The Chelsea Thread

Bit strange saying he’s board of the transfer market and he prefers to train players than spend on them. Tbh sure Klopp said the same so most likely spend a fair wack. Especially if players leave.

He will have to I'd think. More pressure than at Napoli. Not sure what Chelsea will get to spend but they will need to spend it!

Or, maybe they see Sarri as the man to transition in to using their acadamy instead of spending big money, because god knows if Abramovic will be putting much in to the club now!

Last edited:
Chelsea have to be committed to Sari for a few years if this is to work. Fans included. Same as at Arsenal now with the polar opposite of Wenger. As it will be Utd if they try go attacking after Mourinho. You’re changing a complete philosophy. It’ll need patience and time through the inevitable dips but if they stick with him, the payoff will be imemense.

Napoli have been Italy’s version of Klopp’s L’pool the last couple of years. Exhilarating side to watch.

Looking at all the opposition, presuming Pep diesn’t stay much longer as is his want, Sari at Chelsea would concern me the most the next 2 or 3 years.

But he must be afforded the time. Which would be a first for the Russian.

Once a Blue, always a Blue!
1f499.png

Gianfranco Zola will join Maurizio Sarri's backroom team as Assistant first team coach! Welcome home, Gianfranco!

I'd say Sarri/Napoli were closer to a Pep/City than a Klopp/Liverpool. Heavily focused on technical football & positional play, not so much 'heavy metal' gegenpressing. But I get your comparison; outperforming what he has available to him & doing it in an attractive manner.

I'd say Sarri/Napoli were closer to a Pep/City than a Klopp/Liverpool. Heavily focused on technical football & positional play, not so much 'heavy metal' gegenpressing. But I get your comparison; outperforming what he has available to him & doing it in an attractive manner.

Oh he's definitely from the Pep school. That said, he was exceptionally bad at rotation with Napoli, and it probably cost them the title, so remains to se seen if he will do better with that. That said, he might well bin off the Europa league entirely

Can’t wait to see how he performs in England. Loved watching his Napoli side. Your right Mike it was pretty much the same 11 throughout the whole season. Depending on who they lose and bring in. I wouldn’t be surprised by that either. Just have s major push at the league or to get back in the CL.

Yeh don't write Chelsea off this season, by the looks of things they could be signing Rugani, Golovin, Schmeichel and Higuain possibly before the window shuts.

If that all happens and they only lose say Courtois and Morata, they still have a **** of a team.

Yeh don't write Chelsea off this season, by the looks of things they could be signing Rugani, Golovin, Schmeichel and Higuain possibly before the window shuts.

If that all happens and they only lose say Courtois and Morata, they still have a **** of a team.

Losing and replacing Cou and Morata would not be that hard, but to find replacement for Hazard is a bit trickier case. And ofc they need to hold onto Kante.
Wonder if Fekir could be good filling Hazard boots to some degree.

Last edited:
On the shape of things Rugani could be a poor signing. Hasn’t kicked on and looked like Jonny Evans when ever I watched Juve last season. Not many sad Juve fans on there main Forum he’s gonna be leaving!

Higuain will score. Very short term signing, but he will score a lot more than Morata. Rugani's not great at all, for the rumoured money that would be a weird signing. Schmeichel is a good shot stopper, like Courtois, but his kicking is absolutely terrible, worse than Courtois.

Think if those are their signings, I think they'll do about the same.

Hudson-Adoye looks a cracking winger... Sarri will like this kid, ideal for a wide forward role

Be good sports hey lads and make a move for Pulisic the next week so we can then make ours.

Another year will be a long time to wait and respect Dortmund.

Hudson-Adoye looks a cracking winger... Sarri will like this kid, ideal for a wide forward role

English too, good to see young talent is definitely there, coming through but needs game time obviously. He should leave Chelsea in my view but lets see if Sarri breaks the mould. I can't see it but you never know.

English too, good to see young talent is definitely there, coming through but needs game time obviously. He should leave Chelsea in my view but lets see if Sarri breaks the mould. I can't see it but you never know.
Think his contract expires in 2020 so if he doesn't play much this season wouldn't be surprised to see him force a move and obviously likely sign a new deal if he plays a bit.

Pulisic still pound to Liverpool?

Be absolutely stunned if he’s not when he finally moves.

Player loves manager. Manager loves player. Player is one of those rare ones that tick absolutey every box for manager and owners alike. Players and his father have been courted for the past few years since they bid £30 million (that conflicts on the price the local Corp but Glenn Price and Mel Reddy for two stuck to that at the time) for as a 17-year-old. They bid that then they sure as heck aren’t out of the conversation now. Players just spent the ICC gushing on both the manager and how inspirational Anfield is and L’pool’s CL run last season was. Reciprocated from the manager who rarely signals out individuals
the way he did Pulisic the States. And all points in between. Everything tally’s up to one outcome.

But there’s the Dortmund respect thing so it just needs someone to make the first move.