The Chelsea Thread

Done with Conte now after that.

***** being a fan getting no entertainment isn't it?

Love Rafa. Real top bloke. But he stopped me going the match regularly as I started picking and choosing games as his philosophy is pretty much the same. And it bored you shitless most weeks sitting through it just to try get a point with anything else being a bonus.

***** being a fan getting no entertainment isn't it?

Love Rafa. Real top bloke. But he stopped me going the match regularly as I started picking and choosing games as his philosophy is pretty much the same. And it bored you shitless most weeks sitting through it just to try get a point with anything else being a bonus.

If we had given it a real go today and lost I’d of held my hands up and said fair enough at least the players tried and at least Conte had a game plan to try and win but we were beaten before the first whistle ffs! His talking up of city before the game followed by that pathetic set up was a disgrace. He just looks to have lost all interest to me and with top 4 looking more and more unlikely as the weeks go by I dread to think what will happen with Hazard/Courtois in the summer.

Our football under rafa wasn’t too bad to be honest haha Hazard Mata and Oscar linking up together was great to watch at times.

The media in this Country is mad inconsistent.

Yuse get (rightly) slaughtered for the negative approach at City. Utd are as negative in their own way yesterday, at home, need poor officiating to get them over the line, and get praise.

You wonder what these guys watch to analyse most times?

Tbf, there's a huge difference between parking the bus at 2-0 up, and walking around at 1-0 down.

Still relative though mate in the disparities in reporting.

Conte's naive and a disgrace. (He was.). Mourinho's a tactical genius. (He wasn't.).

And I'm glad you mentioned Chelsea walking around. I was trying to equate the respective negativity the media have taken different views on without comparing you fully to Chelsea at City. 'In their own way' was the best I could come up with. Shrugs. Which fair play to Utd worked for them. Nottin' wrong with that. Just amusing the contradictions in reporting from one week to the next.

We didn't pull off a masterclass yesterday, but we didn't need to. You were really poor. Lukaku bullied your CB who shouldn't be near an XI competing for CL/PL, Rashford gave TAA a bit of a doing. Sometimes, in an era of all these O.T.T tactics, football truly is a simple game. Target weaknesses.

According to the false narrative the media Utd/ Mourinho did which was the disparity on the reporting of the two games.

Just amused me reading the same press guys on separate weeks have different takes on ostensibly the same approach.

Should be sound on what you asked BTW but remind me the end the month.

Conte pretty much saying we’ve lost before even kicking a ball before a big game once more. Honestly you’d think his managing a side like palace or West Brom how negative he is about his squad and how much he claims to be “over achieving”. Yes our squad may not currently be up there with the very best but we still have a very good team which includes a few world class players who on their day can take on and beat anybody in world football!

Conte pretty much saying we’ve lost before even kicking a ball before a big game once more. Honestly you’d think his managing a side like palace or West Brom how negative he is about his squad and how much he claims to be “over achieving”. Yes our squad may not currently be up there with the very best but we still have a very good team which includes a few world class players who on their day can take on and beat anybody in world football!

Name one that's not Eden Hazard.

Name one that's not Eden Hazard.

Courtois and I’d say when right on their game Azpilicueta and Kante you could argue although admittedly now is not the really the best time to be saying that as Azpis form has dipped recently and although he has still been good and one of our better performers this season Kante certainly hasn’t hit the heights of last season.

Courtois and I’d say when right on their game Azpilicueta and Kante you could argue although admittedly now is not the really the best time to be saying that as Azpis form has dipped recently and although he has still been good and one of our better performers this season Kante certainly hasn’t hit the heights of last season.

Yeah, whole team is on back of one man. Thats the problem. I would guess things will change once Conte is gone.

Yeah, whole team is on back of one man. Thats the problem. I would guess things will change once Conte is gone.

honestly its a joke the levels Hazard is above the rest of the team at times. Really wouldn’t blame him in the summer if he did decide he has finally had enough of carrying us and decides he wants to move to a club where he can play alongside other superstars instead of being the one and only real superstar at Chelsea.

Quietly fancy Chelse here.

I'd rather go to Catalonia the quarters like than frigging London. But I don't fancy this Barcelona side at all so an upset wouldn't surprise me.

They deserved better than being 2 down TBF.

But mistakes and profligacy don't mix.
2 absolute joke goals to concede. What was Courtios doing on the first one. And the defence had nipped of to McDs for the second. Barca dominated that first half. Least Chelsea come out well in the second half.

oh dear twice in one night Courtois gets megged at his near post. More terrible defending giving the ball away.

Last edited: