The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M

Away from the players seeing Conte on the touchline and seeing/hearing Jose after the match i'm starting to see what opposition fans saw when he was manager of us on both occasions. How on earth can he question Conte celebrating at 4-0 up, who is he to tell a fellow manager how he can and cannot atc at any given time! He's the biggest hypocrite and sorest loser since one Sir Alex Ferguson, he and Man Utd are a match made in heaven. Thank you for the multiple trophies and memories Jose but this game has passed you by, your as stubborn as your arch enemy Monsieur Wenger. .....

UTC!!

Funny how that happens huh? Like with Evertonian's over Fellaini. It takes someone who's a complete ***** to leave to step back and see what a complete ***** he really is.

He really is a horrible person. Said it to zz in our thread through the week, but I can't forget Sid Lowe talking on him when he got the Utd job this summer saying he'll be on his best behaviour for 6 months or so like he has been his last three gigs in Milan, Madrid and the second go-around at Chelsea. Trying extra hard as Utd are such the global brand. But there's always something that forces the mask to slip. And when it does, it's canage for that club.

THAT'S what he was saying in Conte's ear huh? What a humongous *******.

Honestly, if we'd not got Klopp, I'd rather of stuck with Rodgers than turned to him. And it had gotten as bad as it was under Hodgson the back end. Not only does he bore the living **** out of you with his 'brand' of football the vast majority of the time, he really is a miserable, gnarly *****. And that's the VERY last type of character I want leading my club. Easy to see why Charlton was so set against him.

Be interesting to see how long it's worn at Utd. When results are going, people let a lot slide and put up with a lot.

But when they aren't, it's a different story.

Oh yeah, almost forgot .....

FTC!! ;).

Last edited:
Funny how that happens huh? Like with Evertonian's over Fellaini. It takes someone who's a complete ***** to leave to step back and see what a complete ***** he really is.

He really is a horrible person. Said it to zz in our thread through the week, but I can't forget Sid Lowe talking on him when he got the Utd job this summer saying he'll be on his best behaviour for 6 months or so like he has been his last three gigs in Milan, Madrid and the second go-around at Chelsea. Trying extra hard as Utd are such the global brand. But there's always something that forces the mask to slip. And when it does, it's canage for that club.

THAT'S what he was saying in Conte's ear huh? What a humongous *******.

Honestly, if we'd not got Klopp, I'd rather of stuck with Rodgers than turned to him. And it had gotten as bad as it was under Hodgson the back end. Not only does he bore the living **** out of you with his 'brand' of football the vast majority of the time. He really is a miserable, gnarly *****. And that's the VERY last type of character I want leading my club. Easy to see why Charlton was so set against him.

Be interesting to see how long it's worn at Utd. When results are going, people let a lot slide and put up with a lot.

But when they aren't, it's a different story.

Oh yeah, almost forgot .....

FTC!! ;).

Worst thing is he talks absolute rubbish and no-one calls him out on it! Says all our goals were on the counter attack today, second game from a corner, third we were in possession Hazard even slowed it down in their half and the same for the forth! He's absolutely deluded

Just wondering, has that happened to you with Suarez? :D

Worst thing is he talks absolute rubbish and no-one calls him out on it! Says all our goals were on the counter attack today, second game from a corner, third we were in possession Hazard even slowed it down in their half and the same for the forth! He's absolutely deluded

You hit the nail on the head when you said his type of football is becoming outdated and the game has passed him by.

I have to be honest I've been astounded by Utd fans on here applauding him Monday night for being as uber negative as he was and condoning it because L'pool are playing such superb attacking footie. I guess I should be flattered but this isn't some tin pot club we're talking about. This is Manchester United FFS. He's gone and spent £150 plus million and he's STILL playing like an ale house team! Even Pulis, who has nottin' like their resources, was more attack minded yesterday even before we scored and they had to chase the game. Applauding those tactics that he only escaped with down to a World class goalkeeper. At Manchester United!

The only surprise today was he didn't sit Young next to Blind to hold his hand and double up. Probably would of if Willian had started.

Just wondering, has that happened to you with Suarez? :D

Me? I was calling for him to go the minute he bit Ivanovic so you're asking the wrong red.

I stood by him over the racism B/S on the word of a consistently proven liar but nottin' else.

Amazing game and tactically Conte is getting his touch better and better.

How to you see the back line will be when Zouma and Ivanovic coming back? Will Alonso be dropped for Azp?

Alonso has been fantastic since coming into the side and shouldn't be dropped for anyone! Ivanovic should get used to sitting in the stands because the way him and azpi have performed recently he won't be in the starting line up any time soon.

Biggest worry for me is lack of depth in defense. Our CBs are doing well but what if one of them gets injured? Zouma will be back from ACL soon but who knows if he is good enough? I don't want to see Ivanovic near the pitch again in a Chelsea shirt and Terry has been declining albeit not as drastically as Ivanovic.

What about FB's? Our replacements are Aina (!) and Ivanovic (see above). Zouma and Luiz could put in a shift there if need be I suppose and Azpi can be shifted out wide as well. I wonder if we should recall Kenedy. I think he will be terrific in a 3-4-3.

Definitely something to ponder. I am curious to see how Chalobah will do at CB. It was his initial position after all.

Alonso has been fantastic since coming into the side and shouldn't be dropped for anyone! .....

From someone that was bang average to be kind at Bolton and Sunderland, been massively impressed with by him. He was top drawer yesterday.

Tempering it that it's only been 5 games but an excellent start to his Chelsea career from someone I'm sure even most Chelsea fans where like 'WTF? He was ***** at Bolton and Sunderland.'

From someone that was bang average to be kind at Bolton and Sunderland, been massively impressed with by him. He was top drawer yesterday.

Tempering it that it's only been 5 games but an excellent start to his Chelsea career from someone I'm sure even most Chelsea fans where like 'WTF? He was ***** at Bolton and Sunderland.'

Were you watching another Alonso? He was Bolton's player of the season and played a huge role in Sunderland's miraculous escape from relegation under Poyet. Even most Sunderland fans were furious he was not signed permanently and Poyet is full of praise for him whenever asked.

Were you watching another Alonso? He was Bolton's player of the season and played a huge role in Sunderland's miraculous escape from relegation under Poyet. Even most Sunderland fans were furious he was not signed permanently and Poyet is full of praise for him whenever asked.

Theres' a history rewrite. He was a bang average player and you know it. The fact he was liked at either club is saying little.

Theres' a history rewrite. He was a bang average player and you know it. The fact he was liked at either club is saying little.

Bang average for Chelsea perhaps, but IIRC at both Bolton and Sunderland he was seen as one of the better players. However his time at 'university' seems to have done him a world of good...

"The Italian league is very competitive. Most of the teams are waiting for you and are perfect tactically. In addition, they take very good care of themselves physically, so I think for a defender, a spell in Italy is very important. After you go to university you become a master. Serie A is a university for defenders."

Alonso seems very similar to Azpilicueta tbh, nothing special, just solid. But for a defender what more could you ask for?

Quick one from me tonight as its late. Just about deserved win for West Ham in my opinion but Conte would have learnt a lot tonight......... I HOPE!

1) Back 3 is best when Luiz is through the middle
2) Azpi is not a RWB
3) Oscar is not a good footballer
4) Willian needs to be off set-pieces
5) Moses and Alonso are a must in this system
6) JT does not suit this system
7) Batshuayi if played needs a partner
8) We need to stop going down so easily!!!!!

I think we created enough chances tonight especially in the last 25 minutes but just was not ruthless enough

#WOLUTB

Gutting to realise tonight that JT does not fit the new system but in a way I spose its a good thing because for the past few years fans have been calling for the club to try and find a defence that works without JT due to him not getting any younger and so far so good without him.

On the plus side, that leaves room for Christensen and Zouma to come in the side, so next year our defence might actually be pretty stacked.

I didn't see the game myself, but I think it's a little unfair to say he doesn't suit the system after just one game, and a reappearance game from a spell out too mind. A Chelsea defence with JT in it is a better Chelsea defence, it may take him a little bit of getting use to having a couple alongside him or whatever, but nobody organises and sniffs danger like Terry does.

I didn't see the game myself, but I think it's a little unfair to say he doesn't suit the system after just one game, and a reappearance game from a spell out too mind. A Chelsea defence with JT in it is a better Chelsea defence, it may take him a little bit of getting use to having a couple alongside him or whatever, but nobody organises and sniffs danger like Terry does.

He's too slow mate. The only way we could make it work is if we put him in the middle, behind the other two CBs, sweeping up behind the line, but then we lose the extra man in midfield that Luiz gives us when he steps forward. He's still a brilliant CB but this formation just doesn't suit him.

Marcos Alonso has developed very quickly. He is technically excellent and one of the best left backs in the league. He's also a very solid defender. Don't underestimate him. He's refined the defensive side of his game in Italy.

He should of hung it up the summer. If not the Sumer before. Like Gerrard, he's gone on too long the top level after age has badly caught up to him.

When your legs go, they go and it's time to accept that and bow out gracefully.

Marcos Alonso has developed very quickly. He is technically excellent and one of the best left backs in the league. He's also a very solid defender. Don't underestimate him. He's refined the defensive side of his game in Italy.

He most certainly has. A million miles different from the player that was here in England his first go-around. Come on leaps and bounds at Fiorentina.

Again, been very impressed with him and his start at Chelsea. But like Chelsea and their current run, I shall reserve judgement until they play better opposition. Everything is very hard to judge with their recent 'revival.'

Back