The Downfall of English Football

Sorry If I have thing's wrong I'm just saying that at some point the bank will want their money surely and yes because I'm a Ranger's fan It annoy's me more and I'm sure other fan's whose club is like mine will agree maybe pompy fans definitely Dundee fan's someone said Man U are only 550 million in debt Dundee are 2million and their in Liquidation.
I just find it unfair did FIFA not have some rule for this?
And yes I do have too much free time

Sorry If I have thing's wrong I'm just saying that at some point the bank will want their money surely and yes because I'm a Ranger's fan It annoy's me more and I'm sure other fan's whose club is like mine will agree maybe pompy fans definitely Dundee fan's someone said Man U are only 550 million in debt Dundee are 2million and their in Liquidation.
the difference is the management of the debt. Pompy and dundee failed to pay the tax man. United didnt

The downfall of Scottish football, wait when was it good???

Lol I agree Scottish football is utter s**t now but it used to be good Celtic won the CL Ranger's have won the Cup Winner's Cup so have Aberdeen. Celtic & Ranger's have been in a european final in the last ten year's which is alright didn't win though.

I would rather see Rangers in the Atlantic League tbh looking at Cardiff and Swansea
This is a league that has been proposed for bigger team's in smaller leagues ie. Ajax, PSV, Celtic, Rangers etc. though UEFA reject it all the time.

And yes I am a C**t :)

when we went down barclays reduced our overdraft limit from £25 million to £10 million, i think the banks in most cases are in it for the long haul cos they make so much interest. its only when you get to the stage Liverpool were at that they will intervene. Dundee are in liquidation because they couldn't afford the interest repayments.

Yes but United can pay back thier monthly repayments and pay the tax man with absolute ease. Dundee and Pompey didn't have the money to back up thier debt.

Think of it like this

You have to pay back 2 pound but you have a fiver...you do it with ease (this is Man U)

You have to pay back 50 p but you only have 10 p (Pompey & Dundee) you cant pay it back regardless of how less it is.

(BTW that would be on a larger scale lol) (My analogy may be **** lol)

Why do I get abuse for merely asking If you think your club's are at risk of ruining themselves if they carry on the way they do. I admit my fact are most likely poor but the dates are quite old.

But does it not worry you that 54% of European football's debt is from England alone?

I admit English football is better than Scottish but I don't post this through jealously,Just some of the transfers were bonkers.

And I'm not the only person saying this the radio was actually what made me Wright this as they were talking about it on Sport-Scene

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Yes but United can pay back thier monthly repayments and pay the tax man with absolute ease. Dundee and Pompey didn't have the money to back up thier debt.

Think of it like this

You have to pay back 2 pound but you have a fiver...you do it with ease (this is Man U)

You have to pay back 50 p but you only have 10 p (Pompey & Dundee) you cant pay it back regardless of how less it is.

(BTW that would be on a larger scale lol) (My analogy may be **** lol)

I admit Dundee and Pompey were bad comparisons to Man U but what about Leeds they were one of the best side's so they are probably more appropiate?

Why do I get abuse for merely asking If you think your club's are at risk of ruining themselves if they carry on the way they do. I admit my fact are most likely poor but the dates are quite old.

But does it not worry you that 54% of European football's debt is from England alone?

I admit English football is better than Scottish but I don't post this through jealously,Just some of the transfers were bonkers.

And I'm not the only person saying this the radio was actually what made me Wright this as they were talking about it on Sport-Scene

It's not abuse....we are just having a debate..

You give the examples of Torres & Carroll

Chelsea are in a position where they can buy like that...
'Pool used that money to buy Carroll...

The transfers will do nothing to thier debt.... I think Chelsea & 'Pool dont even have any debt anyways.

I'm not really worried as United are paying of the debt and the amount of it is dropping steadily.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I admit Dundee and Pompey were bad comparisons to Man U but what about Leeds they were one of the best side's so they are probably more appropiate?

we didn't have a sugar daddy to cover our debts. We overspent to get success and didn't get the success so had no way of covering our costs and we went into financial meltdown. City don't have this problem as their own practically ***** money

What happened with them was that they borrowed thinking they could pay it back from the money they got from CL.. but then they didn't qualify so they went into a Pompey situation and could pay back their loans.. and then you know the rest...

Clubs shouldn't spend more than they make, that's how Pompey got in debt.

Transfers are getting more expensive, and wages are obscene. Soon, all the clubs will be in debt because of mass overspending, will have to make cuts to wages, meaning big players will have to leave and go abroad. Its happened in other countries, and it could very well happen in England. Because that's how football works.

Good could come out of it though, as clubs would have to turn to young talent.

Lol I agree Scottish football is utter s**t now but it used to be good Celtic won the CL Ranger's have won the Cup Winner's Cup so have Aberdeen. Celtic & Ranger's have been in a european final in the last ten year's which is alright didn't win though.

I would rather see Rangers in the Atlantic League tbh looking at Cardiff and Swansea
This is a league that has been proposed for bigger team's in smaller leagues ie. Ajax, PSV, Celtic, Rangers etc. though UEFA reject it all the time.

And yes I am a C**t :)

I was referring to Diouf as the c word because he is a vile man and shouldnt be allowed near football, not you :wub:

What do you all think of the 54% deft you have in Europe though considering that there are 44 countries in Europe does that not slightly worry anyone a little bit.

England's debt > Spain+Italy+Germany+France Debt together

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

I was referring to Diouf as the c word because he is a vile man and shouldnt be allowed near football, not you :wub:

ahh well yes he is shows how bad our game in Scotland has become

What do you all think of the 54% deft you have in Europe though considering that there are 44 countries in Europe does that not slightly worry anyone a little bit.

England's debt > Spain+Italy+Germany+France Debt together

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

ahh well yes he is shows how bad our game in Scotland has become

Yes but some of it isn't like bad limiting debt, most of it is sustainable debt.

A foreigner here who watches from a fair distance away

If the EPL teams go down the toilet you can bet your *** every other league is in the **** as well. AFAIK most teams in La Liga are owed a boatload of money from TV rights and if they don't get it they're in big trouble. I don't watch any of the SPL but wasn't a team relegated for going into admin? A few others are in pretty dire straits financially as well I thought.

The only league that is in any way shape or form financially secure is the Bundesliga was the last article I read.

The HG talent rule has rapidly inflated domestic talent and is not very well thought out

A foreigner here who watches from a fair distance away

If the EPL teams go down the toilet you can bet your *** every other league is in the **** as well. AFAIK most teams in La Liga are owed a boatload of money from TV rights and if they don't get it they're in big trouble. I don't watch any of the SPL but wasn't a team relegated for going into admin? A few others are in pretty dire straits financially as well I thought.

The only league that is in any way shape or form financially secure is the Bundesliga was the last article I read.

The HG talent rule has rapidly inflated domestic talent and is not very well thought out
Hence the advent of the Financial Fair Play rules. People keep saying its against the english, but the truth is, football needs it now before its too late. and you could argue its already too late for some clubs

Last edited:
I do admit that that the title was a bit extreme should maybe have included a question mark:p

Also I'm not saying this will happen now I should have said this may be the possibility in about 10 to 15 years if it stay's the way it is

This is why I respect Arsenal they don't exactly splash the cash out they have developed their team and that is what football should be about FIFA need to bring in some rules to save the game before we ruin it:(

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Hence the advent of the Financial Fair Play rules. People keep say its against thenglish, but the truth is, football needs it now before its too late. and you could argue its already too late for some clubs

That's the rule I have been thinking off:D

and yes I agree once a few of the major team's are hit everyone's going down with them if thats what your'e getting at winfield

Banks are sinister they wil be nice and then all off a sudden we they see the opportunity they will start taking all the money out of football:(

TBH I don't think it's possile to change the way the transfer market is run anymore. It's too institutionalized. The Fair Play rules are in theory a good idea but it's the enforcement that a worry. Does UEFA have the balls to kick say, Utd/Barca/Inter out of Champions league? There are regulations seek to limit clubs' losses to £38.5m over a three-year period beginning this season. I mean Chelsea hasn't been exactly posting massive profit this seasonand they just shelled out 50mil-how are they going to get around that, unless there's some serious austerity measures put in place or there's some major cooking of the books? Does FIFA have the balls to do it ? It's all fine kicking some Bulgarian team out that no-one has heard off but do they have the guts to do it a major club? With Platini in charge I have my doubts.

And I think I've mentioned this before I think it will also hamper small clubs who have big talent on the books. Because the transfer market will be artificially deflated will they be able to cash in? Lukaku is from all reports a world class talent for example and I've read speculation that he'll be moving for around 20mil end of season, - which if he's as good as they say he is seems a bargain. If the Fair Play rules were in effect would Anderlecht get a proper valuation for him?

Last edited:
Its funny how people keep mentioning the spending this january clocking at around 200 million when 2/3 of this money was spent by chelsea, man city and liverpool. They do not represent on how clubs in the epl spend money, especially the first two.