The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
That's inaccurate wkd, for a start to suggest Willian has been poor for years is rubbish, he was Chelseas best player in Joses last season and was great in the title winning season year before.

It was a chelsea fans view on his squad, you could prob argue a few but the point it still valid. Squad harmony and form was in the toilet when Jose left and Conte came in. To get from 10th to Winners by 10 points, and shuffle players into new roles/formation is ******* amazing in this day and age in the EPL

It was a chelsea fans view on his squad, you could prob argue a few but the point it still valid. Squad harmony and form was in the toilet when Jose left and Conte came in. To get from 10th to Winners by 10 points, and shuffle players into new roles/formation is ******* amazing in this day and age in the EPL

I think the squad harmony was alright personally, they just had stopped playing for Jose because he had lost the dressing room for whatever reason.

I'd disagree with a lot of that guys description, he had a lot of quality at his disposal that rivals anything else in the league.

That's not downplaying Conte this season, but he hasn't done a miracle job some would make out, they were just champions the season before last with a similar squad that dominated the league. Add the improvement of Kante and co to that.

There were issues when he came in, but not big ones, the issue was more the harmony between manager (Mourinho) and squad than it was within the squad itself.

Nah, to get the from the level they were at, to the level they were as an unknown it great work for me. Not like he had a few players in the dressing room that already knew him from other clubs or internationally either. Starting from scratch to Champions.

Hes done some great man management work in getting poor players (Moses/Alonso) into champions form for me, especially in this league.

Nah, to get the from the level they were at, to the level they were as an unknown it great work for me. Not like he had a few players in the dressing room that already knew him from other clubs or internationally either. Starting from scratch to Champions.

Hes done some great man management work in getting poor players (Moses/Alonso) into champions form for me, especially in this league.

Yes but it's not on the same level as say a Leicester team! He was still working with serious quality throughout the squad. Which is where our guy with the description was sorely wrong.

Yes but it's not on the same level as say a Leicester team! He was still working with serious quality throughout the squad. Which is where our guy with the description was sorely wrong.

I wouldnt say throughout, some yes. Alot nah, not on the form they were in for me,

We can call it 50/50 - Conte Genius/Mou Madness. lol.

This summer is incredibly important. Either we stand still and let the rest of the EPL clubs catch up like we did after winning the title in the 14/15 season or we strengthen well and elevate ourselves properly into the top tier of European clubs alongside Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona.

For me, the summer transfers must achieve two aims. One is to add world class players who can slot readily into our first team and make it genuinely capable of winning the CL. The other is to add depth to our squad so we can effectively compete on 4 fronts.

Here are my predictions...

Bakayoko and Van Dijk will be signed early. Both add depth and some tactical flexibility to our squad. Christensen will be returning to fight for a first team spot. Ake will remain to provide cover across a variety of positions. Zouma will likely go on loan to play regular minutes. Terry is gone in the summer.

We will aim for either Morata or Lukaku as our top striker target this summer. Who we aim for will likely be dictated by finances more than anything else. If Costa leaves, we will likely use the money from his sale to go for Lukaku. If Costa stays, we will go for Morata who will cost significantly less and can play effectively in a two striker formation as well.

Sanchez will be the saga of the summer. No doubt he will push very strongly for a move. It depends on whether Arsenal are resolute enough to reject advances from EPL clubs. No doubt Chelsea will be interested and signing him would really be the cherry on the cake.

Not sure who the targets are at wing-backs. Rumours say principal targets are David Alaba and Alex Sandro which are very tough signings. Lets see...

We have CL money next season and the £60m from the Oscar sale so all this business is very much possible.

This summer is incredibly important. Either we stand still and let the rest of the EPL clubs catch up like we did after winning the title in the 14/15 season or we strengthen well and elevate ourselves properly into the top tier of European clubs alongside Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona.

For me, the summer transfers must achieve two aims. One is to add world class players who can slot readily into our first team and make it genuinely capable of winning the CL. The other is to add depth to our squad so we can effectively compete on 4 fronts.

Bakayoko and Van Dijk will be signed early. Both add depth and some tactical flexibility to our squad. Christensen will be returning to fight for a first team spot. Ake will remain to provide cover across a variety of positions. Zouma will likely go on loan to play regular minutes. Terry is gone in the summer.

We will aim for either Morata or Lukaku as our top striker target this summer. Who we aim for will likely be dictated by finances more than anything else. If Costa leaves, we will likely use the money from his sale to go for Lukaku. If Costa stays, we will go for Morata who will cost significantly less and can play effectively in a two striker formation as well.

Sanchez will be the saga of the summer. No doubt he will push very strongly for a move. It depends on whether Arsenal are resolute enough to reject advances from EPL clubs. No doubt Chelsea will be interested and signing him would really be the cherry on the cake.

Not sure who the targets are at wing-backs. Rumours say principal targets are David Alaba and Alex Sandro which are very tough signings. Lets see...

We have CL money next season and the £60m from the Oscar sale so all this business is very much possible.
They would be class signing tbh. But most seem unrealistic especially Alaba and Sandro. Also I'm sure I read Saints manager saying that VVD won't be sold at any cost next season as the player has agreed to stay. Think Lukaku more likely than Morata who will want to play 90% of games and the reason he wants out of Madrid. Could see Sanchez for sure he likes London, but if it's true Bayern and Carlo have already made strong advances. One thing is for sure there is gonna be big bucks spent and some huge players moving this Summer potentially- Costa, Hazard, Sanchez, Ozil, DDG, Lukaku, Morata, Griezmann, Barkley, Dier, Walker, Fabinho, Silva, Mbappe, Mendy, Saul, Varane, James, Gimenez, Matuidi, Lacazette, Augbamyang, Tolliso, Kessie. It's gonna be exciting for a lot of fans! :)

They would be class signing tbh. But most seem unrealistic especially Alaba and Sandro. Also I'm sure I read Saints manager saying that VVD won't be sold at any cost next season as the player has agreed to stay. Think Lukaku more likely than Morata who will want to play 90% of games and the reason he wants out of Madrid. Could see Sanchez for sure he likes London, but if it's true Bayern and Carlo have already made strong advances. One thing is for sure there is gonna be big bucks spent and some huge players moving this Summer potentially- Costa, Hazard, Sanchez, Ozil, DDG, Lukaku, Morata, Griezmann, Barkley, Dier, Walker, Fabinho, Silva, Mbappe, Mendy, Saul, Varane, James, Gimenez, Matuidi, Lacazette, Augbamyang, Tolliso, Kessie. It's gonna be exciting for a lot of fans! :)

The only signing that is unrealistic there is probably David Alaba. The rest are fair game. Saints Manager needs to make sure he is staying next season before he comments on his players and either way, words mean little.

Also Hazard is going nowhere. No way Chelsea will sell him this summer. It will take a world record bid to get us to even come to the negotiating table.

The only signing that is unrealistic there is probably David Alaba. The rest are fair game. Saints Manager needs to make sure he is staying next season before he comments on his players and either way, words mean little.

Also Hazard is going nowhere. No way Chelsea will sell him this summer. It will take a world record bid to get us to even come to the negotiating table.
Was saying on Sunday Supp that Saints manager is safe. Could easily see Madrid paying a world record fee for Hazard especially if Morata, Varane, Navas and James all leave. Can't see Sandro leaving Juve. Will be interesting that's for sure and I'm sure Conte has already started on plans to take Chelsea on again challenging for all comps next season. Defo needs a bigger squad to do that.

Hope he stays, Atlanta just made it to Europa League he would get very good experience and playing time by staying there. But if big bid is coming, they wont have any hope keeping him.

I do too. For his sake and his development. Atalanta is the best place for him right now. If anyone actually watched him and didn't just buy into the media hype, they'd know he was nowhere near ready to be a regular contributor the PL. I hope Milan get him but work out one of those cutesy Italian deals to have him stay down the road in Bergamo for another year or two.

He's flashed very exciting potential. But that's all it is. Potential. But he's still in that 'very bitty, comes in spells' stage. Still a GOOD ways off some of the talk about him going to Utd/ Chelsea or wherever on here over this season and contributing to any significant degree. ****, he's 20, with just a one year as a Serie A player for Petes sake under his belt.

Let him grow and develop. Unless it was a club fully committed to youth development, moving to a big club where he'd get swallowed up the depth chart would be the worst possible step for the lad at this stage of his development.

Last edited:

Bakayoko and Van Dijk will be signed early. Both add depth and some tactical flexibility to our squad. .

Agreed. But unless Chelsea are relocating to the North West, there's a fair chance it won't be their colours he's wearing next year. ;)

Last edited:
Hope he stays, Atlanta just made it to Europa League he would get very good experience and playing time by staying there. But if big bid is coming, they wont have any hope keeping him.
Going to Roma by reports from good sources. Will be DOF first signing.

Was saying on Sunday Supp that Saints manager is safe. Could easily see Madrid paying a world record fee for Hazard especially if Morata, Varane, Navas and James all leave. Can't see Sandro leaving Juve. Will be interesting that's for sure and I'm sure Conte has already started on plans to take Chelsea on again challenging for all comps next season. Defo needs a bigger squad to do that.

Even a world record fee will not be enough to tempt Chelsea to sell Hazard. The club sees him as the type of player around whom the team and the image of the club will be built around for many years.

Even a world record fee will not be enough to tempt Chelsea to sell Hazard. The club sees him as the type of player around whom the team and the image of the club will be built around for many years.
Hope he stays and Chelsea tell them to do one if they do try. Hate top players leaving our league even if they do play for rivals. Will be sad to see possibly Sanchez, Costa, Ozil, DDG possibly plying there trades in other leagues next season!

I only got to see the highlights, but you could see that the guys in the back didn't play that much this season. All 3 goals came from my point of view after defensive mistakes. A win is a win, so we got that going for us. :D

You guys must be happy about what's coming out about Lukaku from Di Marzio?

£70m though! Jesus, makes Pogba look like a bargain if you ask me.

Lukaku scores goals don't get me wrong, but he still has fundamental flaws, first touch being one of them.

£70m though! Jesus, makes Pogba look like a bargain if you ask me.

Lukaku scores goals don't get me wrong, but he still has fundamental flaws, first touch being one of them.
Market sure is whack that's for sure. Fees this summer are gonna be out of this universe!

Back