The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
You pick your battles at the wrong time d.

You're not winning anything after you just lost to the team you're now 5 games behind given the GD. However valid or not your points may be.

I agree with Damola. This squad in its current form will not make it far in the Champions League. We need to make some solid additions this summer. Word out of the club is that they are looking to make 5 key signings which sounds ideal. Lets see how it all pans out.

We need a high quality CB, FB and RW. And of course a ST if Costa stupidly decided to go to China.

I agree with Damola. This squad in its current form will not make it far in the Champions League. We need to make some solid additions this summer. Word out of the club is that they are looking to make 5 key signings which sounds ideal. Lets see how it all pans out.

We need a high quality CB, FB and RW. And of course a ST if Costa stupidly decided to go to China.
I think you've got more than enough to do well in the CL! Not bad when you can bring Pedro, Willian, Cesc, Zouma, Batshuyi of the bench on Zouma is fit again can see him replacing Moses and Azp slotting in at RWB. Only need a couple additions to strengthen for next season.

Got to say watching a good half hour's highlights of that this morning, as **** poor as Arsenal were (that defending on the Hazard goal ..... Man that's EPICALLY bad at any level. Let alone the very top level), they still had more than enough brilliant chances to of taken at least a draw out of that. That Gabriel header is just about the worst of the bunch. How you head it straight at the 'keeper, 6 yards out with a free run on the ball is anyones guess?

All massive game changing moments. One side takes theirs. The other doesn't. That's football. *Sunday morning cliché me.

Arsenal definitely had some good chances but I watched the whole thing and it would have been a complete injustice if Chelsea hadn't won. They were far superior in every facet

Got to say watching a good half hour's highlights of that this morning, as **** poor as Arsenal were (that defending on the Hazard goal ..... Man that's EPICALLY bad at any level. Let alone the very top level), they still had more than enough brilliant chances to of taken at least a draw out of that. That Gabriel header is just about the worst of the bunch. How you head it straight at the 'keeper, 6 yards out with a free run on the ball is anyones guess?

All massive game changing moments. One side takes theirs. The other doesn't. That's football. *Sunday morning cliché me.

We had plenty of chances to put the game to bed and be up by 2-3 goals first half alone as well.

Chelsea were 6/10 good, and didnt need to be any better, such is the sheer control they had and how poor Arsenal were. Excellent stuff, and bodes well for the CL. A few reinforcements and you will be terrifying in the CL next season

Just seen probably the most ridiculous rumour of the day Inter to swoop in Chelsea and appoint Conte as coach somehow just don't think its going to happen....

I never said Kante was a sensational all rounder i'm stating he does far more than "just intercept" as you stated and as i stated i've watched every minute of his Chelsea career to date and he's something else he really is.

Cahill, Luiz, Pedo all players who have a European title to their name already remember...... And as you know not always the best squads win the Champions League its the ones with the best harmony etc, Leicester case in point last season and even Chelsea back in 2012. You need more than just a world class 11 to win you the champions league. I agree on Matic we could upgrade on him and we have some excellent players who can come back in too from loan that's without spending some of the money we've made this season in player sales in the summer. Yes we need improving but who doesn't?

Conte actually preaches defending something which is massively needed in the game. He'd also recognise that in some games if we go gun ho we'll get taken apart so he will adapt to a pragmatic approach.

Look i totally understand you've had a bad day but a lot of what your saying is coming across quite poorly. Each to their own mind.
Kante is a top class b2b destroyer. The best in the world in that role, however I think other aspects of his game are overrated. Similar to Rooney in midfield. The reality is that there are other midfielders than can do what Kante does plus create and destroy. I recommend watching Naby Keita of RBL. He's got top 3 potential.

Chelsea were 6/10 good, and didnt need to be any better, such is the sheer control they had and how poor Arsenal were. Excellent stuff, and bodes well for the CL. A few reinforcements and you will be terrifying in the CL next season
Chelsea are far off the UCL. This may not be popular but the players Chelsea have been linked with aren't impressive other than Kolasinac. Remember that Chelsea don't have the best squad in the Premier League. Arsenal and especially United are well ahead. Chelsea have good coaching on their side.

In my opinion, Chelsea should be looking at players like Keita, N'Zonzi, Mbappe and Emerson etc to reach the next level.

I think 'terrifying' is exaggerating it a bit Mike. A lot will depend on our additions in the transfer market and whether we can retain Costa. We caught a lot of teams by surprise this season with the change in our tactics. Will not be the same next season. Tactical flexibility will be key.

I think 'terrifying' is exaggerating it a bit Mike. A lot will depend on our additions in the transfer market and whether we can retain Costa. We caught a lot of teams by surprise this season with the change in our tactics. Will not be the same next season. Tactical flexibility will be key.
It was more of a case of us being bad. Costa is pretty much gone BTW. Looks like he'll be replaced by Morata.

Alc, you already have that tactical flexibility. I don't Chelsea as a suprise package like Leicester were

Chelsea are far off the UCL. This may not be popular but the players Chelsea have been linked with aren't impressive other than Kolasinac. Remember that Chelsea don't have the best squad in the Premier League. Arsenal and especially United are well ahead. Chelsea have good coaching on their side.

In my opinion, Chelsea should be looking at players like Keita, N'Zonzi, Mbappe and Emerson etc to reach the next level.

Eh? We have barely been linked to anyone tbf. Our strongest link was to Morata whom you love.

I do agree with you though. Our squad is really not as good as the league table suggests. Even before this season, I was happy with Top 4 and I would still be happy with that if we lose the title. However, next summer we have the opportunity to get back into the elite group of clubs. We cannot waste it.

Here is a hypothetical. If you were in-charge at Chelsea, who would you buy and why?

The kind of players Chelsea will be able to target is about to change vastly. Going from no europe to Prem champions.

It was more of a case of us being bad. Costa is pretty much gone BTW. Looks like he'll be replaced by Morata.

I wouldn't say for sure. He has a reputation for flip-flopping on these issues. Club was dead confident he would sign a new contract in January before his shenanigans. Lets see because we will demand an arm and a leg for him and we have him tied down till 2019.

Alc, you already have that tactical flexibility. I don't Chelsea as a suprise package like Leicester were

I am not so sure Mike. Conte experimented with a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 earlier in the season but it did not work out well. We need big upgrades to our defense especially. Do you think Christensen coming back will be enough? Also the lack of a back-up to Costa is just downright scary.

You need Morata, or a player of his ilk.

Need Christiensen plus one more at CB at least

Back