The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Reports in the summer indicated that we tried to push through a loan deal for him with an option to buy. Something like that would be ideal in January as well. I think Rodriguez himself would prefer such a deal so that he can get some minutes and a taste of the EPL before he can commit one way or another in the summer.

Prices being mooted are a bit too crazy for me. Yes he is a fantastic player but someone like Griezzman fits our system much better and I suspect he will move this summer.

A loan to buy would be best for Chelsea but I can't see Real Madrid sanctioning such a deal. Yes, the reported price is mad but what price isn't atm? Also we'd only sign James if Conte wanted him, and if Conte wants him that's good enough for me.

Griezmann is still the dream but I'd happily take James instead.

A loan to buy would be best for Chelsea but I can't see Real Madrid sanctioning such a deal. Yes, the reported price is mad but what price isn't atm? Also we'd only sign James if Conte wanted him, and if Conte wants him that's good enough for me.

Griezmann is still the dream but I'd happily take James instead.

Honestly I could see them going for it. Its a calculated gamble but if James goes on loan and does well, all of a sudden you will have a lot more interest and be able to negotiate a better price at your leisure in the summer.

I suppose it all depends on whether there is any club who is willing to match the price Madrid want right now.

Reports say no CFC interest in a permanent deal for Rodriguez. Club can only purchase one £70m player. We are not United who can splash the cash on multiple such players. I rather we spend it on someone whose attitude and style of play suits us perfectly and for me that player is Griezzman. I can genuinely see us push very very hard for him in the summer. We have been tracking him for a long time.

Reports say no CFC interest in a permanent deal for Rodriguez. Club can only purchase one £70m player. We are not United who can splash the cash on multiple such players. I rather we spend it on someone whose attitude and style of play suits us perfectly and for me that player is Griezzman. I can genuinely see us push very very hard for him in the summer. We have been tracking him for a long time.

Has he every showed any interest in signing for us? I have a horrible feeling he is United bound the second Simeone goes to Inter, if not sooner.

I think James would be a monster for us at AMR. Even when he has been 'out of form' at Madrid, he creates and scores at a ridiculous rate. The only reason he isn't playing for Real is because of their unique situation, if they didn't already have so many goals from midfield + a worldclass midfield 2 that need defensive help, he would be playing for them. If it was Isco, I'd be more iffy, but James would be as good if not better than Griezzeman for me.

Jose throwing digs at us calling us negative haha that's rich! A certain negative 1-0 win against his current club in 2015 was the first thing that came to my mind after reading it.

It's just Jose being Jose.

I enjoy when we win "negative" anyway! Can't beat when the opposition has 65% possession and 28 shots on goal yet still fail to score whilst we go on to score our only chance of the game to win 1-0 and **** everybody off :)

Has he every showed any interest in signing for us? I have a horrible feeling he is United bound the second Simeone goes to Inter, if not sooner.

I think James would be a monster for us at AMR. Even when he has been 'out of form' at Madrid, he creates and scores at a ridiculous rate. The only reason he isn't playing for Real is because of their unique situation, if they didn't already have so many goals from midfield + a worldclass midfield 2 that need defensive help, he would be playing for them. If it was Isco, I'd be more iffy, but James would be as good if not better than Griezzeman for me.

I disagree Subtle. I don't think James would be a bad player for us by any means but I feel Griezzman is the perfect fit for how Chelsea have always played. By that I mean, a strong and powerful team built on a solid defense with pace and flair down our wings and a combative centre forward as our focal point. These are the general principles that Mourinho laid down in his first reign and its adherence to these principles that have brought about our greatest triumphs. When we moved away from them such as during the AVB era, we floundered badly.

James lacks pace, is suspect defensively and his best performances have come as a No.10 with the team built around covering his deficiencies. Griezzman on other hand comes from the School of Simeone. Super quick, direct, excellent finisher, lethal on the counter and hard working defensively. In short, he is perfect as the world class option we need at AMR.

He has not expressed interest in signing for any team yet. Yes competiton for his signature will be tough but I do feel confident that Chelsea have a chance because the way we play is perfect for his style. Its known that we have been admirers of his talent for the longest time and its the reason I suspect why we have not handed over £70m for Rodriguez already.

As an aside, I can see Simeone managing Chelsea one day. His philosophy was heavily inspired by Mourinho's first reign at Chelsea. The way he sees the game is synonymouse with the footballing identity of this club. It will be a natural transition for him to come to SW6.

..... James lacks pace, is suspect defensively and his best performances have come as a No.10 with the team built around covering his deficiencies. Griezzman on other hand comes from the School of Simeone. Super quick, direct, excellent finisher, lethal on the counter and hard working defensively. In short, he is perfect as the world class option we need at AMR.

He has not expressed interest in signing for any team yet. Yes competiton for his signature will be tough but I do feel confident that Chelsea have a chance because the way we play is perfect for his style. Its known that we have been admirers of his talent for the longest time and its the reason I suspect why we have not handed over £70m for Rodriguez already......

And to add, NEVER discount the MASSIVE pulling power of London to foreign players. Even in this era, Utd at the very height of their PL domination struggled to combat that.

Shot in the dark help as I'm still throwing around who to captain for fantasy the next round of games .....

Are we expecting Hazard to be the focal point up front Boxing Day in the absence of 19?

Shot in the dark help as I'm still throwing around who to captain for fantasy the next round of games .....

Are we expecting Hazard to be the focal point up front Boxing Day in the absence of 19?

It would surprise me to see Hazard replace Costa, but it could happen. However I doubt Conte will want to overcomplicate things. So it should just be a straight swap, with Batshuayi coming in for Diego.

Back