The Chelsea Thread

How’d you forget every Utd fams ‘favourite’ fella Rafa? ;)

I'm actually a big fan of Rafa, despite the checkered history with United. I can't help but respect him, he took the Newcastle job after being at Real Madrid... who else would do that?? But not only that when they got relegated, he could of just walked but still had the balls to stay, getting them promoted back to PL.

Finished 10th last season in PL with a poor squad that is in need of investment badly but is being run my Mike Ashley who is just a curse on the club.

However wouldn't be surprised if he leaves this season, they have had practically no investment again in the summer and are fighting for relegation again because of it. If Rafa can manage another mid table finish it will be a miracle with that squad.

Oh, don’t get me wrong z, I respect the **** out of him too. Top manager and an even better fella. What he and his misses have done, unpublicised, to many causes, not least the fight for justice over Sheffield ..... utmost respect.

But I’d honestly stop going the game regularly again and be back to what I was under him picking and choosing than go sit through his brand of footy again. Couldn’t sit through being bored ____less 99% of the time game-on-game just to get the result. Which didn’t even have to be a win so long as it was a result.

Wrong thread that needs taking up the general PL thread, but if there’s a worse owner than Ashley anywhere I’d like to hear of him. F knows what his end game is with Newcastle as he neither has any intention to invest or sell. Utter madness. I don’t personally care much for Geordies, mainly down to ‘run-ins’ with them the match over the years, but their loyalty deserves a lot better than that *****.

A LOT better.

Wrong thread that needs taking up the general PL thread, but if there’s a worse owner than Ashley anywhere I’d like to hear of him. F knows what his end game is with Newcastle as he neither has any intention to invest or sell. Utter madness. I don’t personally care much for Geordies, mainly down to ‘run-ins’ with them the match over the years, but their loyalty deserves a lot better than that *****.

A LOT better.

You can't beat that Atletico chairman in the 90s. Bloke was going through like 2 managers a season and gave away young Raul for free to Real.

Raúl come from Atlético?

Never knew that. Honestly thought he was a one club career man.

A LOT better.

Maybe us?
The owners have not been gentle with us. I know big bad has been the money and dept(goes to Ridsdale), but cmon fraud Cellino sacked 6 managers in 2 years and was unable to be owner for a year because his problems. The video dont even touch many stuff that has happened.
But one thing Cellino did in the end, was a bit of balance in the banks. We got bit more stable team, even if our back office was a mess and we never knew when he could go to jail.
[video=youtube;1zycTSTrujE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zycTSTrujE[/video]

Poch and Klopp good football, but I genuinely think Sarri coaches the best football after Pep, maybe even rivals if he had equal tools. How the **** has he got Chelsea playing like this after 5 minutes? Haven't broke down Newcastle, granted, but the 1 touch football being pumped from Jorginho, the little triangles, it's so crisp.

Poch and Klopp good football, but I genuinely think Sarri coaches the best football after Pep, maybe even rivals if he had equal tools. How the **** has he got Chelsea playing like this after 5 minutes? Haven't broke down Newcastle, granted, but the 1 touch football being pumped from Jorginho, the little triangles, it's so crisp.

My opinion is that the ability was always there, the orders said otherwise. We hadn't had a manager with an attacking philosophy since Ancelotti. You had one or two attempts from every one in charge since, but neither of them cemented that, and went back to counter attacking / defensive football after the first loss came.

I remember the season Mourinho won the league in his second spell, he had a very free flowing attacking football, up until we lost to Tottenham.

It's not as simple as saying "ok guys, you can attack". Sarri is a phenomenal coach, regardless of how talented the Chelsea squad already were. This is the result of a LOT of hard work. They have a Sarri identity after a handful of games, 2.5 years in and I still have no idea what Jose's trying half the time.

The amount of times Hazard was cut down is horrible. Even could not manage to play first minute and already tackled into legs.

But the guy is phenomenal, say what u want, but best player in PL. The movement, explosiveness, passes, shots, vision etc. Hope he wont get too hacked and be injured. The attacking footy that Sarri is playing is the reason why he will stay. It is just joy to watch him.

Edit:
Eden Hazard irrepressible on his Chelsea return against Newcastle

Last edited:
Very rare if ever I’ll say this on Chelsea but good luck today.

I really quite fancy two shoot-outs this week between two 100% teams.

Considering you’ve two sets of fans who really don’t like each other, to be kind, this is a really enjoyable, unbiased chat between CFC Fan TV and TAW:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90ewsmlDbnQ&feature=youtu.be&a=[/video]

Props to Sarri today too for real classy words on L’pool. In the short time he’s been here, he seems a real honest, straight forward fella’ who comes across as a Gentleman.

Someone WAY too nice for your shower. ;)

Man I wish we had Sarri. SarriBall is a thing of art.

Great game from both sides so far. Hope we score an early one, or else I'll be stress eating for another 45 minutes. :D

Judging by how we played the last 15 minutes, it was a deserved punishment. All in all, it was probably the fair result. Sucks to lose 2 points like that, but life goes on :D

Man I wish we had Sarri. SarriBall is a thing of art.

We've missed out on so many managers that I would of loved at United at this point I think any good option is out the window.