The Clusterquack - 248 goals in a season. Quad With Barca, Treble with Killie.

Now i'm really confused hahaha

Nothing to be confused about. This is a high pressing, aggressive tactic and if you don't have a better team you'll vary from destroying the opposition to being countered to death.

Nothing to be confused about. This is a high pressing, aggressive tactic and if you don't have a better team you'll vary from destroying the opposition to being countered to death.

So if you don't a great team to work with, you don't take this tactic.. is that what you mend?

So if you don't a great team to work with, you don't take this tactic.. is that what you mend?

No, it can work with any team, it's just that you shouldn't expect constant battering of the opposition if you're not a top team.
It's a very high risk tactic where you can be easily overrun in the midfield.
Also, some of these plug and play tactics occasionally just don't work for some teams, despite tactics being good.

shirajzl I agree with some of what you say.

I don't think it's high risk though. Its on control mentality, low tempo with patient possession play, with overlapping fullbacks.

It's true though, if the players are gash, you will struggle. Sunderland should be hitting mid table if team talks, team meetings and morale etc are done correctly as well as squad rotation.

No, it can work with any team, it's just that you shouldn't expect constant battering of the opposition if you're not a top team.
It's a very high risk tactic where you can be easily overrun in the midfield.
Also, some of these plug and play tactics occasionally just don't work for some teams, despite tactics being good.

Oh oke, don't want to offend anyone here :)

I agree on you comment on the midfield, you need very good players on that position
And indeed not every tactic works for every manager here ;)

Just got Man city 1-1.. first half of the season endend
View attachment 254258

I don't think it's high risk though. Its on control mentality, low tempo with patient possession play, with overlapping fullbacks.

By risk, I meant the midfield trio: roaming playmakers well, roam a lot, and when you lose the ball, you're left only with a BWM to take the ball back. The problem is he's by default set to close down a lot, so if he fails to take the ball in his first attempt, your defence is hopelessly exposed.

I've been trying it in Conference North, with a team set to finish in the bottom half. Halfway through the season and I'm midtable. You need better players to make this tactics shine consistently.

Yeah, that is fair comment. I think you need player's suited to the roles.

You could mix up the roaming playmakers to be ball winning midfielders or box to box on support setting.

That would still retain the passing options but make it tighter.Likewise switch fullbacks to support.

not bad :D

4585cdb4dd4fa0327477d39fd062835a.png

tiri-->shots
tiri in porta-->shots on target
occasioni nitide--> ccc
mezze opportunità--->half chances

Got my cup. it was hard work, but we did it
View attachment 254166

Season ended, 10th place, so not to bad at all..
thnx for all the help, next season it will be another tactic..

Last edited:
I have been using this tactic the last few days. Currently playing with Notts Co in the Championship and am about 8 seasons in. I am playing FMC on Ipad so not all options are available but have replicated the tactic as best I can since you can't download and save the tactics.

I don't have a great team, never have a transfer budget to work with, so its always FT or players coming off contract. Most of my team are young up and comers or seasoned 3 star types.

First game made Aston Villa look like a laughing stock, 4-1 and totally dominated possession. Things went down hill soon after that. Always dominating possession, shots on goal but losing 3-0.

Kept rereading the thread to see what I had missed, fixed the training and set pieces which weren't 100% correct.

Persevered and am on a roll with 13 games to go, currently sixth. Morale is high and can hopefully challenge for promotion.

Before this I had tried my own tactics, Goal Machine and Hulk Smash and the results were always similar. So hopefully with this tactic I have now turned a corner and can challenge for promotion.

Looks like a very interesting tactic, is the mentality and team shape always set to control and fluid?

Thank you very much sir.I'm gonna give this tactic a go. God bless all you tactic publishers lol.

I am similar :)
I have one which is a time waste one, where defend a little deeper and take a breather.
I also have an all out attack for chasing the game if in dire need of a goal.
I'll upload both to the OP tonight.

Thanks Chrissy.

I'm currently reaching the end of my 3rd season so I'll use it after and get it/them fluid.
You could probably pair this with Joss's Overload Tactic as both tactics have similar roles except the midfield:
2 Center Midfielders with the role CM-A / 1 Defensive Midfielder on DM-D compared to 3 Center Midfielders with 2 as RPMs and 1 as a BWM. Even through the roles are different, they're similar and could still be trained the same way :p

Last edited:
Glad folk are enjoying it. I'd expect everyone to get varying results due to team talk/team meeting/dealing with press/unhappy players variation.

my dream has come true.. paid 69 milions..

d885a4d361ea8c4dea0ca67c02bfe58c.png

I have included two new tactics - tweaks on the original. One for ten men, one for lower league/underdog sides.

I have included two new tactics - tweaks on the original. One for ten men, one for lower league/underdog sides.
I want to thank you for your efforts. I will be trying these out! I enjoy lower league so this one delight me! :)