The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
£60m is so **** much, wonder what wages he will be on... For that reason also I think it is good that he goes then, shows he is not that interested in winning titles. He would have been top guy for several Spain or Italy teams.

You see Matic gone then? Him and Fabregas gone together in summer? Hope they wont keep mid too stacked as Loftus-Cheek deserves a chance also.

But Nainggolan and Kante, behind them Zouma Luiz and Christensen. Oh dear good they would be hard to break down.

Matic was never going to leave. He has been a mainstay in the team all season. Fabregas might have left but now with Oscar gone, its unlikely. I really would not sell Fabregas under any circumstance mind. He is a proper world-class midfielder and has a brilliant attitude.

£60m is so **** much, wonder what wages he will be on... For that reason also I think it is good that he goes then, shows he is not that interested in winning titles. He would have been top guy for several Spain or Italy teams.

You see Matic gone then? Him and Fabregas gone together in summer? Hope they wont keep mid too stacked as Loftus-Cheek deserves a chance also.

But Nainggolan and Kante, behind them Zouma Luiz and Christensen. Oh dear good they would be hard to break down.

It's a ridiculous price and according to reports he'll be earning £350k p/w, so the move is understandable.

No, I wouldn't sell Matic or Fabregas (he offers something different) but we do need midfield reinforcements. Hence Nainggolan. As for Loftus-Cheek, he should head out on loan because he needs game time and he isn't getting that at Chelsea. Plus Chalobah is ahead of him in the 'pecking order' atm.

Why do you want CM then? Conte plays only 2 there so benching too many of them would be bad. Fabregas isint getting any playtime, he might want to out himself.

Simple, without Oscar our backups to Kante and Matic are Cesc and Chalobah which isn't good enough. We need better depth in there, so a CM in January is a must.

It's always difficult against teams that go to every game in their brown pants. Every game is like a final to them.

Two changes to the starting XI tonight, Fabregas for Matic and Willian for Hazard. Also... Zouma returns! He's not starting, but even so, it's fantastic to see him back.

Don't know how, but Conte has to find a way to slot in Fabregas into the team.

It's a ridiculous price and according to reports he'll be earning £350k p/w, so the move is understandable.

No, I wouldn't sell Matic or Fabregas (he offers something different) but we do need midfield reinforcements. Hence Nainggolan. As for Loftus-Cheek, he should head out on loan because he needs game time and he isn't getting that at Chelsea. Plus Chalobah is ahead of him in the 'pecking order' atm.

Simple, without Oscar our backups to Kante and Matic are Cesc and Chalobah which isn't good enough. We need better depth in there, so a CM in January is a must.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation....i-wages-400k-messi-cristiano-ronaldo#comments

Cannot blame Oscar at all for moving there. This is truly incredible money.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation....i-wages-400k-messi-cristiano-ronaldo#comments

Cannot blame Oscar at all for moving there. This is truly incredible money.

I'd beg to differ there.

I'm not naive enough to think money isn't important. But he's ridiculously well compensated regardless. There comes a point when it's just flat out greed. And to put that greed over your career say's FAR more about your lack of ambition for your career as a footballer than anything to me. The Chinese league is never going to take off and be a rival to Europe. No matter how much they plough into it, it just isn't. Oscar's 25. He's not the end of his career looking for one last big payday. He's in the prime of his career. Yet he's all but decided to go China and disappear off the footballing landscape. He'd be a stand out star in somewhere like Italy or Spain.

Little time for anyone of note the could still do well in Europe that sells out to China.

Last edited:
Congratulations on 10 straight wins. I don't think people appreciate just how ridiculously hard and rare that is to do. To put 5 straight together in the PL is a fantastic achievement. Double figures is just ridiculous.

We had eleven straight the '13/'14 title challenging run, matching a few others. And there's only Utd with 12 and Arsenal with 14, split over two successive seasons, I believe who've had more.

It really is a special achievement and deserves top recognition.

Congratulations on 10 straight wins. I don't think people appreciate just how ridiculously hard and rare that is to do. To put 5 straight together in the PL is a fantastic achievement. Double figures is just ridiculous.

We had eleven straight the '13/'14 title challenging run, matching a few others. And there's only Utd with 12 and Arsenal with 14, split over two successive seasons, I believe who've had more.

It really is a special achievement and deserves top recognition.

Indeed. It's a magnificent achievement, especially when you consider just how competitive the league is at the moment.

But our best run is eleven straight back in '09, which was stretched over two seasons and two different managers (Hiddink and Ancelotti). However our current winning streak is our best one because of the opposition we've faced, and we've done it during the same season. Also that team in '09 was a f**king juggernaut who should've extended their winning run to nineteen if it weren't for some ridiculous loses against Villa and Wigan away.

Going for record? 14th opponent would be Spurs.

Our record should get to thirteen with wins against Palace, Bournemouth and Stoke. But then again Palace are unpredictable, as are Bournemouth and Stoke. So who knows? But all I care about is that we win the league tbh.

Our record should get to thirteen with wins against Palace, Bournemouth and Stoke. But then again Palace are unpredictable, as are Bournemouth and Stoke. So who knows? But all I care about is that we win the league tbh.

I think if you come out of xmas period still 6 clear that would be a massive result

I think if you come out of xmas period still 6 clear that would be a massive result

The game at Anfield under the lights the end of January is looking more and more pivotal.

Quite happy to be going into that on Chelsea's coat tails. (If they drop points the interim even better like.).

That will be quite the Tuesday night the 31st.

The game at Anfield under the lights the end of January is looking more and more pivotal.

Quite happy to be going into that on Chelsea's coat tails. (If they drop points the interim even better like.).

That will be quite the Tuesday night the 31st.

Out interest Scouse, do you still think Conte will change tinker with his system for that game? (Should he have a full squad to choose from).

Out interest Scouse, do you still think Conte will change tinker with his system for that game? (Should he have a full squad to choose from).

I think he'd be taking a heck of a gamble if he didn't.

Can't see them coming for anything more than a point.

*Edit* Just as interestingly being as we're talking is what Mourinho will do the middle of January. His career MO has been to be more attacking the big games at home so you'd think it wouldn't be a repeat of Anfield. But then he's never taken his usual Anfield negativity to the level he did this year so who knows what he'll do if he's desperate for a result?

Last edited:
Back