The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
You need Morata, or a player of his ilk.

Need Christiensen plus one more at CB at least

Do you see Morataas a foil to Costa or replacing him directly? I believe Conte initially targetted him to pair him up front with Costa. What about Zouma? Can he be the 'new CB' alongside Christensen?

Replacement for Costa then, and other back up CF needed
Zouma and Christiensen
Wing back on the right needed. This is a huge target, needs to be a top player.

Eh? We have barely been linked to anyone tbf. Our strongest link was to Morata whom you love.

I do agree with you though. Our squad is really not as good as the league table suggests. Even before this season, I was happy with Top 4 and I would still be happy with that if we lose the title. However, next summer we have the opportunity to get back into the elite group of clubs. We cannot waste it.

Here is a hypothetical. If you were in-charge at Chelsea, who would you buy and why?
I do like Morata. His ceiling is Costa. Fired Juve to a UCL final. Elite mentality and big game player.

First player would be Emerson. Been a top 5 left back this season for Roma and 20 years old. He's been crazy good.

Second would be a central defender. It's very hard to judge defenders across systems. Even pro scouts have mixed success. This is because defensive systems vary so much that it's hard to judge strengths and weaknesses. Cahill is a joke defender. Luiz is good but not at the highest level. Christensen is an extremely intelligent defender. Only one I can say is good for sure would be Daniele Rugani.

I'd replace Moses as well. He's a weak link defensively. I reckon you could wrestle Hysaj off of Napoli.

Next would be a DM. As Fabregas will leave, I'm thinking someone that can dictate and control a game. N'Zonzi has arguably been the best in Europe this season. Has a 30 Million Euro release clause at Sevilla. Don't be surprised to see him at City/Bayern come the summer.

Naby Keita would be a dream partnership with Kante. Physically homogenous players. Literally crazy amounts of energy. Naby Keita can do what Kante does plus create and destroy.

Belotti/Morata to replace Costa is a no brainer.

Chelsea could make a statement of intent and try to sign Mbappe/Bernardo Silva/Thomas Lemar. Crazy how Monaco have 3 young wide forwards better than Martial a year after selling.
You need Morata, or a player of his ilk.

Need Christiensen plus one more at CB at least
Another central defender is needed definately
Costa is going, If Griezmann heads to United

So Griezzman is probably leaving then? Yep I can ses your point there. Atletico can then use that money to buy back Costa.
Costa is leaving primarily for cash plus Griezmann is being sold due to the stadium. Unsure about that. Looks like China.

Do you see Morataas a foil to Costa or replacing him directly? I believe Conte initially targetted him to pair him up front with Costa. What about Zouma? Can he be the 'new CB' alongside Christensen?

Zouma and Christiensen
Zouma is a rotation quality player. The amount of time he makes last ditch tackles and get caught out of position... He's also not good enough on the ball. Christensen is a class above.

Zouma and Christiensen

Seen a few reports about Conte wanting Florenzi in the summer. I've been impressed with what I've seen of him at Roma and for the national team (especially during the Euros). But would you class him in that 'top' bracket?

Seen a few reports about Conte wanting Florenzi in the summer. I've been impressed with what I've seen of him at Roma and for the national team (especially during the Euros). But would you class him in that 'top' bracket?
Florenzi is good going forward but Hysaj is the best full/wing back in Serie A.

Florenzi? definitely.

If i was buying a midfielder, i'd want a hard working passer in there, someone who can change the game in a heartbeat. Weigl springs to mind. Or even Verratti

Florenzi? definitely.

If i was buying a midfielder, i'd want a hard working passer in there, someone who can change the game in a heartbeat. Weigl springs to mind. Or even Verratti
Weigl has a contract until 2021. No way you could afford Verratti or PSG will sell. N'Zonzi has been better than both.

Wouldn't put it past Verrati to force a move through. Elite player who has probably achieved all he can with PSG.

Probably because N'Zonzi isn't and never has been a passing maestro, certainly doesnt have Verratti's range. But is a powerful box to box option who has improved as the years have gone by

Probably because N'Zonzi isn't and never has been a passing maestro, certainly doesnt have Verratti's range. But is a powerful box to box option who has improved as the years have gone by
Delete

The question for me alc is: what kind of midfield option do I want to add.

You don't have anyone like Verrati apart from Fabregas really, and then not quite the same, which is why I like him.

Seriously though, he's an incredible regista with an incredible physique. Being huge, athletically talented and a great destroyer, his biggest quality is overlooked. His passing ability and ability to dictate are his biggest strengths.

The question for me alc is: what kind of midfield option do I want to add.

You don't have anyone like Verrati apart from Fabregas really, and then not quite the same, which is why I like him.

Thats the thing. We already have a passing maestro in Fabregas. What else do you think someone like Verratti will add to a team?

Seems to me like we need a more all-rounded midfielder in the mould of N'Zonzi. Someone like Pogba who has the mobility, strength and qualities to be a decisive factor in both halves of the pitch. Kante is an excellent destroyer and Matic is a bit more well-rounded but neither of them are the answer.

Depends what happens with Fabregas.

Also N'Zonzi is an easy buy tbh. 26m release clause if he wants to go, isn't renewing his contract currently.

He's really well rounded. Remember how you wanted Nainggolan? Then get N'Zonzi

Depends what happens with Fabregas.

Also N'Zonzi is an easy buy tbh. 26m release clause if he wants to go, isn't renewing his contract currently.

He's really well rounded. Remember how you wanted Nainggolan? Then get N'Zonzi

They're both very different players. If a want a DM, I'd take N'Zonzi who can press, sit and control a game. If I want a complete midfielder who can destroy, score and create then I'd have Nainggolan. I'd take both tbh.

Back