The Chelsea Thread

For perspective-

It was 7 points. With a vastly superior GD. Leicester was the one who had the 10 point gap. I mean L’pool had one of the best 10 game finishes the PL has ever seen that was title worthy. But they still ahould have been NOWHERE near top 4 from the position below regardless. Let alone finishing 3rd.

1628844440334.jpeg

See I see defence as an issue. 5 at the back I’ve never been a big fan of the English game. ( I know. Conte won the league. But he’s an exception to the norm.). And I just don’t think the goalie is upto much better than a Lloris/ Mignolet type. Capable of belter saves. But also capable of howlers. But I appreciate I’m in the minority there with their backline

The ridiculous package aside, I really like Lukaku and he should be among the leagues top scorers.

Completely with you on last season not being much of a barometer of anything. And the honeymoon was wearing off for Tuchel the run-in. As you alluded to, if Rodgers side had any sort of a backbone, they miss out on the top 4 completely. Which should NEVER have been the case with 10 to go when L’pool were double figures behind them I think? Something mad.

But then he’s doubled down in Europe again this week so it’d be churlish of me to really slate him.

I think Chelsea will be comfortable top 4. But I don’t see them having a 90 plus point season. A really talented but unbalanced squad to me. A bit like what you lads often nark about with Utd. Put together under different managers with different styles. A lot of which doesn’t fitTuchel.

Which madly, is probably what its going to take again to even be in the conversation for the league.
Can’t disagree with any of that tbh mate. I know your not a fan of Ole as some Utd fans aren’t but what he’s done to unbalance our main squad is something I really appreciate in his time in charge. No idea how the season will go but hyped as **** lol. City, Pool, Utd, Chelsea should all be conferable top 4

Also crazy that we are thinking of selling Alonso. Arguably one of the best FK takers in the world. For a club that struggles to score goals, we should definitely keep someone like him.

So Tuchel talking about Lukaku as a ‘target man’ to replace Giroud is Arsenal mad. That’s the very last thing you use him as. His hold up play has always been utter ***** and the ball just bounces off him under pressure.

But get him running onto balls and using his physique and power direct ….. then you have a whole other animal.

So Tuchel talking about Lukaku as a ‘target man’ to replace Giroud is Arsenal mad. That’s the very last thing you use him as. His hold up play has always been utter ***** and the ball just bounces off him under pressure.

But get him running onto balls and using his physique and power direct ….. then you have a whole other animal.

Scouse you should read his recent interviews. Lukaku specifically mentions how Conte made him work on playing with his back to goal and how thats one of the main skills he picked up while in Italy.

Lukaku also mentions how he used to be one of those who was good at running into space and nothing else but Conte added an extra dimension to his game.

I await to be pleasantly surprised a week tomorrow then.

If being up against the coolest, best CH I’ve ever seen counts as a game to look at him. 😎

Oh, not often I’ll say this but I honestly hope you put 10 past Arsenal Sunday to put them out of their misery and end the PR farce of the non-football manager that is Arteta.

Oh, not often I’ll say this but I honestly hope you put 10 past Arsenal Sunday to put them out of their misery and end the PR farce of the non-football manager that is Arteta.

Arsenal have been a huge bogey team for us lately so wouldn’t be too optimistic :p

Good win against Arsenal which has annoyingly been a massive bogey side for us of late. Definitely need to up the level for next weekend. Hopefully, Kante is fit to start. We’ll need him to have any chance of winning…