The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Yeah I just checked, he did a Leicester in Romanian league and won the title with relegation candidate team.

They put up a good show in the UCL too, but the owner got greedy and took all the prize money the club made, and put it into his pocket. Petrescu had a decent run in Russia too, but after that it all went downhill.
I remember the news here when he was on a high: Abramovich wants to replace whoever was being fired at the time at Chelsea with Dan Petrescu. He was a bit like Conte when it comes to expressing himself on the sideline, with a bit of good old romanian "everyone is against us, trying to rob us" mentality. Good manager though.

By the way, what the **** happened to Negredo? He makes Torres look like a world beater.

^^^^^ Lot of talk in Italy that Inter are gonna' make a hard play for him being as Simeone looks set to stay another year the new stadium at least in Madrid.

Now I don't believe a God **** thing that comes out of either Italy or Spain, they have SO much copy to fill. But that's the buzz in Milan FWIW.

The 'Conte to Inter' train out of Milan is only going to intensify now.

Think he will stay 1 more season. And for what it's worth Matt Law said he's been told the same by someone close to him.

Can't imagine him leaving at all, unless his family doesn't like London. Inter would be a move far down the ladder.

Never in a million years did I think we would win the title this season. Not after all the hype surrounding Guardiola's entry at City. Not after the mind-boggling sums of money Jose was spending at United. Not after how Klopp already had a full summer with Liverpool and had come to terms with the league.

Full credit to Conte. He got the best out from the players he was given.

Never in a million years did I think we would win the title this season. Not after all the hype surrounding Guardiola's entry at City. Not after the mind-boggling sums of money Jose was spending at United. Not after how Klopp already had a full summer with Liverpool and had come to terms with the league.

Full credit to Conte. He got the best out from the players he was given.
Come on now Jose spend after sales was about 100m hardly mind boggling lol. I give huge credit to Conte he's been fantastic. Let's see how he does now with CL. And most probably losing 1-2 of yours best players at least 1 for sure. And let's see how he fairs against both Manchester clubs who have been there a season and have the squad of players the 2 managers actually want. Tbh Pool were never gonna be a challenge. They simply don't have the squad Chelsea have. But no doubt Pool will back Klopp and they will be a better quality side next season.

Come on now Jose spend after sales was about 100m hardly mind boggling lol. I give huge credit to Conte he's been fantastic. Let's see how he does now with CL. And most probably losing 1-2 of yours best players at least 1 for sure. And let's see how he fairs against both Manchester clubs who have been there a season and have the squad of players the 2 managers actually want. Tbh Pool were never gonna be a challenge. They simply don't have the squad Chelsea have. But no doubt Pool will back Klopp and they will be a better quality side next season.

Sales can be whatever. A world record transfer fee is a world record transfer fee. No getting away from that. Even the sums paid to Zlatan are crazy even though he is a on a free transfer.

Also many people forget that Conte does not have the squad he wants either. He wanted many players last summer but only got Kante from his wishlist. He then proceeded to get the best out of the players he did have unlike Jose or Pep which is why so many people are giving hin huge credit for the title win. No excuses about not having his own players. He did the best with what he had.

Also Jose asked for 4 players last summer and got all of them. If he does not have the squad he wants, thats his own fault because Woody backed him unconditionally in the transfer market which Conte never got from us unfortunately.

Agree next season with CL will be tougher. However I am optimistic. Our players are used to playing European football and challenging for the league unlike Liverpool. We are gearing up for a huge summer. KTBFFH!

The Mancheser apologists are tiresome.

City were trying hard to get Pep for years. They knew he was coming at least one year in advance. If they could not get a squad ready for him then thats on them. First season in England for Pep? Guess what, its the same for Conte.

Woody backed Jose unconditionally in the transfer market. Look back last summer and see how Utd fans were gleefully pointing out how Woody got Jose all the 4 players he asked for spending a world record sum on one. Now to turn around and say this is not Jose's squad is nonsense. If its not then thats on Jose. Guess what, Conte never got backed like this in the market. He only got Kante from his wishlist. No Koulibaly or Nainngollan. Solution? Get the best out the players he does have. Something which Jose never did.

A lot of people snide at his win. He took over a team whose confidence was in tatters and where most of the key players wanted to leave. He rebuilt them back into Champions despite not being backed fully in the transfer market and getting the players he really wanted. A monumental achievement and testament to pure coaching as opposed to buying the best players and winning titles.

..... Tbh Pool were never gonna be a challenge. They simply don't have the squad Chelsea have. But no doubt Pool will back Klopp and they will be a better quality side next season.

Injuries. I think you meant to word that 'Chelsea simply haven't had to deal with the key injuries L'pool have.' ;).

Chelsea's squad isn't that deep in quality at all outside players 14/15. They've just been lucky with the hand they've been dealt this year. Ala Leicester last.

Last edited:
Back