The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Excellent win. Was always confident of a result against Arsenal. We have a good run of games coming up. Excellent chance to consolidate a big lead at the top before we face City and United.

Yeah as sensational as Hazard was going forward i agree Kante was on another level, for me by far the best central midfielder in this country. And Conte well what more can we say, we are totally blessed

The best at what he does, no contest.

Well done on the win, big congrats. You can only beat what's in front of you, but as a neutral, how dire were Arsenal?

I said it at the start of the season. Kante will be the signing of the summer.

Well done on the win, big congrats. You can only beat what's in front of you, but as a neutral, how dire were Arsenal?

Absolutely terrible! And it all stems from their manager. Ok sometimes i think its good to say "we are going to play our way" but when playing us playing your full backs so high up the pitch giving Hazard and Pedro so much space when they lost the ball over and over again is madness! Sometimes you have to just accept they other side have too much if they attack so lets try something different.

Not an insult. One of the best strikers around of his age. Costa is a great striker. I'm saying he's a very similar player with similar but doesn't have the same fear factor.

Never meant to imply that I was criticizing you mate. Genuinely curious why you rate him so highly though? Any specific matches where he has really impressed you and shown abilities that other players do not have?

He's not on the same level as Costa, not based on anything I've seen

I still don't quite think Conte quite gets the credit he deserves. Everyone's talking about Pep and Klopp for their tactics, which is deserved yes, but Conte has been just as brilliant, just goes around his business in a different manner. A lazy way to look it would be "ah he just plays 3-4-3 with 2 great holding mid's" but there's so much more to it.

Everything about it just deserves applauding; the way their centre halves step up to create space and options for Kante and Matic. The way they beat a press. The way Moses and Alonso constantly bomb forward to combine with the front three and take players out of the game. The way that despite all the structure and organisation, there's still so much guile, creativity and understanding in that front three. And the most important thing in it for me, they defend as a TEAM; whether it's Costa making himself a nuisance, whether it's Hazard and Pedro harrying, whether it's Matic and Kante chasing and closing everything down, or whether it's Moses and Alonso getting back and making it a back 5, it's all just so in sync. The only way I can describe it, they're a team​.

I still don't quite think Conte quite gets the credit he deserves. Everyone's talking about Pep and Klopp for their tactics, which is deserved yes, but Conte has been just as brilliant, just goes around his business in a different manner. A lazy way to look it would be "ah he just plays 3-4-3 with 2 great holding mid's" but there's so much more to it.

Everything about it just deserves applauding; the way their centre halves step up to create space and options for Kante and Matic. The way they beat a press. The way Moses and Alonso constantly bomb forward to combine with the front three and take players out of the game. The way that despite all the structure and organisation, there's still so much guile, creativity and understanding in that front three. And the most important thing in it for me, they defend as a TEAM; whether it's Costa making himself a nuisance, whether it's Hazard and Pedro harrying, whether it's Matic and Kante chasing and closing everything down, or whether it's Moses and Alonso getting back and making it a back 5, it's all just so in sync. The only way I can describe it, they're a team​.

I love the fact he got no real credit because we just slipped under the radar going on thirteen game winning run! Let the media **** all over Jose and Pep as much as they like, i wouldn't want any other manager in charge right now the change he's installed into the whole club not just on the pitch is nothing i've witnessed at the Bridge.

The way he has set them up tactically is all pundits have talked about since the run started (or a few games in at least). Now it praising man management with Hazard form & Costa issue. You guys need to watch diff channels :p

Hazard is class. Arsenals CBs and Coquelin didn't stand a chance. Scared to make a tackle!

No spine whatsoever from Arsenal. Chelsea leagues ahead atm. Conte got them set up fantastically!
No such thing as a spine.
Yeah as sensational as Hazard was going forward i agree Kante was on another level, for me by far the best central midfielder in this country. And Conte well what more can we say, we are totally blessed

Accurate to say he's best at what he does. The best destroyer in the world. Still not good enough at passing or dribbling. Works well in certain systems. No way the best midfielder in the league.
I said it at the start of the season. Kante will be the signing of the summer.

Absolutely terrible! And it all stems from their manager. Ok sometimes i think its good to say "we are going to play our way" but when playing us playing your full backs so high up the pitch giving Hazard and Pedro so much space when they lost the ball over and over again is madness! Sometimes you have to just accept they other side have too much if they attack so lets try something different.
Wasn't necessarily the full backs. Neville is clueless. Defensive transitions were worse than the 6-0. The press was structurally flawed. Forwards were pressing while midfielders were defending space. The goals were atrocious to concede.
Never meant to imply that I was criticizing you mate. Genuinely curious why you rate him so highly though? Any specific matches where he has really impressed you and shown abilities that other players do not have?

He's not on the same level as Costa, not based on anything I've seen
Costa is better. That's why I said Costa without the fear factor. Great player nonetheless. If you want to know why he's rated highly, watch Juve's champions league run to the final 2 seasons ago.

Not knocking Conte but people seem to forget that this is the same team that won the title 2 seasons ago with the addition of the best midfielder destroyer in the world. Jose must be rightly ****** watching his same team put in all that effort.

It's been decent tactically but the Prem has been poor this year. Chelsea need solid additions because you'll be destroyed in Europe in the team's current form.
I love the fact he got no real credit because we just slipped under the radar going on thirteen game winning run! Let the media **** all over Jose and Pep as much as they like, i wouldn't want any other manager in charge right now the change he's installed into the whole club not just on the pitch is nothing i've witnessed at the Bridge.
Saying you'd rather have him than Pep is a huge stretch.
Not knocking Conte but people seem to forget that this is the same team that won the title 2 seasons ago with the addition of the best midfielder destroyer in the world. Jose must be rightly ****** watching his same team put in all that effort.
Conte has done well with a squad primarily consisting of workhorses. Kante is a top B2B destroyer but there are quite a few players I'd rather have.

Accurate to say he's best at what he does. The best destroyer in the world. Still not good enough at passing or dribbling. Works well in certain systems. No way the best midfielder in the league.

Wasn't necessarily the full backs. Neville is clueless. Defensive transitions were worse than the 6-0. The press was structurally flawed. Forwards were pressing while midfielders were defending space. The goals were atrocious to concede.

Kante's been the biggest difference to us this season without a doubt, and also 88% pass completion average the 6th best in the team and 1.2 dribbles successful per game also 6th in our team. He does far far more than just break up play i've watched every 90 minutes with him this season trust me he's more an all rounder than you think he contributes loads.

And on Neville he isn't clueless at all, you could see it so easily soon as Arsenal's full backs pushed forward Hazard and Pedro slotted in the space behind them and soon as we won possession back they were away in tonnes of space. Both Pedro and Hazard played very narrowly when we didn't have the ball basically making a midfield 4 and that was always going to get the best of Coq and the Ox.

Its absolutely nothing to do with the team mate its far more than that. Conte pursued with the same formation at the start of the season with a couple of smash and grab wins and then came a draw at Swansea and terrible defeats to Liverpool and Arsenal. Conte changed the whole system far more than just "bringing in a destroyer", he's playing players who never had a role at the club i.e Moses. The whole club has a feel good factor more than ever before. I was blinded last season but now seeing/hearing Jose week in week out this season i see who is to blame.

It's been decent tactically but the Prem has been poor this year. Chelsea need solid additions because you'll be destroyed in Europe in the team's current form.

Saying you'd rather have him than Pep is a huge stretch.

Conte has done well with a squad primarily consisting of workhorses. Kante is a top B2B destroyer but there are quite a few players I'd rather have.

You seriously for real???? On what basis do you believe we will be destroyed in Europe??? And what areas need new "solid" additions because when i look at the squad i see excellent players already in most positions. And its not our fault opposition have been poor is it??

And yes i actually always have disliked Pep i'd never want him anywhere near my club. I do not want a manager who believes football is a style of play more so the only style of play. Football is so excellent because there are many ways to play why is his the only way acceptable? And who are these players you'd rather have over Kante and i'm talking Premier League based players here???

I have no idea who you support however i'd hazard a guess and say its not Chelsea because your talking ***** bud.

Damola supports Biesla and his disciples as his first team, Arsenal as his second.

Kante's been the biggest difference to us this season without a doubt, and also 88% pass completion average the 6th best in the team and 1.2 dribbles successful per game also 6th in our team. He does far far more than just break up play i've watched every 90 minutes with him this season trust me he's more an all rounder than you think he contributes loads.

And on Neville he isn't clueless at all, you could see it so easily soon as Arsenal's full backs pushed forward Hazard and Pedro slotted in the space behind them and soon as we won possession back they were away in tonnes of space. Both Pedro and Hazard played very narrowly when we didn't have the ball basically making a midfield 4 and that was always going to get the best of Coq and the Ox.

Its absolutely nothing to do with the team mate its far more than that. Conte pursued with the same formation at the start of the season with a couple of smash and grab wins and then came a draw at Swansea and terrible defeats to Liverpool and Arsenal. Conte changed the whole system far more than just "bringing in a destroyer", he's playing players who never had a role at the club i.e Moses. The whole club has a feel good factor more than ever before. I was blinded last season but now seeing/hearing Jose week in week out this season i see who is to blame.

You seriously for real???? On what basis do you believe we will be destroyed in Europe??? And what areas need new "solid" additions because when i look at the squad i see excellent players already in most positions. And its not our fault opposition have been poor is it??

And yes i actually always have disliked Pep i'd never want him anywhere near my club. I do not want a manager who believes football is a style of play more so the only style of play. Football is so excellent because there are many ways to play why is his the only way acceptable? And who are these players you'd rather have over Kante and i'm talking Premier League based players here???

I have no idea who you support however i'd hazard a guess and say its not Chelsea because your talking ***** bud.
First point on Kante. If you think he's an all rounder, you need to watch other leagues. Watch Naby Keita, Dahoud, Cyprien or Tolisso. His passing and dribbling aren't exactly great. Best destroyer in the world though. Pass completion rate tells us nothing about quality.

Secondly, Neville is the best of the pundits who haven't got a clue though I sort of agree about the full backs. Given their inefficiencies going forward, there should have been inversions to prevent counter attacks. This is more than just 'full back error'. It's a systematic error. I recommend you read this article to broaden your understanding.
A statement on English football’s problems | Spielverlagerung.com

I never said it's your fault that the opposition is poor. Reality is that Moses/Alonso (I like him as a player), Cahill, maybe Luiz, Pedro and maybe Matic aren't of the required calibre of starting 11 to win the champions league. The premier league has been poor this year. An embarrassment the last 3. Credit to Conte for getting the best out of the squad.

By the way, Conte applies many of the same principles Pep Guardiola does. It's not just a style of play. Juego de Posicion is a method of playing. A means to an end. Fabregas, Xhaka, Pogba, Carrick, Gundogan and Alli are players I'd rather have.

First point on Kante. If you think he's an all rounder, you need to watch other leagues. Watch Naby Keita, Dahoud, Cyprien or Tolisso. His passing and dribbling aren't exactly great. Best destroyer in the world though. Pass completion rate tells us nothing about quality.

Secondly, Neville is the best of the pundits who haven't got a clue though I sort of agree about the full backs. Given their inefficiencies going forward, there should have been inversions to prevent counter attacks. This is more than just 'full back error'. It's a systematic error. I recommend you read this article to broaden your understanding.
A statement on English football’s problems | Spielverlagerung.com

I never said it's your fault that the opposition is poor. Reality is that Moses/Alonso (I like him as a player), Cahill, maybe Luiz, Pedro and maybe Matic aren't of the required calibre of starting 11 to win the champions league. The premier league has been poor this year. An embarrassment the last 3. Credit to Conte for getting the best out of the squad.

By the way, Conte applies many of the same principles Pep Guardiola does. It's not just a style of play. Juego de Posicion is a method of playing. A means to an end. Fabregas, Xhaka, Pogba, Carrick, Gundogan and Alli are players I'd rather have.

I never said Kante was a sensational all rounder i'm stating he does far more than "just intercept" as you stated and as i stated i've watched every minute of his Chelsea career to date and he's something else he really is.

Cahill, Luiz, Pedo all players who have a European title to their name already remember...... And as you know not always the best squads win the Champions League its the ones with the best harmony etc, Leicester case in point last season and even Chelsea back in 2012. You need more than just a world class 11 to win you the champions league. I agree on Matic we could upgrade on him and we have some excellent players who can come back in too from loan that's without spending some of the money we've made this season in player sales in the summer. Yes we need improving but who doesn't?

Conte actually preaches defending something which is massively needed in the game. He'd also recognise that in some games if we go gun ho we'll get taken apart so he will adapt to a pragmatic approach.

Look i totally understand you've had a bad day but a lot of what your saying is coming across quite poorly. Each to their own mind.

For what it's worth, Damola has some crazy opinions, but they're never usually stemmed from any ill feelings (ie; losing today). I've seen him call Kante overrated before on the United thread, not that I agree with him, but it's not something he's came up with today just because Chelsea beat Arsenal. It's his actual opinion. Had a bit of a barney with him over saying something similar about Herrera too.

Back