The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
£70m though! Jesus, makes Pogba look like a bargain if you ask me.

Lukaku scores goals don't get me wrong, but he still has fundamental flaws, first touch being one of them.

It all depends on whether Costa leaves which is no longer a certainty.

Think he will, always came across as a bit of a snake to me. Quality player don't get me wrong.

He's looking to become best paid player in the world if he moves there. Few people would resist and only those already at the very top.

You guys must be happy about what's coming out about Lukaku from Di Marzio?

If its true then yeah buzzing, the lad scored goals in abundance especially in the premier league and if Costa was to leave for argument sake he would easily fill that void in the league.

What happened to Kenedy this season?

Basically played more minutes on Monday for us than he did in 6 months at Watford lol

Was watching Mondays game against yesterday and one clip told me everything we need to know about these players and what they think about Antonio Conte.

Chalobah gets the ball about 40 yards from goal and all you hear loud and clear is Conte scream "Eden, Eden", Chalobah then passes into Hazard instantly. Hazard has the ball right side of the box back to goal and then you hear Conte again "Go Kenedy Go", Kenedy then runs behind his marker Hazard plays him in behind and Kenedy forces a save out of Gomes with a cross/shot. That led to a corner which resulted in Azpi's goal.

Need I say more

Think he will, always came across as a bit of a snake to me. Quality player don't get me wrong.

South Americans, and Africans are usually mercenaries, and in my opinion it simply boils down to the poverty in their region. It might trigger some SJW's, but it's the truth.

South Americans, and Africans are usually mercenaries, and in my opinion it simply boils down to the poverty in their region. It might trigger some SJW's, but it's the truth.
It also explains why players from those regions are usually the best in the world. They want it more because they know its their only chance to succeed in life. One of the reasons why our British youngsters perhaps don't live to their potential. It isn't a lack of technique or football skills, its because what motivation is needed to succeed when you've already got a multi-million pro contract that could set you up for life.

Last edited:
It also explains why players from those regions are usually the best in the world. They want it more because they know its their only chance to succeed it life. One of the reasons why our British youngsters perhaps don't live to their potential. It isn't a lack of technique or football skills, its because what motivation is needed to succeed when you've already got a multi-million pro contract that could set you up for life.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

I remember there was a very talented kid in Romania (forgot his name), who played for one of the big teams here. The thing is, he came from a very wealthy family, so as soon as he turned 18, he came to training with his Ferrari, while his colleagues in his age group were lucky to have a permit. Needless to say his career went to ****, after a rather promising start. Lack of proper education was his downfall, and obviously never having to work for anything in his life.

Wouldn't say it is only because ppl are rich or poor... Kids need to learn their place. Schools and sport clubs are a great place to learn about hierarchy and leadership. It is the way to learn to become a captain if you are coached well. Too bad talented players are often being made too comfortable for whatever reason instead of putting their feet on the ground and giving them tasks to take care of themselves and their team.

Was watching Mondays game against yesterday and one clip told me everything we need to know about these players and what they think about Antonio Conte.

Chalobah gets the ball about 40 yards from goal and all you hear loud and clear is Conte scream "Eden, Eden", Chalobah then passes into Hazard instantly. Hazard has the ball right side of the box back to goal and then you hear Conte again "Go Kenedy Go", Kenedy then runs behind his marker Hazard plays him in behind and Kenedy forces a save out of Gomes with a cross/shot. That led to a corner which resulted in Azpi's goal.

Need I say more

Yet when I shout **** like that at my computer screen on FM they never do it. Unrealistic + broken match engine.

This would be an absolute joke! However i reckon Sanchez will stay at Arsenal and leave for a free next season cashing in on the free transfer

Can't see him staying mate. He knows that he is in his prime right now and does not want to waste another year playing at Arsenal. He will move this summer no doubt imo but probably abroad.

Would love to know why John Terry hasn't had the coverage say Steven Gerrard got for example when leaving Liverpool? One of if not the best defender in premier league history yet barely got a mention by sky sports.

Would love to know why John Terry hasn't had the coverage say Steven Gerrard got for example when leaving Liverpool? One of if not the best defender in premier league history yet barely got a mention by sky sports.
Said on SS this morning that it's most likely to do with his off field stuff.

Probably because most of the fuss was used up when he was supposedly leaving last season, every pundits debate for weeks; "Why aren't Chelsea offering JT a new contract????" bla bla - maybe they are just half arsed now :P His lack of involvement this season could've also played a factor. Giggs, one of the PL all time greats, didn't quite get what he deserved too, sorta because he blended into the player manager/assistant manager instantly. **** happens. Their legacy amongst the fans and club, and their honours won are more important than some $ky $ports wankfest.

Guard of honor in the middle of a half wtf #johnterry #nofucksgiven

Probably because most of the fuss was used up when he was supposedly leaving last season, every pundits debate for weeks; "Why aren't Chelsea offering JT a new contract????" bla bla - maybe they are just half arsed now :P His lack of involvement this season could've also played a factor. Giggs, one of the PL all time greats, didn't quite get what he deserved too, sorta because he blended into the player manager/assistant manager instantly. **** happens. Their legacy amongst the fans and club, and their honours won are more important than some $ky $ports wankfest.

Pretty much, Gerrard just timed it better.

Back