The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
All depends if he wants to leave or not. He hasn't made a fuss and could be very useful for us as a plan B, but he is talented enough that if he wanted to move to get a guaranteed starting place I wouldn't hold it against him.

Does he fit though in what Conte requires? That's the most pertinent question if any interest is there. Putting personal love/ admiration of him aside and what he's done previous for your club, does his skill set and the work rate for the team that's now demanded fit into what Conte is at the start of building?

From the outside looking in, I don't think he's anywhere near the athletic player needed for a Conte team. As technically gifted as he still may be.

I'd be surprised if he's still a Chelsea player this time next year.

I'd take him at Milan, still got a few good years and he is certainly better than Montolivo. We need a creative CM and if he's available, I'd be happy to have him

Yep, this revived side in this system are a real good outfit. Well drilled, attacking freedom, really in sync. United were a little unlucky to have played them after they switched to this system, but don't take that as an excuse, take it as a compliment.

Costa was utter wank for 40 minutes till he scored :P

More importantly, we look excellent in defense. This plan on Lukaku seems to be working a treat. Get tight to him as soon as he gets the ball and don't let him turn around and have a run at our goal. Although credit to Big Rom, he has made some tidy lay-offs which would have caused problems if he had better players around him. He is going to be a world class striker.

We've got Moses for that though. Diego, Hazard and Moses should be enough speed for a counter attack most of the time, and now we have someone to play that killer pass to get it started.

Another solution would be to move to a 3-5-2 vs teams that sit deep vs us. In those cases we will need someone to break down defences and won't need that extra defensive support on the right wing, so it makes a lot of sense. It all depends if Cesc is willing to accept sitting the bigger games out.

I think today's game showed the value of having someone like Pedro on the right with his speed and ability to seek out space. Fabregas on the right is an interesting idea but it relies an awful lot on Moses getting up the pitch quickly enough for 90 minutes whenever we counter-attack and then getting back to defend.

HOLA! I nipped out The Asda at 0-0. Come back and it's 3! As impressive as that would suggest?

HOLA! I nipped out The Asda at 0-0. Come back and it's 3! As impressive as that would suggest?

It was. Everton never had a look in. As the City game showed however, its a game of two halves. Lets hope we can shut this out well and good and keep a clean sheet.

Ta lads. And I wouldn't worry Alcaraz. This Everton side aren't scoring three.

Tbh I could care less about the City and Spurs game coming up. We can lose them for all I care. Its more important we beat the 'lesser' teams if we want Top 4.

Once again garbage officiating. How was Coleman still on the field after that challenge on Costa? Jesus christ.

Refs sort your **** out before someone gets a career ending injury from that sort of thing

Once again garbage officiating. How was Coleman still on the field after that challenge on Costa? Jesus christ.

Refs sort your **** out before someone gets a career ending injury from that sort of thing

Before everything went to ****, I have to say I was quite impressed with Lukaku. Laying off the ball well to counter our tight pressing on him. Trying to get himself isolated against Azpi or Moses. Matching his awesome physical attributes with a footballing brain now. The sky is the limit for him.

Willian will need to produce something special to get back in the team. Pedro is finally showing his class for us.

Tbh I could care less about the City and Spurs game coming up. We can lose them for all I care. Its more important we beat the 'lesser' teams if we want Top 4.

Rather you didn't lose to Citeh ta.

See yers at the summit tomorrow.

Jesus christ this is some of the best football I have ever watched as a Chelsea fan. Someone dock Courtois' pay for taking the night off.

Early days of course, but Chelsea look really consistent at the moment, and I see no reason why you can't launch a serious title challenge.

Early days of course, but Chelsea look really consistent at the moment, and I see no reason why you can't launch a serious title challenge.

No point getting ahead of ourselves. This squad still is weak in areas. Its just the brilliant form of our attacking players that is papering over the cracks and that will not last forever.

Back