The Chelsea Thread

Yeh I think we can now say that this dressing room gets poisoned very quickly when things are going badly.

Mourinho's last season was awful, but Conte's is going in a similar direction.

It can't always be down to the manager so have to seriously question the players... when things go bad... they fold.

Yeh I think we can now say that this dressing room gets poisoned very quickly when things are going badly.

It can't always be down to the manager so have to seriously question the players... when things go bad... they fold.
Yet it won't be the players who get the blame it will be Conte.

The players haven't completely downed tools this season though like they did under Jose. While of course I agree the current form is also down to the players as well as conte he certainly doesn't help himself constantly sticking to a system that's not currently working and refusing to drop players well out of form e.g bakayoko and Cahill instead of changing a few things up to try and improve results.

Also our season really isn't going as badly as some people like to make out. Only seems worse because of how far ahead city are of the rest of the league and because this time last year us ourselves were sitting pretty at the top of the league

Out of curiosity, where would you personally turn the summer to replace him man?

Welcome back Rodgers? Go totally mad and go for the bounce of the returning legend Terry? Would Carleto come back? And is the money even there to switch to his style of football quickly? Simeone?

Pretty slim pickings out there right now.

Out of curiosity, where would you personally turn the summer to replace him man?

Welcome back Rodgers? Go totally mad and go for the bounce of the returning legend Terry? Would Carleto come back? And is the money even there to switch to his style of football quickly? Simeone?

Pretty slim pickings out there right now.

I'd stick with Antonio personally unless our season really does go to **** which I don't see tbh. We will finish in the top 4 I think and we have a great chance for another good FA cup run. If he is to get the boot though I honestly don't think Rodgers would be as bad as some Chelsea fans are making out.

I'd stick with Antonio personally unless our season really does go to **** which I don't see tbh. We will finish in the top 4 I think and we have a great chance for another good FA cup run. If he is to get the boot though I honestly don't think Rodgers would be as bad as some Chelsea fans are making out.

Be real surprised personally if he's not back in Italy. By all accounts, there was a real struggle to stop him walking this past summer wasn't there with the conflict with those above him? But you'd know more than me.

You'd absolutely love the style of football under Rodgers where he ever to be in charge. Fast. Exciting. Always attacking. Always plays to win. He really is an innovative, real good coach. Just all the other stuff that takes up a managers commitment the top end these days he falls down on. But when he's out on the training pitch preparing ..... Hopefully, the experience he's had with Celtic and the phenomenal success the last few years will have rounded him out more for when he does ultimately come back down South.

He get's a terrible rep from most L'pool fans too which is completely unfair. Yeah, he needed to go no question. It had gotten completely toxic the back end and everyone was as low as we'd been since Hodgson. Not all his own doing. The owners back then had the club in a terrible mess with the structure they had the manager working under. A man who should never have gotten the gig. Nobody should ever be 'learning on the job' like that at Liverpool FC. But you can't blame him for taking it. And when all said and done, he got the club to within a game of the title. The closest it's been in 27 years. And he's never had a bad word to say about anything since he left. Always talking in glowing terms on the football club and support.

I'll never get the hatred many have toward him. It just didn't work out. That's football.

Last edited:
Well, to be honest, if he came in Chelsea as it is, it's gonna be his tenure at Liverpool all over again. Club is going to buy players and he's gonna have to fit them. And, with his philosophy of football, it's not gonna end well. He needs specific type of players so he should be the one to pick them. Not some board. Not Marina. Not any DoF. He need to do it himself. And with Chelsea previous history, it's not gonna happen.

Rodgers could be a short term success with Chelsea, you guys have more defensive organisation than Liverpool did when he took over. Couple that with his attacking ability and who knows what could be achieved? Of course, over time the defensive organisation probably disappears but for a season or two, you never know. Think Roberto Martinez at Everton after Moyes

This is in no way meant as any slight on Chelsea, before someone runs with it the wrong way, but man alive if this is Barcelona they're horrid.

Won't happen on this evidence but I'd love to play these the next round. We'd rip them to shreds on this evidence.

*Edit* But then they have Messi to bail them out.

Last edited:
Like I was saying on the United a few months back, Barca are a sinking ship. Mind boggling how this side are walking to a league title, worst Barca side of the last 12+ years. They're ****** when Messi retires/declines, as they're losing their identity and their transfer policy is an eyebrow raiser to say the least.

Like I was saying on the United a few months back, Barca are a sinking ship. Mind boggling how this side are walking to a league title, worst Barca side of the last 12+ years. They're ****** when Messi retires/declines, as they're losing their identity and their transfer policy is an eyebrow raiser to say the least.

Defo. Like 10 has-beens and Messi. Begs the question just how poor has the rest of La Liga, namely Madrid, been this year for them to be so far clear? But then Madrid are seemingly only arsed about a 12th European Cup.

Enjoy your new home Phil. Although after being dropped fro the good of the team for being P poor, then having your car towed and house burgled, this probably isn't the time to say that.

Watched the MOTD highlights last night having seen nottin' the game.

Chelsea extremely unfortunate to not get at least a draw based off of those. Surprised Conte wasn't making more of the Moratta non-equaliser that should have stood. Mourinho would have been going ballistic the other way round.

Watched the MOTD highlights last night having seen nottin' the game.

Chelsea extremely unfortunate to not get at least a draw based off of those. Surprised Conte wasn't making more of the Moratta non-equaliser that should have stood. Mourinho would have been going ballistic the other way round.

Because Morata was as offside as Mata. And Jose didnt complain then either. Chelsea were awful second half and got exact what they deserved from the game: nothing.

Sure didn't look off-side when the ball was played the still the telly last night. Shrugs.

Chelsea should of strengthened better after winning the league last season. All there signings have been pretty bad and didn’t improve on what they had in any way!

Chelsea should of strengthened better after winning the league last season. All there signings have been pretty bad and didn’t improve on what they had in any way!

We do the same after every successful season! Think we can just stick with what we’ve got and they will carry on delivering the goods! With the premier league as competitive as it has ever been it is vital to strengthen and freshen certain areas up pretty much every window now days! Would of thought the club had learnt from their mistakes after the horror show of 2015/2016 but clearly they haven’t.

Champions of England and we are set up and playing like you’d expect a low league club visiting city in the cup. Embarrassing.