The Chelsea Thread

Welcome to the PL wake-up call to Saul ...... This isn't La Liga mate. No coasting through midfield here.

Solidly ground out win. With 95 points being the ridiculous benchmark now to even be in the title discussion talk, winning most every game is what you have to do.

Oh yeah, that's another example of why I maintain Ollie Watkins is overhyped mediocrity down to being English. He should be nowhere near an International squad.

Welcome to the PL wake-up call to Saul ...... This isn't La Liga mate. No coasting through midfield here.

Solidly ground out win. With 95 points being the ridiculous benchmark now to even be in the title discussion talk, winning most every game is what you have to do.

Oh yeah, that's another example of why I maintain Ollie Watkins is overhyped mediocrity down to being English. He should be nowhere near an International squad.

Crazy how off the pace Saul was. This is the same player who made 33 league apps last season with Atletico as they won the league.

Just goes to show how quick, physical and unique the EPL is.

Not a great performance. Aston Villa on top for large parts of the game. Difference was that we had 2 chances and Lukaku took both of them superbly. Exactly what we were missing last season.

Tough run of games coming up in the league now. Good that we did not drop points here.
3 points is all that counts mate 👍🏼

Horrific first half. Great second half. Thiago Silva is easily the best CB in the league after Virgil Van Djik. Havertz and Mount were very poor. Kante excellent when he came on (as usual).

Still lots of work to do. We’ll need to be at our very very best to keep up with Liverpool and City over 38 games.

Horrific first half. Great second half. Thiago Silva is easily the best CB in the league after Virgil Van Djik. Havertz and Mount were very poor. Kante excellent when he came on (as usual).
Three best CB in the world playing in the prem IMO.

City will be wounded after the CL final and the dropped points this season. Will be a very tough game.

I don't want this to sound disrespectful (although I fully understand if you feel slighted sat there as Champions of Europe and unsurpassed at the top of the league as I type); but I sincerely hope you volley City all over Sat'day dinner.

I just don't see Chelsea as the team in that game capable of putting up the doubtless 95 points or more over 38 games needed in what I still see as ultimately being a two-horse race. So the bigger the gap to City the better.

Playing the long game.

I don't want this to sound disrespectful (although I fully understand if you feel slighted sat there as Champions of Europe and unsurpassed at the top of the league as I type); but I sincerely hope you volley City all over Sat'day dinner.

I just don't see Chelsea as the team in that game capable of putting up the doubtless 95 points or more over 38 games needed in what I still see as ultimately being a two-horse race. So the bigger the gap to City the better.

Playing the long game.

Ultimately, the talking is done on the pitch. We’ll see how the season plays out but yes, it will be a monumental challenge to keep up with City and Liverpool all the way.

Another subpar performance from Ziyech. He has basically produced nothing in his last 3 games. Needs a long spell on the bench.

RLC had a quality game. Its a shame that he is in such a competitive squad. He can easily slot into a bottom half PL team. Someone should pick him up in Jan.

..,., RLC had a quality game. Its a shame that he is in such a competitive squad. He can easily slot into a bottom half PL team. Someone should pick him up in Jan.

Being as you madly don’t seem to want to keep RLC, two young players that are different to your veteran midfielders I’ve been impressed with against L’pool this season will surely need a good, long look next summer before they go the same way.

Gillmore at Norwich and Gallagher at Palace. Who’s gone up a level again from West Brom the natural more experience he’s got at this level.

Absolutely massive game against City today. They’ll be hungry for revenge after the CL final loss. I fully expect them to come out of the blocks all guns blazing. We’ll need to be at our very best to ensure we are not down 2-3 goals within the first 20-30min.

Absolutely crucial for Silva and Kante to start this game.

Terrible performance and massive wake-up call for the team. We dont deserve anything from this game.