This is a good story, trying to do my own version with a Papa New Guinea side called Hekari United. Second season and my finances are already above the million £ mark but when i asked to go professional they originally said yes at the start of the new season but nothing happened :S

Waiting for the national job now think it will be ages like yourself unfortunately.

I've played against Hekari 4 times now, they seem to be one of the better teams in the O-League, only scoring on average 3 against them not 6 like some of the teams.

Have you offered any new contracts yet? If they say yes, even before the club officially goes Pro Full-Time contracts can be offered.

Teams generally turn Pro in the off season, so if you asked at the start, it'll most likely happen when your lads are off on their holidays.

I had World Class reputation before they would give me the job. It may have had something to do with me putting my real age into the game. I had turned 30 (in game) and got the job.

Last edited:
They are already semi-pro which is lucky i can attract the best in that league and win quite comfortably. My save has just decided to crash dump but im going to start again, first season (probably same on yours) I can only sign people from my country untill i win something.

What did you start your reputation as ? I will imagine winning the league like you have will eventually get me there. Also have you started with just the cook islands league and loaded all pleyers from that nation alone?

They are already semi-pro which is lucky i can attract the best in that league and win quite comfortably. My save has just decided to crash dump but im going to start again, first season (probably same on yours) I can only sign people from my country untill i win something.

What did you start your reputation as ? I will imagine winning the league like you have will eventually get me there. Also have you started with just the cook islands league and loaded all pleyers from that nation alone?

The Cook Islands Cup, PNG, Fiji, New Caledonia and England. Club reputation started at around 100 think its in the early 2,000's now... yep, looked it up on FMRTE 2,145, the league importance of the CIC has gone from 1 to 5 (i think thats our of 20)

Nikao 2 – 0 AS Piraé (O-League)

Ba 0 – 4 Nikao (O-League)
Right Ba are the best team in Fiji, more often than not they play in the O-League, we beat Ba all of the time. There are 13 players in my Cooks Squad who play for me... Fiji absolutely destroyed us, this moral problem is killing me

Home to Anguilla (Int.)
Need a win, need a win, need a win. We looked better in that last match, but we are by no means out of the woods, I'm still yet to rack up a draw or a win as Cooks manager, and although the FA are fully behind me, I'm getting worried by what some of the other managers are saying.
Cooks 1 – 5 Anguilla
Another half arsed performance by the lads, this is getting embarrassing. There is only one thing for it, arrange matches against none FIFA affiliate Nations. Yes thats right, matches against countries who know they aren't good enough to apply for FIFA membership. Tuvalu, Northern Mariana and Zanzibar.

Nikao 4 – 1 AS Magenta (O-League)

AS Piraé 0 – 7 Nikao (O-League)

Nikao 6 – 0 Arorangi

Nikao 2 – 0 Matevera

Tupapa 0 – 5 Nikao

Nikao 3 – 0 Avatiu
And that my friends is the match that raps up another Cooks Islands Cup, the 7th in a row for me and the boys.

Nikao 9 – 0 Ba (O-League)

Takuvaine 0 – 4 Nikao

6 games without conceding a goal now and 36 at the other end, we are playing some beautiful football, its a shame its being played mostly by foreigners.

AS Magenta 0 – 6 Nikao (O-League)
****** the group stage, played 6, won 6, 32 for, 1 against.

Away to Tuvalu (Int.)
This team are rubbish officially the worst international team going, If we can get at least a draw against them I'm thinking of packing in and letting someone else take over the helm. Yes it took me years to get this far, but was it really worth all of the hassle?
Tuvalu 2 – 3 Cooks
Finally a win, the players were a little bipolar with their confidence today, but we snatched a goal early in the second half from a corner and that settled the lads, the game went to and fro for the full 90 but the result is the one we needed and the boys seem a little happier now.

Nikao 6 – 0 Titikaveka

Waitakere Utd (O-League Final 1st Leg)
The way the boys have been playing I have no reservations in say we will be at least 2 up at half time. Over the years the quality of players in Oceania has changed little, whereas my has improved greatly, especially over the past 2 years, we are going to absolutely destroy these part timers for New Zealand.
Waitakere 1 – 4 Nikao
A good game, the lads did exactly what was wanted and needed of them, so it is safe to say that we have the O-League in the bag once again this season.

Arorangi 1 – 5 Nikao
I've got a slight problem now, I'm in the process of signing a right winger from Argentina to play at left inside (Once trained up a bit) my current AML never does much yet still gets high ratings, he decided to turn up today and banged in a hat-trick, before the game he had played 29 domestic games scored 3 and set-up 14, not bad you may say, but not great considering we score on average more than 4 a game. The new lad is similar, only a little better technically and has a good more turn of pace. Nelson Barliza is however more than half way through his 6 year qualification for the Cooks Islands, so I might be forced to hold onto him still so he can play for the national team in the future.

Waitakere Utd (O-League Final 2nd Leg)
Another easy win for the boys, Waitakere are going to have to come at us and I'm happy to let them, it only means more room for us to score in.
Nikao 1 – 1 Waitakere
A disappointing finish to the season, the lads looked complacent throughout the match, I brought on the young Argie at half time and he looked good, put the ball in the back of the net twice, but both times he was offside, I expect great things from him, that extra pace cutting inside will be useful once he is more accustomed to the position.

Home to the Northern Mariana Islands (Int.)
At home against another set of non FIFA players. Its important to win these games against **** little teams from now on, the qualifiers for the ONC (Oceania Nations Cup) are in December and considering the Cooks are yet to win a game in the competition its a goal I'm aiming for. The squad is staying the same, I have to stick with my best players even if their moral is dubious to say the least, because we wouldnt win a game with great moral with the alternatives.
Cooks 2 – 0 NMI
Another good result from the lads once again improves the team moral, its a long way from being great, but the boys have at least started to play football. Raea-Rongo was the key today scoring both of our goals, one from open play and a fine freekick. The future is bright... the future is green.

Home to Zanzibar (Int.)
Should be another win in truth. We have put together a little run of form now and I'm hoping the boys can improve on it. If we can get a couple of early goals I'm going to make changes to get the fringe players more confidence too.
Cooks 2 – 0 Zanzibar
Another good result, the lads are starting to get there. That's 3 in a row now its making a big difference to the way we play, especially the way we played on a 20 game loosing streak.

Away to Wallis and Futuna Islands (Int.)
I've got a couple of youth players through Nikao that are yet to make an appearance yet at club level, but they look like they could be of a high standard so I've shipped them into the squad for todays game, if nothing else their moral is superb because of this, so I may find myself giving them a game.
W&F 1 – 1 Cooks
We are keeping our form going, I cant really understand why the back bone of the team (Nikao players) are struggling with the tempo/closing down and other things... Its exactly the same tactic that they play at club level, anyhow undefeated in 4 games now.

2017/18

Nikao 5 – 0 Avatiu

Arorangi 0 – 5 Nikao

Home to St. Pierre and Miquelon (Int.)
I didn't even know where this place was until I looked it up on wiki. Their team doesn't look up to much and I'm confident that the boys can go out and get a decent result from this.
Cooks 2 – 1 St. P&M
Another very close game, with the winner coming in injury time. We were in all honesty the better team, yet we couldn't emulate the complete control that I get from the boys at Nikao.

Away to Belize (Int.)
Its time to step up the game and play against FIFA ranked teams again, lets see if our spate of decent results will give us the impetus to win a match against a proper team. I've changed the formation slightly instead of a DMRC and a MCLC they have swapped sides, hopefully giving me slightly better attacking opportunities.
Belize 3 – 2 Cooks
Not the best of results and some truly atrocious defending on show from the boys. We kept the ball well, but our lack of pace at the back is very debilitating.

Nikao 7 – 0 Matavera

Tupapa 0 – 2 Nikao

Nikao 2 - 0 Titikaveka

Home to Afghanistan (Int.)
Another big match for the team if we are to improve up the rankings, it seems unlikely at the moment though. We have the home advantage and that at least should count for something.
Cooks 2 – 1 Afghanistan
A very tight and close fought game throughout, the boys are struggling to get the through the defence-midfield transitional stage. This is my own fault for having a huge foreign bias in the more creative roles at domestic level. This leaves me with players who didnt make the cut at Nikao or players who came up through the system at other clubs, creating this dilemma: Do I play more domestic based players and suffer in the short term in Continental and World competitions at club level and improve the national team quickly over the next couple of years, or do I continue with overseas players hoping to progress in the Club World Cup and improve reputation and funds to allow me better access to youth recruitment at a later stage?

Ba 0 – 9 Nikao (O-League)
Thats our first match of the O-League campaign, we now skip out the preliminaries and go straight into the group stage, rightly so too, look at the scoreline this is a team that have made it to the final twice in 7 years and we've butchered them.

Nikao 8 – 0 Kiwi (O-League)

Nikao 4 – 1 Kossa FC (O-League)

Home to San Marino (Int.)
A close game expected today, I think i'm going to play a more direct game against San Marino, I need to see if the front men can do it on their own before I am forced to make the decision to get rid of some foreigners to make way for the local lads in the Nikao team.
Cooks 0 – 2 San Marino
Poor game, we looked good when we had the ball, the boys cant win it back though, so there is no chance whatsoever of counter attacking football. All I can hope for is a couple of lads coming through the U19's who can slot into the national team early or wait it out for some of my Foreign Legion to gain the 5 years towards citizenship.

Last edited:
Great update again. You should try and blood cook island creative midfields in your less important games.

This story is by far one of the more interesting stories on this site. I'm really amazed at how dominant you are in the domestic leagues. XD

Another great update! Amazing how the very same players can be so dominant for the club and spineless for the country, against opponents of similar (I think) level. This morale thing sometimes tends to get unrealistic I think.

you should really wait for those foreign legion mercs, I wish I could do that for San Marino too...

Unlucky against "us", I'm sure you'll do better next time (YESSS! GO TITANI ;))

Last edited:
Has the prize money in your league rissen or is there any prize money now when there wasnt previously any?

How did you load up the oceania leagues?
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I can't do it

After my last game messed up im just starting my third season with Hekari. Still asking to go professional and currently updating all facilities. National manager is getting pressure on him but still dont think ill get it. You have done great so far in the story looks like results are starting to come your way internationally aswell. :D

How did you load up the oceania leagues?
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I can't do it

he either made them or downloaded them off of the additional leagues thread in the editing saection.

great stuff! I am following and I am wondering what you set your status as when you began the save? You said you had "World Class" did you start off as "International Player" ?

Excellent story. Im interested in trying this myself so i was wondering where you downloaded your database?
Thanks