The Chelsea Thread

I'd take Willian any day of the week. What a couple of games he had against Barça. The results were very hard on Chelsea.

Last edited:
Chelsea legend Frank Lampard appointed manager of Derby County on a 3 year deal.

Good luck to him. Really intelligent guy and I think he's got what it takes to be a manager.

Chelsea legend Frank Lampard appointed manager of Derby County on a 3 year deal.

Good luck to him. Really intelligent guy and I think he's got what it takes to be a manager.

Who do people think can be a top manager from recent former players?
Lampard at Derby
Gerrard at Rangers
Saw somewhere that Xabi going to real youth team.
Henry?
Arteta?
Vierra?
Who else?

Think Alonso will be good, unsure about Lampard, think Gerrard will struggle at Rangers.

I think the only thing that will go against Lamps, is that from what I hear Derby is walking an extremely fine line financially, and the club is very poorly run.

I'm not even a Chelsea fan (huge Lamps fan though) but I'm excited to see what happens.

What a waste of his better part of development years and most of his career

Many Stamford Bridge regulars will not have heard of Matej Delac and even fewer would recognise him, but the goalkeeper leaves #CFC without a hint of regret, writes @OliverKayTimeshttps://www.thetime

The following players will leave Chelsea this summer when their contract expires on the 30th of June:

Mitchell Beeney
Isaac Christie-Davies
Cole DaSilva
Matej Delac
Eduardo
Jordan Houghton
Renedi Masampu
Wallace
Tushaun-Tyreese Walters

Last edited:
Not that much of a shocker seeing as it's been touted since before the end of the season, the only shock is that it has taken so long to happen. Or are you being scarastic?

Edit:
"Shocker"

It is baffling how long it took and only Arsenal has been recruiting well for now. United also a bit.

Eden Hazard: “After 6 wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different. Certainly after this World Cup. I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision - if they want to let me go. You all know my preferred destination.”

Chelsea fans; worried? Not baiting, just curious, really. Roman's visa problems, no CL, if he doesn't get his visa sorted will he keep pumping money in? Courtois wants out, Hazard might want out, Willian's leaving. Squad isn't exactly balanced as it is.

I think Sarri has come in at the wrong time.

Weakest looking Chelsea squad in some years and set to lose Courtois and Hazard.

I hope he gets time to build, if he can get Chelsea playing anything like his Napoli, we're in for a treat

I think Sarri has come in at the wrong time.

Weakest looking Chelsea squad in some years and set to lose Courtois and Hazard.

I hope he gets time to build, if he can get Chelsea playing anything like his Napoli, we're in for a treat
Bit strange saying he’s board of the transfer market and he prefers to train players than spend on them. Tbh sure Klopp said the same so most likely spend a fair wack. Especially if players leave.