The Chelsea Thread

There has been so many theories about what Werner's best position is lol. Some say he's a left winger, some say he's a CF. I think he's a striker that needs a partner to play off of.
Left striker in two man front. But even this would help right now i think. There seems 0 chemistry with him in the team, he has enough good movement to get balls as lone striker also but for some reason he is not doing them and midfield is not offering passes there. Havertz should be second striker to pair up with him.

Even the corner flag is attacking him.

The ‘new chance’ becomes a done deal, confirmed. AC Milan have reached an agreement with Chelsea for Fikayo Tomori, last details set to be sorted: here we go!

🔵

🤝

Loan with buy option around €30m. He’ll fly to Milano this week - medicals pending. #ACMilan #CFC

Is Abramovich getting an itchy finger? Lampard is definitely playing Russian Roulette at the moment after yet another loss. Several papers are reporting on possible targets to replace him.

Full article from Atheltic
Some points:
  • Lampard and Marina’s relationship deteriorated, higher ups were annoyed about Lampard’s desire to sign Declan Rice
  • Managerial search was done after the Leicester game. Rangnick turned down a 4-month interim offer last week. They tried to reach out Nagelsmann before reaching a deal with Tuchel
  • Lampard saw the writing on the wall after that Leicester game and pretty much said his goodbyes to the players
  • Cech talked to new stars’ agents when the team’s form was down
  • Dressing room alienated
  • Lampard would have walked out had it been any club not named Chelsea

He joined the team to early. Should have continued with Derby or try another lower league team. He has so many holes in his managerl ways. Saw it league down with us, can see it in PL. But i assume Chelsea offer was just too good to turn down and he took it.
Will be interesting to see who comes in. The team has so many different players to be molded into needed team + then sell the surplus ones.

Official statment. (Interesting that some newspaers have full huge article ready before the official stamtnet,)

That's a nigh on certainity, Roman never sacks a manager without someone lined up. The question is however, will a different approach work with the mish match of players?
I have always wondered how they would play with 3 at back, shame that Lamp did not even give it a try. Pulisic and Ziyech would be a bit left out, but they have beend injured also most of the time.

1611576412222.png