind Costa?

Doubt it because Pedro/Willian are very disciplined in tracking back to help out Moses plus playing Fab in such an advanced position will negate his ability to set the tempo and unlock defenses since he will be expected to get onto the end of passes instead or at least make runs to drag away defenders.

Doubt it because Pedro/Willian are very disciplined in tracking back to help out Moses plus playing Fab in such an advanced position will negate his ability to set the tempo and unlock defenses since he will be expected to get onto the end of passes instead or at least make runs to drag away defenders.
I'd trade him for Roberto Firmino tbh. Players like that would be a tactical dream for Conte.

I'd trade him for Roberto Firmino tbh. Players like that would be a tactical dream for Conte.

I genuinely don't know. I can understand why Fab has been dropped but at the same time, he is just way too good to remain a bench player forever.

I genuinely don't know. I can understand why Fab has been dropped but at the same time, he is just way too good to remain a bench player forever.
I think that football has changed with him. He's an auxiliary player in the middle of the park. The team can't afford to carry him off the ball.

I think that football has changed with him. He's an auxiliary player in the middle of the park. The team can't afford to carry him off the ball.

Its workable if we had better defenders but right now, yes I agree. Last season a lot of the goals we shipped came through the centre.

Also unbeliavably I forgot to mention perhaps the biggest point ... Fab simply does not have the pace to be part of a counter attack.

It could be interesting though. If Moses pushes forward, Azpi goes across to cover him, Fabregas could shift inside and be almost like a number 10, the formation could morph into a 4-2-3-1. Transitioning between those could help mix things up.

Alternatively, Kante or Matic could join in the counterattacks and Fabregas drops deeper to cover for one or the other. With wing-backs, Hazard and Costa all involved there are a few decent options.

Just a thought :)

Also unbeliavably I forgot to mention perhaps the biggest point ... Fab simply does not have the pace to be part of a counter attack.

We've got Moses for that though. Diego, Hazard and Moses should be enough speed for a counter attack most of the time, and now we have someone to play that killer pass to get it started.

Another solution would be to move to a 3-5-2 vs teams that sit deep vs us. In those cases we will need someone to break down defences and won't need that extra defensive support on the right wing, so it makes a lot of sense. It all depends if Cesc is willing to accept sitting the bigger games out.

Seen rumours that Milan are interested in Fabregas. What you you guys think if they made an offer?

All depends if he wants to leave or not. He hasn't made a fuss and could be very useful for us as a plan B, but he is talented enough that if he wanted to move to get a guaranteed starting place I wouldn't hold it against him.

Back