The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Man are these kids are donkeys or what. My grandpa could defend better.

Oh, there's undoubtedly still big racial problems in this Country. Black and white. That's a society issue as much as we've made massive strides forward. But the suggestion that black footballers are being judged/ treated differently by the media because of the colour of their skin ....

I said 'wow' as that was the simplest and politest response I could give without getting into the same overt bigotry and racism being thrown around from those trying to make a point of condoning it.

That kind of underlying agenda, which it is for it to come out like that, ****** any decent person off. Regardless of colour or creed. The suggestion that black athletes are treated differently by the mainstream media down to the colour of their skin ..... Yeah, I find that abhorrent in 2018 that anyone would even try run with that outdated stereotype. That's as much part of any problem as anything else.

F-me, Carragher and Neville lead a F-ing media witchhunt against Karius last year that was beyond disgraceful and lead to the manager, surprisingly for him, caving when he never should have and taking him out of the limelight after a mere 10 games. Uncannily, the very LAST thing anyone thought of was that it was because he was a White Northern European. Or Lovren getting scandalously pulled from pillar to post the media when he's had a couple of years of personal **** to deal with off the park. Should we go equate that to a colored counter-part maybe going through just as poor run of form but not getting the same press? No, because that would absolutely batshit ludicrous.

But I'm not getting into an argument on race. As that's what it will fast become. An argument as people, naturally, with such emotion at play, get heated. So I'm walking away from this leaving you all to it. As eye-opening as it's been .

You might want to have a look at the witch hunt in the sun and daily mail of Pogba and Sterling, the latter had it for 2 years

I wouldn't read either personally. Nor would I advise anyone to. But I can certainly sympathise and understand your anger to anything either of those **** poor excuse for journalism write. That does need highlighting and people educating. (Although your average Brit that reads either is pretty much beyond hope of being a decent minded member of society IMHO but that's a whole other can of worms.).

The S*n speaks for itself and the Daily Third Reich is just that. Not a more right-wing, agenda filled, Nationalistic, racist, xenophobic piece of absolute hate-filled, agenda driven garbage out there.

Thankfully, as low a standard as a **** of a lot of British journalism has sunk to, they aren't the norm in that attitude today and I'd say most judge people, players in this case, on their own individual merits and not their skin colour/ ethnicity.

Publications like those two pieces of absolute _____ are mercifully now the exception and not worth much of anyone's time.

That match was pure footballing entertainment.
Really enjoyed it.

Don't fully understand the Barkley signing because as you said, RLC, has looked really good for Palace and brings similar traits to Ross.

But at 15M you can't help but take your hat off to Chelsea, considering the English costs, e.g. the Ox going for 40, Pickford going for 30, etc.

Don't fully understand the Barkley signing because as you said, RLC, has looked really good for Palace and brings similar traits to Ross.

But at 15M you can't help but take your hat off to Chelsea, considering the English costs, e.g. the Ox going for 40, Pickford going for 30, etc.

That's 15m for player who is free in the summer, no?

Feel sorry for RLC. Will spend his best developing years constantly on loan. Then end up back at Palace, Saint, Watford. Barkley defo worth a punt at that price. Glad we were never in for him. Thought Pickford and Ox both had longer on there contacts hence the bigger fee?

Feel sorry for RLC. Will spend his best developing years constantly on loan. Then end up back at Palace, Saint, Watford. Barkley defo worth a punt at that price. Glad we were never in for him. Thought Pickford and Ox both had longer on there contacts hence the bigger fee?

Makes sense, as would be a 30+M player in this market.

Don’t know a Blue that’s not ecstatic to be rid of the lazy waste of space with the bad ketwig.

If his time living it up L’pool thinking he was Billy big bollocks is anything to go by, London’s club owners will love him.

Attitude aside, can't deny his natural talent. Alongside Lallana, probably the rarest English man around at the moment with the tools they have respectively.

Stones has a shout of getting into that category too. RLC also potential to be a unique, Pogba-esque CM, but needs the correct developing.

All redundant with the attitude he has like.

Untill such point as he ever matures and fully dedicates himself to his craft, that’s a rival weakend by employing him.

When I think about it like this:

"
274c.png
In the summer, Ross Barkley pulled out of a medical at Chelsea after a £35m deal was agreed with Everton.
2705.png
Today, he's going to have a medical at Chelsea in a deal worth £15m.
1f4b0.png
He cost his boyhood club £20m."
#

Wouldn't surprise me if he was (cleverly) advised to do this by Chelsea.. If it was a premeditated plan, what a **** move from him.

..... If it was a premeditated plan, what a **** move from him.

Star pupil from 'School of Science' (STOP laughing the back) doing the maths as to how much more he can make.

Although he's not that bright. Probably think's he's a bargain the January sales!

Is Crystal Palace a dumping ground for clubs when they have a player with a poor attitude? :)

If he stays fit and gets his head down he can be a good player for us no doubt! Fingers crossed.

Hopefully he will be good for us. Every time someone says Ross Barkley, that brain dead challenge on Henderson comes to mind. Needlessly aggressive at points, but he can be great.

Back