The Chelsea Thread

Dont know if we will win anything but Sarri-ball should be fun this season.

And that is the most important thing that so many miss when it comes to being a fan.Particularly when you’re paying hard earned money to watch it.

Yeah, we all want to win everything. But to do that being bored ____less and having no fun the match is _____. As much as he’s a great fella’, been there under Rafa. Footballs about memorys and moments. If you’re not having fun getting them then what's the point?

Chelsea are are dark horse this year to me. Shaky transfer window, key players wanting to leave, goalkeeper situation are red flags. But on the other hand, Hazard is still the player who can neigh-singlehandedly win the league if he clicks on, and he never had such a competent attacking manager before.

Chelsea are are dark horse this year to me. Shaky transfer window, key players wanting to leave, goalkeeper situation are red flags. But on the other hand, Hazard is still the player who can neigh-singlehandedly win the league if he clicks on, and he never had such a competent attacking manager before.

I don’t see it in year one. Big transition stylistically and a lot of players now don’t fit. Surprised Moses didn’t leave DD for example as he’s rendered completely null and void in a 4.

But if there was one other team outside City that would concern me for the league then it would be them purely on the basis that they’re that mad a gang of lads it wouldn’t surprise you. When you expect Chelsea to follow a title by kicking on they can’t be arsed and turn to _____. When you expect them to be _____, they turn up and drop a 90 plus point season.

Mad football club.

Huddlesfield outplayed Chelsea in the 1st half and were unlucky to be down. Chelsea completely outclassed them in the 2nd half and it is very unfair to half someone like Hazard coming off the bench.

Harsh World of football.

Leicester deaerved a point Friday but came away empty handed. Sounds like Huddersfield, if they had any semblance of a goal threat, could have well been in a different game today. But they weren’t.

Cruel game but that’s football

I don’t see it in year one. Big transition stylistically and a lot of players now don’t fit. Surprised Moses didn’t leave DD for example as he’s rendered completely null and void in a 4.

I don’t think its many players. Just Moses really and even he will probably find a place as a back-up RW. Its a huge pity we could not let go of Willian and replace him with someone better. Would have been amazing to have dumped him on United.

Wtf is Sarri doing pushing Kante further forward and having Jorginho as the DM. Chelsea look better with 3 at the back!

Odd game, Chelsea dominated first half hour really but Arsenal since then have been better team and could of scored 4 goals with chances they have had in that half.

Both defences are woeful, putting it kindly.

Luiz is awful, also like you I don't know what Sarri is trying to achieve with Kante.
At Napoli Jorginho wasn’t even a DM Allan was and let Jorginho dictate play and tempo. He’s literally taking away the best 2 parts of each player. Baffling!

Alonso is a FF must ;) Hazard and Kovacic are 2 must starters. Sarri just needs to switch the CMs around and dump sideshow!

This is promising against an Arsenal side that made all their signings early and whose manager had more than a month to work with the team. Sarri has only had 3 weeks with this team and his two best players (Hazard and Kante) only came back a week before the season. Kova and Haz did not even play the first half.

Cant be too harsh on the defense either. They are literally playing in a completely different system after playing in a back 5 for the last 2 seasons.

Cant be too harsh on the defense either. They are literally playing in a completely different system after playing in a back 5 for the last 2 seasons.
Yeah hopefully it works out and should get better. But Luiz can’t fill anyone with confidence in a back two. Still think the CM balance is wack. Hazard what a player!

Same as I just posted the Arsenal thread, lot of positives as to what Sarri wants Chelsea to become. I can see Kante being a surprise scorer quite a bit this season now he’s finally been given more freedom with his range.

Gonna’ take time but it’s fun to be entertained every week good or bad huh?

Best offensive football since Ancelotti's first year, and Sarri just had couple of weeks and Hazard on the bench.

Best offensive football since Ancelotti's first year, and Sarri just had couple of weeks and Hazard on the bench.

Yeh but that's not saying much when you consider the recent managers are Conte, Mourinho, Di Matteo. (H)