The Chelsea Thread

Decent little cameo from Musonda today in which he got a great assist. Think he needs a good loan playing regular football somewhere as at 21 he certainly isn’t playing enough football here and he clearly possesses the talent to be a fantastic player.

That second goal was **** worthy stuff. But how were Brighton denied 2 stone wall penalties. Shocking officiating!

As hilarious as all this seems, I am not sure why people are ignoring the fact that the two players we are closest to signing are Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri. Its almost like the summer when everyone was ******* themselves lauging that we had ‘apparently’ replaced Matic with Drinkwater.

And to add that Drinkwater has actually been pretty decent. I guess if its not some shiny new foreign player, we automatically assume they are ****.

Chelsea’s scouting department is probably the best in the league. All the star players at rival clubs like Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku were first discovered by us. Christensen and Courtois were also discovered by us and are now first-teamers. Not sure how many clubs can claim to have such a track record in discovering potential talent in the past few years.

And to add that Drinkwater has actually been pretty decent. I guess if its not some shiny new foreign player, we automatically assume they are ****.

Chelsea’s scouting department is probably the best in the league. All the star players at rival clubs like Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku were first discovered by us. Christensen and Courtois were also discovered by us and are now first-teamers. Not sure how many clubs can claim to have such a track record in discovering potential talent in the past few years.

The Liverpool reserves wave hello

Also it is quite easy to sign a lot of talented youngsters when you literally sign every other footballer under 20 who could be decent. Give me a chance to pick out 100 players under 20 and I'm sure I would get some good signings in

Last edited:
That's some retelling on Salah. L'pool had him before we dillied and delayed the contract and Chelsea swooped in.

That's some retelling on Salah. L'pool had him before we dillied and delayed the contract and Chelsea swooped in.

Discovered is a bit of stretch for some of those names as well. Salah was playing Europa league quarters at Basel.

The Liverpool reserves wave hello

Also it is quite easy to sign a lot of talented youngsters when you literally sign every other footballer under 20 who could be decent. Give me a chance to pick out 100 players under 20 and I'm sure I would get some good signings in

Any statistics to back up your second paragraph that Chelsea supposedly sign significantly more young players than any other big club?

Emerson, Barkley and Giroud are all moves that really should have been sealed in the summer.

Many would say, not least his 'supposed' own who couldn't wait to get rid of him, Barkley is a move that should never have happened at any point for any club with serious aspirations.

Many would say, not least his 'supposed' own who couldn't wait to get rid of him, Barkley is a move that should never have happened at any point for any club with serious aspirations.

Well he is coming in as 5th choice CM at a dirt cheap price so little downside for us.