The Citizen's taking over England...and now Europe - A fred123qwe story

Pre-Season

Matches:

vs. Man City reserves: 2-0 (Tevez, Bellamy)
vs. Darlington: 2-0 (Lescott, Tevez)
vs. Southampton: 6-0 (Bellamy x2, Adebayor x2, de Jong, Robinho)
vs. Oldham: 4-0 (Tevez x2, Adebayor x2)
vs. Bury: 2-0 (Adebayor, Wright-Phillips)
vs. Preston: 1-0 (Robinho)
vs. Crusadors: 2-0 (Tevez, Robinho)

Win/Loss/Draw - 7/0/0
Goals for - 19
Goals against - 0

Star Performer - Tevez racked up 5 goals and 3 assists and got an aveage rating of 7.53.

Man City have a perfect pre-season to warm themselves up for the upcoming season. In other news, Chelsea splashed out £26 million on Gennaro Gattuso from AC Milan, whist Man United spent £18.75 million on Mirko Vulinic.

Coming up - August/September results

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Nice Layout, but Man City :(

Why, don't you like them? Or is it because its too easy or something?

I've never played a FM game before so I like to start easy ;)
Any suggestions for good signings, I don't really know much of the players...

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

I also couldn't find too many Man city stories on here so I thought it would be interesting to do.

I've never played a FM game before so I like to start easy ;)
Any suggestions for good signings, I don't really know much of the players...

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

I also couldn't find too many Man city stories on here so I thought it would be interesting to do.

Yeah,that's because it's too easy.

And Gourcuff - Bordeaux :D

August/September Results:

Matches:

vs. Hull: 4-1 (Arshavin, Bellamy, Rodriguez, Tevez)
vs. Wolves: 0-0
vs. Portsmouth: 3-0 (Arshavin, Tevez, Ireland)
vs. Scunthorpe (League cup 2nd round): 4-2 (Robinho x2, Petrov, Ireland)
vs. West Ham: 1-1 (Robinho)
vs. Blackburn: 3-0 (Robinho, Petrov, Wright Phillips)
vs. Birmingham: 1-0 (Robinho)
vs. Birmingham (League Cup 3rd Round): 3-2 AET (Tevez x2, Robinho)

Win/Loss/Draw - 5/0/2
Goals for - 19
Goals against - 6

Star Peformer - Robinho was in lethal form scoring 6 times in 6 games.

Disappointing draws with Wolves and West Ham but on the whole a solid start to the season. Scraped through the League cup against Birmingham with a last minute equaliser in normal time.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

I started this story whilst I am in November, so screen shots of matches and league tables are currently unavailable, but when I catch the story up with the game I will start using them!

I agree with Luke.

Need help buying players? Search - Clear Filter - Do not filter out unrealistic targets - Search - Sort by value. Look at the top ten players.

Saying well done would be an understatement when managing Man City.But anyways,good result.

October/November Results

vs. Fulham: 1-0 (Adebayor)
vs. Sunderland: 2-1 (Arshavin, Petrov)
vs. Wigan: 0-0
vs. Bolton (League Cup 4th round): 1-2 (Robinho)
vs. Tottenham: 4-2 (Arshavin, Adebayor, Tevez x2)
vs. Stoke: 2-1 (Tevez, Robinho)
vs. Burnley: 2-0 (Tevez x2)
vs. Bolton: 0-2

Win/Loss/Draw - 5/2/1
Goals for - 12
Goals against - 8

Star Peformer - Arshavin is coming into his own for Man City, scoring twice and setting up 4 goals. For the last 5 games he got an average rating of 7.34.

Slightly disappointing couple of months, losing twice to Bolton... Great win against Tottenham though after being 2-0 down.

How do you put screenshots into posts? I don't know how...

October/November Results

vs. Fulham: 1-0 (Adebayor)
vs. Sunderland: 2-1 (Arshavin, Petrov)
vs. Wigan: 0-0
vs. Bolton (League Cup 4th round): 1-2 (Robinho)
vs. Tottenham: 4-2 (Arshavin, Adebayor, Tevez x2)
vs. Stoke: 2-1 (Tevez, Robinho)
vs. Burnley: 2-0 (Tevez x2)
vs. Bolton: 0-2

Win/Loss/Draw - 5/2/1
Goals for - 12
Goals against - 8

Star Peformer - Arshavin is coming into his own for Man City, scoring twice and setting up 4 goals. For the last 5 games he got an average rating of 7.34.

Slightly disappointing couple of months, losing twice to Bolton... Great win against Tottenham though after being 2-0 down.

How do you put screenshots into posts? I don't know how...

Create a new folder through Sports Interactive>Football Manager and then hold ALT+F9 when in-game.Then all of the screenshots will come in that folder.Upload them on FM-Base :)

I still can't seem to do it...sorry i'm not very good with computers, it took me weeks to finally be able to download this game. Where do i upload them on FM-Base?

I still can't seem to do it...sorry i'm not very good with computers, it took me weeks to finally be able to download this game. Where do i upload them on FM-Base?

You see that paperclip icon when you click on the Go Advanced button? Click on that.Then,browse for the screenshots and press upload.Once done,click on the paperclip again and click on the screenshots uploaded or you can leave them there as thumbnails.

I think we should give the guy a break he did say he hasn't played so many games as most of us :D

December/January Results:

vs. Aston Villa: 4-0 (Robinho, Arshavin x2, OG)
vs. Liverpool: 1-2 (Robinho)
vs. Chelsea: 1-2 (Bellamy)
vs. Man United: 3-1 (Arshavin, Robinho x2)
vs. Wolves: 2-1 (Tevez x2)
vs. Portsmouth: 1-0 (Ireland)
vs. Crewe (FA Cup 3rd Round): 5-0 (Arshavin, Maxi Rodriguez, Tevez x2, OG)
vs. Hull: 4-0 (Barry, Tevez x3)
vs. West Ham: 1-1 (Ireland)
vs. MK Dons (FA Cup 4th Round): 3-1 (Barry, Tevez, Zabaleta)
vs. Blackburn: 2-0 (Tevez, Maxi Rodriguez)
vs. Everton: 1-1 (Tevez)

Win/Loss/Draw - 8/2/2
Goals for - 28
Goals against - 9

Star Peformer - Carlos Tevez really set the world alight in January especially with 8 goals in 6 games.

Key match:

The Manchester Derby was a crucial match for City and after 2 straight defeats to Chelsea and Liverpool it was a must win game. The team duly delievered with a quality peformance which kickstarted Man Cities title ambitions.
View attachment 35671

January Transfers:

Man City agreed terms with Yoann Gourcuff and the young star signed for a fee of £20 Million.

gourcuff-equipedefra_104478.jpg

said that he had huge hope for Gourcuff not only for this year but in seasons to come and was confident that he could lead his club to future successes.

Last edited:
Nice layout and good story so far, i also follow every man city story around. Good luck for rest of the season;)

February/March Results:

vs. Birmingham: 2-1 (Lescott, Ireland)
vs. Fulham: 4-2 (Arshavin x2, Robinho x2)
vs. Derby: 2-0 (Gourcuff, Adebayor)
vs. Wigan: 4-2 (Tevez x3, OG)
vs. Arsenal: 3-0 (Tevez x2, Maxi Rodriguez)
vs. Bolton (FA Cup 6th Round) : 3-3 (Tevez, Arshavin, Robinho)
vs. Tottenham: 1-2 (OG)
vs. Sunderland: 3-3 (Tevez x2, Ireland)
vs. Bolton (FA Cup 6th Round Replay): 3-1 (Tevez x2, Ireland)
vs. Burnley: 4-1 (Tevez x4)
vs. Bolton: 3-2 (Tevez x2, Maxi Rodriguez)

Win/Loss/Draw - 8/1/2
Goals for - 32
Goals against - 16

Star Peformer - Once again Tevez is the star. Including a hat-trick, and a four goal haul, he scored 16 times in just 8 games, with an average rating of well above 8.

A great couple of months for the club, with Tevez in lethal form and he helped City into 2nd in the table and into the Semi final of the FA Cup against Chelsea.

Key match:

After being 3-1 down, the team really had to dig deep to force the replay and we only just managed it. We ended up playing Bolton 3 times in a month.
View attachment 35686

Injury News:

Key members of the team, Robinho and Gourcuff sustained injuries that will keep them out for a few months. Robinho fractured his wrist, whilst Gourcuff tore his hamstring muscle. The double blow for City is said to be a major blow to their title hopes.​